Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Try 5 Star!

iRV2 Try 5 Star Opportunity! If you have ever wanted to try one of our RV Daily Tow tunes but have not pulled the trigger yet, we are giving you the opportunity to try our tune for FREE. No strings attached, simply free. We are confident you will love our tune and the first 15 members with an existing SCT device may complete the below link for a free custom email tune. We are offering this deal for 5.4L, 6.7L and 6.8L applications. (This deal is non-retroactive and cannot be combined with any past or future purchases).

Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory, your vehicle’s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance enthusiast. This not only leaves valuable horsepower & torque hidden inside your vehicle, but it also makes for a mediocre driving experience. Our tuners unlock your vehicle’s hidden performance by re-calibrating your vehicle’s PCM for maximum horsepower & torque, increase throttle response, clean shift points, increased efficiency and the best driving experience possible.

More Performance & Less Downshifting! 5 Star Tuning’s Custom Dyno Proven UP to 42 HP & 75 TQ tune files on our 3V 6.8L Tiffin optimize the vehicle’s Air/Fuel Ratio, Engine Timing & Fuel Curves for Maximum Performance, Improved Shifting without the High Revving headaches all while maintaining OEM reliability.

Why 5 Star Tuning? We are your industry leader in Ford and GM truck, car, SUV and motorhome tuning. We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. Rather than offering you, a one-size fits all approach we custom tailor all of your tunes to your specific needs. These needs can be more power, more torque, tuning for your current or future modifications or simply getting the best driving experience from your vehicle. In addition to our refined approach to tuning vehicle, we ensure your vehicle’s reliability will never be compromised.

Accolades: MotorHome Magazine 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Reader’s Choice Award Winner!

Dyno & Street Proven Tunes! Our 5 Star Tuning custom tunes have been dyno developed, refined, tested repeatedly, street tested, tow tested and driven all over the country in our own personal vehicles. Nothing says highest quality tune on the market such as investing in our own vehicles and testing them for over a million test miles by our own engineers.

Free Tunes for Life! Have you added a new mod to your motorhome and wish to maximize your application’s performance? For all of our Tunes for Life members, these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition. For more information on what qualifies for free tune upgrades visit https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/.

Want More Performance? A 5 Star Tuning Custom will dramatically improve your drivability, horsepower, torque, throttle response, efficiency, and towing capacity. Eliminate your factory speed limiter, sluggish throttle, sloppy shifts and lackadaisical nature of your vehicle.

How Do We Get More Performance? Our tunes bring the most potential out of your vehicle by adjusting your fuel tables, drive by wire, timing, torque converter, shift strategies and shift pressures. Visit our Custom Tuning Info section for more detailed information for your specific vehicle.

Which Tunes Are Available For My Application? No matter if your coach is stock or heavily modified, our RV Daily Tow tune is the perfect match for your application.

How Do I Load My Tune To My Device? NOTE: Before connecting your device to your PC, let's make sure you have the Device Update Software installed. Click here to download and install if you do not have the program installed.
1. Using the provided USB cable, connect your device to your computer. (Allow roughly 30 seconds for the drivers to install)
2. Save your custom tunes from your emailed link to your desktop.
3. Using the shortcut icon on your desktop, open the Device Updater software.
4. Now select “Load Custom Tune File” from the Basic Operations menu then click on the “Locate Custom Tunes" button.
5. Select the desired tune from the list of tunes.
6. Your tune will appear under “Available Tunes” on the left window within the Updater. You will need to transfer it to the device by using the arrow button in the middle of the SCT Updater.
7. Press “Program” when ready to transfer the custom tune to the device.
[embed] for questions on concerns on the tuning process. We also feature a support page with information and videos pertaining to loading your custom tunes, updating your device, installation, etc at https://5startuning.com//support/.

Note: SCT’s software is only compatible with Microsoft’s Windows operating systems.

Notice: By ordering this tuner, tune or performance modification you agree to assume all responsibility for assuring that it is in compliance with all U.S., Canadian, international, state & provincial laws and regulations. 5 Star Tuning assumes no liability for any violations arising out of any federal, state or provincial emissions or safety requirements on motor vehicles arising out of the customer’s modifications and/or use of our products or services.

Still not convinced? Continue below to see what 3rd party reviewers (The Fast Lane Truck) thought about our tune.

How Much Quicker and More Efficient Can Your RV Be?

https://5startuning.com/product/try-5-star/
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #2

Hello i want to buy the 7015FS
i have been told i can get a discount here?

Thanks in advance.
lhamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:22 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
how do you compare to the banks tune i have now in my 8.1?
stock rating at the crank was 340 hp and 455 torq
bank rating at crank 424 hp and 630 torq
at rear wheels i am at 342 hp and 456 torq

this is tune headers torq tubes ect
Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #4

5 Star Tuning Guys ???
lhamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #5

I have no complaints. I am very satisfied with the stock tune on my 2017 E450, V10, 6 speed.
I don't tow a brick house behind me, just a car with wheels. If I can only go the minimum posted speed up a hill, that's OK, I'll use the truck lane.

I don't need more power, faster throttle response or any of the other claims the tune offers.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhamuel View Post
Hello i want to buy the 7015FS
i have been told i can get a discount here?

Thanks in advance.
We still have the group buy open at the current price through the end of the month. In December the price will change.

Currently, SCT also has a $40 rebate on the tuner that you can combine with our offer.

https://5startuning.com/product/irv2/
Old 11-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtec16450yz View Post
The RV community certainly is an interesting market. Other car or truck guys would think nothing of dropping tens of thousands of dollars on mods or "toys". But you can't even give away tunes on here.
The car/truck market is an easier market to offer tunes to sample as many have tuners hanging around from Mustangs, Cameros or other race-inspired applications.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:54 AM   #8

because people dont think 5 star works. i didnt think so eather but i had to do something with my V10 it was shifting all the time noisy and screeming at the site of a over pass.
i couldnt use the cruse much witch i like to do. with the 5 star tune it has all been fixed. you have to call them and tell them what you have and what you want it to do. the people are very helpful on the phone. after 2800 mile trip i wanted a little more torque i called them and asked what they could do. with in 4 hours they emailed me a update tune works great.
push toy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:31 AM   #9

I was into an alignment shop to have some work done recenty. When I went back to pick up the rv the tech that did the work took us for a drive to show what he'd done. When I took off from a stop light he asked what I did to the engine to get it to be so responsive. He said another tech had commented to him that just a blip of the throttle produced more uumph then they'd experienced with other V10's. I was pleased to hear that as I'd only driven the RV once without the tune.
I've said this many times. I've had many cars, none of which were ever "tuned", but the first thing I bought after bringing the rv home was the 5-Star tune!
Old 11-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtec16450yz View Post
That's exactly what happens when you modify the stock calibrations so the throttle goes wide open when your foot isn't even pushing the pedal down half way. This in no way increases power, it simply gives the illusion of a power increase.

I understand that you feel it's voodoo, (and it just may be) but there is a difference that I feel was worth the money. (and, yes, I've read your other post trashing it.)
Old 11-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
I understand that you feel it's voodoo, (and it just may be) but there is a difference that I feel was worth the money. (and, yes, I've read your other post trashing it.)
Its not voodoo.
5 star states that one of the first thing it does is re-programs the throttle response. Its in their advertisements.

Just pushing down the pedal further, faster, when starting off will achieve the same thing.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
It also changes the Ford stock shift ranges for the tranny. I got it, with the discount, for my 2012 Itasca Impulse Silver 31RP (F-450 6.8L) and am glad that I did. I think it has helped in these mountains and hills of NC.
Eldn is offline   Reply With Quote