Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #141

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Now that is a business looking to do the right thing! Thanks TST Systems(Dan) if I decide to ever purchase a monitoring system TST will be the first place I look

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #142

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sensor will not release from valve stem

I have a problem with my sensor on the 507, when I put the sensor on the valve stem extension I put a small amount of gorilla glue to keep the sensor from turning that way I could take off and install the extension without the key for the sensors. My problem is now I can get the sensor to release from the valve stem extension. The valve stem turns in the sensor but the sensor will not release from the valve stem. I have held the valve stem to keep it from turning and use the key for the sensor. The sensor turns but still will not release the valve stem. Would appreciate any suggestions to get the sensor off. Hopefully if Dan sees this post he will have a solution.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #143

I not the expert like Dan, but I'd bet your valve stem is still turning if you are turning sensor with the key.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #144

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=Tha_Rooster;830034]I not the expert like Dan, but I'd bet your valve stem is still turning if you are turning sensor with the key.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your response, the valve stem extension is not turning, itís possible, I guess that where the part of the valve stems extension that is screwed into the sensor is turning. I can assure you that the body of the valve stem is not turning.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #145

I'm confused is the valve stem extension turning or not? Would it be possible to remove sensor with extension and take it apart once you have it off? Or can you hold extension without crushing it to turn sensor.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #146

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I'm confused is the valve stem extension turning or not? Would it be possible to remove sensor with extension and take it apart once you have it off? Or can you hold extension without crushing it to turn sensor.
Sorry for not being clearer on the problem, the valve stem extension will turn if I donít hold it. The sensor on the end will turn but will not release from the valve stem extension, I can install the extension and sensor on the valve stem of the tire and tighten the extension up to where it doesnít leak air. Also the sensor doesnít leak air either.

The sensor spins on the extension but will not come off that is my problem trying to get the sensor off the valve stem extension so I can replace the extension. I was hoping I would not have to try and take the extension apart to get it off. If all fails I will send the extension and sensor to TST to see if they can get it off.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
For all of the people who have rigs with extensions on the inside duals for convenience, do yourself a favor & get rid of the damn things the first chance you have.

Replace them with Dually Valve Stems and you will NEVER have anymore extension problems.

They are easy to use and very rigid for any & all of the TPMS sensors that are made today.

Dually Valve - Main Frameset

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #148

Ok now I've got either your sensor or extension or both are cross threaded or strip. The best advise I could give is Dan help the man.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #149

Newmar Owners Club
Dually Valve - Main Frameset

A little overpriced!
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
I guess it all depends on the way you look at what the cost would be for those problems and headaches with your current system.

I, for one, will pay more for higher quality and for a system that is proven to work without having any problems or giving me headaches on the road or while parked for that matter.

Since I am a full-time RVer and use it for my home, the less problems I have while on the road, the more enjoyment I get in return. For those that only use their RV for recreational purposes then I guess it makes sense to go the cheap way.

The old saying goes, "Pay me now or pay me later, your choice."

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #151

I believe it cost us part time recreational rver's more because we are not using them. I agree with you on one point somethings you buy cheap are just cheaply made so you can buy it now and again later. I have not had the first problem with my tst system it seems to be a very good system if installed properly.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #152

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The only problems I have had are because I put the sensors on too tight!

a little loctite, and trust the TST

THats my plan
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #153
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Wow! That is a situation... Typically, we would suggest the medium duty loc-tite.

Gorrilla Glue is a very powerful adhesive, and it sounds like some has leaked into your threads.

I really cannot think of an easy fix other than removing your extension and vice gripping either the sensor or the extender.

My (unfortunate) bet is that you will wind up breaking either the sensor or the extender in the process.

I am sorry as I wish I could offer you a better suggestion.

Please let me know how this works out.

Thank You!

Dan Covington
TST

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
I have a problem with my sensor on the 507, when I put the sensor on the valve stem extension I put a small amount of gorilla glue to keep the sensor from turning that way I could take off and install the extension without the key for the sensors. My problem is now I can get the sensor to release from the valve stem extension. The valve stem turns in the sensor but the sensor will not release from the valve stem. I have held the valve stem to keep it from turning and use the key for the sensor. The sensor turns but still will not release the valve stem. Would appreciate any suggestions to get the sensor off. Hopefully if Dan sees this post he will have a solution.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #154
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Also, in the spirit of cooperation, we will be happy to replace your sensor under warranty...

You may send it in to us at:

TST
4250 Keith Bridge Rd
Suite 130
Cumming, GA 30041

We do care, and we definitely want you to be happy with the treatment you receive from us, as well as, the performance of our systems.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST