Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #155
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Ok now I've got either your sensor or extension or both are cross threaded or strip. The best advise I could give is Dan help the man.
I am willing to swap out his sensor under warranty... I do not really have a solution for this...

Thank You!

Dan Covington
TST

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #156

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dan thanks for your offer on replacing the sensor. I will get it to you to see you you can get it to release.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #157

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am probably preaching to the choir but I wanted to let the folks know why I recommend TST as a TPMS. I posted about a problem that I was having getting one of the sensors off of a valve stem extension. Dan at TST posted that he would be glad to replace the sensor, just send the old one back. I sent the sensor back also requesting some O rings. Sense they were giving me a replacement sensor I offered to pay for the rings. I sent the sensor out on April 21, received the replacement with the O rings today, with a message that they give free O rings on request. I think that is great service with a short turn around.

Thanks Dan for your help, I will continue to recommend your company for TPMS and explain why.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #158
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think people want to know the good as well as the bad. It's good what Dan did for you.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #159

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I agree that TST is a GREAT company to do business with...

THey have gone ABOVE-AND-BEYOND to make sure we are well taken care of.

I am one of the FIRST to complain, when I don't feel I am treated well as a customer...As many can attest.

I am also one of the FIRST to praise an organization that appreciates me and my business..

mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #160
Official iRV2 Sponsor

To all of you,

THANK YOU for taking the time to post your favorable experiences with our company.

I personally am an RVer. I LOVE RVing, and we as an organization are merely seeking to make our passion safer for everybody.

It is easy for folks to get online and post an unfavorable response to a situation, however, it is not often in our society for people to acknowledge positive acts as well.

Thank you for trusting our products and recognizing our sincerity in standing behind them and our customers.

Sincerely,

Dan Covington
President
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #161
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
I am probably preaching to the choir but I wanted to let the folks know why I recommend TST as a TPMS. I posted about a problem that I was having getting one of the sensors off of a valve stem extension. Dan at TST posted that he would be glad to replace the sensor, just send the old one back. I sent the sensor back also requesting some O rings. Sense they were giving me a replacement sensor I offered to pay for the rings. I sent the sensor out on April 21, received the replacement with the O rings today, with a message that they give free O rings on request. I think that is great service with a short turn around.

Thanks Dan for your help, I will continue to recommend your company for TPMS and explain why.
You are very welcome! I am glad we were able to get this taken care of and thank you for taking the time to post the outcome.

Travel in safety and contact us anytime if we can help you again in the furture!

Dan
Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #162

Monaco Owners Club
I just wanted to post up out loud and in the open that I am a new TST 507 owner, and Dan has been quick and patient responding to my emails, many of which were due to leaving home without the manual.

BTW Dan, the replacement sensor did arrive in my office yesterday as promised.
Also last night I found the O-N / O-F-F switch, and switched it off before going to bed, so it didn't keep me awake beeping at the missing toad sensor.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #163

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I'm looking at the 507 system and it comes with a 'short' antenna as compared to the 510 system. Anyone have any direct experience with reception in a truck/fifth wheel configuration? Just curious if I can get by without ordering the repeater.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #164

I get good reception on my toad which is about 45 feet away from ant.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
Me too...so far I've been very impressed with the reception capbility. In fact, I was getting readings in the house with the sensors probably 80-100 feet away. On the current trip I've dropped reception to a toad sensor now and then but haven't had it happen often enough to figure out what it might be associated with - if its not just a random even.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #166

Damon Owners Club
First, let me be clear; I am very happy with this system. It does exactly what I wanted and expected it to do. Now, the reason behind this post. . .

I mounted my system about 14months ago on the MH and the TOAD shortly before a 2k east coast trip. No problems at all at that time. The sensors have remained on the MH the entire time (except for tire maint), but recently I switched out my TOAD and pulled the sensors to put on the new one. There now seems to be an issue I can't find a solution to in the owners manual.

After I placed the sensors on the TOAD, I checked the monitor, adjusted the limits to account for the change, and went on to work on something else. After several hours I was back inside the MH when I heard the audible alarm and checked the readout. . .3 of the 4 tires on the TOAD were showing 3PSI....whoa! The forth is showing a hi-temp reading and alarm, but the temp readout is less then the alarm set parameters (90 degrees vs setting of 155 degrees).

Sure enough, when I went outside to check, three flat tires on the TOAD. I pulled all the sensors off, filled the tires and placed the sensors back on. The tires (same three)mmediately started to leak air,and the forth one is still displaying that pesky alarm for high temp values! The sensors are now sitting patiently in a baggie awaiting a solution to this...

So, questions?
1) Is there something from a maint stand point I missed during the re-install? Should I have used a drop of oil or something on the sensor before I put them on the new TOAD?

2) For the leaking ones, Is it probable that the value stems neddles are placed too far "out" (or "in" depending on your point of view) within the stem itself?

3) Any idea why the one sensor would continue to give a false high temp reading?

4) Or is all this simply user error and I should start over? :-)

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #167
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
First, let me be clear; I am very happy with this system. It does exactly what I wanted and expected it to do. Now, the reason behind this post. . .

I mounted my system about 14months ago on the MH and the TOAD shortly before a 2k east coast trip. No problems at all at that time. The sensors have remained on the MH the entire time (except for tire maint), but recently I switched out my TOAD and pulled the sensors to put on the new one. There now seems to be an issue I can't find a solution to in the owners manual.

After I placed the sensors on the TOAD, I checked the monitor, adjusted the limits to account for the change, and went on to work on something else. After several hours I was back inside the MH when I heard the audible alarm and checked the readout. . .3 of the 4 tires on the TOAD were showing 3PSI....whoa! The forth is showing a hi-temp reading and alarm, but the temp readout is less then the alarm set parameters (90 degrees vs setting of 155 degrees).

Sure enough, when I went outside to check, three flat tires on the TOAD. I pulled all the sensors off, filled the tires and placed the sensors back on. The tires (same three)mmediately started to leak air,and the forth one is still displaying that pesky alarm for high temp values! The sensors are now sitting patiently in a baggie awaiting a solution to this...

So, questions?
1) Is there something from a maint stand point I missed during the re-install? Should I have used a drop of oil or something on the sensor before I put them on the new TOAD?

2) For the leaking ones, Is it probable that the value stems neddles are placed too far "out" (or "in" depending on your point of view) within the stem itself?

3) Any idea why the one sensor would continue to give a false high temp reading?

4) Or is all this simply user error and I should start over? :-)

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Sir,

We are sorry to hear of your troubles regarding the sensors.

If you have metal valve stems on your towed, it has come to our attention that over time, your valve stem nuts can become loose allowing air to leak.

It is possible that when you removed your sensors and reinstalled them, you may have inadvertently loosened your valve stems as well.

I would suggest taking a wrench and making certain that your valve stems are tight as it is likely that the source of the leaks are originating there.

Please let me know what you find.

Thank You!

Dan Covington
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #168

Monaco Owners Club
I have a TST 507 system on my MH. During my recent 7500 mile trip, I more than likely saved many dollars of possible damage due to the system. We had traveled about 3500 miles, when one morning we got ready to leave (Saturday of the Meemorial Day Weekend) and my inner rear tire was showing anout 30 lbs low. When I checked the tire, it was in fact low. I couldn't find anyone that could repair the tire where we were, so I was able to drive to our next stop knowing that the pressure was being monitored. Without the system I would not have wanted to drive the coach not knowing if it was leaking or not.

3 days later, on Tuesday, I found a repair shop that could repair the tire, they found a self drilling screw anout 1 1/4 inch long in the tire. It was repaired and I was on my way in about an hour and for only $25.

Thanks TST

Dnnis

DennisZ is online now   Reply With Quote