Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #211
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Does TST have this type of sensor?

EK2 TPMS wireless tire pressure monitoring systems are based on the latest wireless sensor technology. Newly designed, flow through sensor technology (EK215G) allows users to add or remove air from tires without removing sensors.
We have our internal sensors in Beta testing currently, and we expect to begin marketing them in March.

Thank you for your inquiry!

Dan Covington
TST Systems

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #212

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Dan,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the release of your new sensors.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #213

Product Documentation and Description

I've read the numerous posts with interest and have spent time browsing the TST website. What seems to be missing are specifications, descriptions, and pictures of how the unit works and is programmed. For example, there is no image of the 507 screen "turned on." Nor can I find a description of how the unit "alarms." It would be great to have such info, either on the web site per se or as downloadable PDF support and description files, which are ubiquitous on the internet. It looks like TSP might be a better option than PressurePro, but PressurePro, and others, much more clearly describe and illustrate their product than TST.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #214

Nor'easters Club
Today I stopped at TST facility,on my way south...I suggest you call Dan, he can explain. They installed my unit and an hour later the alarm sounded! No big deal, just have to adjust the parameters .... I wish I read the manual before I left so I would have known how to adjust them on the fly. Ha ha. I think this product is a good value.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #215

We just bought the TST 507 System two weeks ago.

We have it setup for our Truck and 5th Wheel.

Easy to setup and easy to read.

Used it for the first time on our move last Friday, from Orlando FL to Tallahassee FL, it worked great.

We head to Texas is a few weeks, glad we have the TST System for piece of mind while towing.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #216
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
Dan,

Since the senors must be removed to make any air adjustments, after setting duals within 1psi of each other, what is considered an acceptable range between cold sensor readings before removing them to verify and or make any adjustments.
I want to make sure I understand the question clearly.. Please correct me if I have misunderstood something.

Our sensors are accurate within 1.5+/- PSI. Most digital gauges are accurate within 2+/- PSI.

Therefore, you could have an instance where your gauge is reading high and our sensor is reading low. If this is the case, so long as your system and your gauge are reading within 3.5-4 PSI of each other, this is acceptable.

Good question and thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 02-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #217
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Today I stopped at TST facility,on my way south...I suggest you call Dan, he can explain. They installed my unit and an hour later the alarm sounded! No big deal, just have to adjust the parameters .... I wish I read the manual before I left so I would have known how to adjust them on the fly. Ha ha. I think this product is a good value.
Thank you for going out of your way to visit us at our facility, and more importantly, THANK YOU for the eats! They were delicious!!

If you run into a snag with your system, just give us a call. We are happy to help and we are never farther than a phone call away!

It was nice meeting you in person, and your coach is beautiful!

Travel in safety!

Dan Covington
TST
(770) 889-9102
Old 02-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #218
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue lacy View Post
I've read the numerous posts with interest and have spent time browsing the TST website. What seems to be missing are specifications, descriptions, and pictures of how the unit works and is programmed. For example, there is no image of the 507 screen "turned on." Nor can I find a description of how the unit "alarms." It would be great to have such info, either on the web site per se or as downloadable PDF support and description files, which are ubiquitous on the internet. It looks like TSP might be a better option than PressurePro, but PressurePro, and others, much more clearly describe and illustrate their product than TST.
Our website is a perpetual "work in progress" and I hope you will forgive any unintentional oversights on our part. If you will click the link below it will take you to a video regarding our 510 system. You can also hit this video by clicking on the AmericanRver link on our homepage.

http://www.americanrver.com/tst.html

A little additional research on the site will also lead you to a video interview I gave myself pertaining to the 507 system.

Our frequently asked questions also provides some additional information, and if you will email me at dcovington@tsttruck.com I will happily send you owners manuals for both of our systems.

Thank you for your post and you will notice some improvements to our site and additions to our product line soon!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #219

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
I just ordered a 507 system and I'm anxious to get it installed! Dan, I emailed you before I completely searched through the site... Thanks anyway!

Gary
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #220
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
I just ordered a 507 system and I'm anxious to get it installed! Dan, I emailed you before I completely searched through the site... Thanks anyway!

Gary
Hello Gary,

Thank you for purchasing our system! Please feel free to give us a call if you need any help or have any questions during installation.

Travel in safety!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #221

National RV Owners Club
After running with one of the first TST systems I finally had to replace my old system with the 507 system. Really impressed with ease of set up and the fact that I'll be able to change out the batteries when needed, something I couldn't do on my old system. Really like the new on/off button on the monitor and the mounting features it has. Looking forward to moving on down the road with this new system. The new sensor mounting tool is a great improvement over the old one with the plastic handle. It was so bulky I couldn't use it to install the old theft deterent second generation sensors through the opening on my MH front wheel covers. I had to use the original sensors that I bought through the company prior to TST becoming the distributor. Those were heavier and could be hand installed.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #222

National RV Owners Club
Joe
How mant times did you have to replace the sensors on the old system due to low batteries?

Dick
Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #223

I have the old system since 27 month and i had to change 2 sensors
so farr
Andrew
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #224

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Joe
How mant times did you have to replace the sensors on the old system due to low batteries?

Dick
My original sensors from SAF-TTE in CO are the ones I used on the front and they lasted about four years until the batteries went down. That system was one that most folks never saw. It could be installed and removed by hand. The ones I ran on the back 4 tires on the MH and on the Toad were the third generation Sensors that needed the tool to install and remove, originally supplied from SAF-TTE in CO who folded up business and then TST stepped in and worked a deal with the Manufacturer to honor the warranty for those of us who were left high and dry by the other company. I was one of the fortunate ones that TST covered even though I had not bought the originals from them. These third generation sensors are finally seeing the end of their battery life after 4 or 5 years of being installed constantly.

The batteries on these originals and 2nd and third generation sensors could not be changed out by the user.
Before I forget, the 2nd generation Sensors supplied to me from the old Company created a lot of problems, in that the threads were not deep enough to properly seat on the valve stem, thus causing air leaks as you drove down the road. They were also with the tool as they were the first theft deterent sensors.
These new 507 sensors and monitor really look great. I haven't seen any complaints other then the one were someone stated that they had to have their valve stems cut to get the sensors off so they could return them. Not sure if those were 507s. Not seeing this or knowing the individual who had this problem I can't comment as to why this happened. Perhaps he used Loctite when he installed them.

So after being long winded I'll answer your question. Some lasted 3 yrs, others lasted 4 or 5 yrs. I originally installed the first sensors the Jan before TST became the Dist. so it could have been 4 or 5 years.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote