Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #239

We are home from our 6 months of Arizona sun so I removed the sendors from the fifthwheel after the 4 day trip and two sensors left a rubber gasket on the vale stem. I carefully put them back into the sensor. Will I have a problem the next time I need to monitor the air pressure? It is nice to know how the tires are doing towing down or up the roads.
Larry Barnhart

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #240
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Barnhart View Post
We are home from our 6 months of Arizona sun so I removed the sendors from the fifthwheel after the 4 day trip and two sensors left a rubber gasket on the vale stem. I carefully put them back into the sensor. Will I have a problem the next time I need to monitor the air pressure? It is nice to know how the tires are doing towing down or up the roads.
Larry Barnhart
Call TST , they will mail you some for free as spares. They did for me last year

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #241

My 507 kit came with 4 spare O-rings.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #242
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Larry Barnhart
Hello Larry,

Sometimes that can happen if you over tighten the sensors. Not to worry though, as your system should have arrived with 6 replacement gaskets and we do send them out free of charge to customers that call in and request them.

I am glad all went well, and please let us know if we may help you further.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 03-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #243

I did not received any gaskets but did several o-rings and tiny screws for battery replacement. I would like some gaskets and will give Abby a call tomorrow. larry
Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #244

You can call TST as others have suggested to get more gaskets but the gaskets do on occasion work their way out of the sensors. It is fine to just gently push them back in and you're good to go. It happened to us last year and Dutch pushed it back in and he have had no troubles. Diana

Quote:
Larry Barnhart
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #245

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
Hi Dan;
I'll be calling you next week with a few questions prior to ordering a system. Based on the vast majority of opinions voiced here, and your highly proactive ethic towards customer service, I feel very comfortable throwing you my business.
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #246

Just a quick response to my post of last week. Recieved the replacement sensor for the one that had bad threads and installed it yesterday all is good have 6 working sensors and am a happy camper. Now I have a question about when to remove sensors. I have read a lot of post where people remove the sensors when th MH will be idle. I also remember reading somewhere the battery in the sensor is good for 5 to 7 years. So the question is should I remove the sensors when the MH is going to be idle or just leave them alone unless I need to add air? If I should remove them what would be the determining time interval?
thanks for any input
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #247

I removed ours because we were not moving again for 6 months. I can tell you to not mix the senors up. I have 4 zip lock bags with a black marker pen telling which tire is where.
Larry Barnhart
Old 04-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #248

I never removed mine they are install since november 2009
i presume when the monitor is off, nothing is asking for power
Andrew
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #249

You are not correct from what the instructions I read. Removing the sensors turns off the battery. Probably not a big deal .
chevman
Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #250

Freightliner Owners Club
I have the 507 and the sensor only draws power
under pressure. I'm interested in Dans answer on
battery life with extended usage. Good product. Looking forward to the new sensor that stays in place and tires can still be inflated.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #251

Page 8 of the TM-507RV/SE manual explains the sensor low battery alert.

One sensor battery went completely dead while my MH was in the shop for 3 months and would not read PSI/Temp or flash the red light or the low battery icon when I turned my 507 on. It didn't beep either.

Dan, pls tell Mike he was right; it was the battery. Also tell him the the $ and 99 cent stores do not carry the CR-1632 sensor batteries. They do have AAA - AA - C - D - 9 volt and AG-10(390, LR1130, 189) button cells.

If anybody uses these type of batteries, their Sunbeam Alkaline batteries are as good or better than the "Bunny" or the "Coppertop" batteries. They last just as long or longer and have the same or more energy. 4-packs of AA and AAAs are $1.00 at Dollar Tree. Actually, everything at Dollar Tree is $1.00. They have a 4-pack and an 8-pack of AG-10s. Both are $1.00. Figure that one out.

BTW, there is a Walmart in the shopping center where this Dollar Tree store is and I get free MH parking for plugging DT. ... really!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #252

I took the sensors off of my 20' enclosed and will do the same with my MH if the temps don't drop below the 90s here and where I camp.

I talked to Mike at TST today and he called me back after confirming that the 507 sensors only draw power under pressure. He also said it should extend the life of the batteries by removing them during the off-season.