Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #267

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Bob, I didn't see that in my book, I'll have to check it again.

IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #268
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
I've installed my TST 510 system, now I'm wondering what do I set the axle pressures to. My front tires take 95psi cold and my rear duals take 85psi cold. What should I set the high and low pressures to and the high Temp alarm? The manual tells you how to set it up, it doesn't say how to figure it out.

Thanks,
Stewart
Hello Stewart,

Thank you for you for becoming one of our customers!

To answer your question, we typically suggest setting your high PSI at 20% above your manufacturers recommended PSI cold (which you will find on your door plate inside your RV) and your low PSI at 10% below your manufacturer recommended PSI cold.

So, we would suggest setting your high PSI for your steer axle at 115 PSI and your low at 85 PSI.

We would suggest setting your drive axle high at 103 PSI and your drive axle low at 76 PSI.

Your temperature setting should have arrived preset at 158 degrees Fahrenheit. We suggest leaving that setting alone as your tires will typically fail between 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Typcially, your tires will normally operate at approximately 20% above the ambient temperature.

Thank you for your post, and please let me know if we may assist you further!

Enjoy your system!

Dan Covington
TST

Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #269
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
These are Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems NOT Tire Temperature Monitoring Systems.

I don't want to rain on someones parade but if you really think that ANY stem mounted sensor can accurately measure the temperature of the tire, I have 100 acres of prime land in Florida for sale cheap.

There is/was only one system I recall that would give you accurate temperature readings, the sensors were mounted inside and attached to the wheel. They still sell this system but do not support it anymore for the RV industry.

I don't recall the name of it either, sorry.

All you have to remember is that when temperature goes up, tire pressure goes up. That's why the tires on the sunny side of the coach will be higher in pressure than the ones on the shady side of the coach.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Hello Sir,

I do not want to start some debate, however, I had a customer that phoned in to share his experience with me which could have resulted in a dire situation had it not been for temperature monitoring..

My customer contacted me and told me that he was driving down the road and his PSI ranges were perfectly normal.

He said he had a high temperature alarm go off in the cab of his vehicle. He pulled over to check the situation despite PSI in the tire appearing within normal range.

When he got out and approached the tire that was alarming, he discovered a steel belt within the tire itself had actually broken, causing the tire to swell, yet sustain normal PSI.

The tire heated up (as is the usual sign of a manufacturer defect or failure in a tire) and went above 158 degrees Fahrenheit.

Had he continued to drive with this tire, a catastrophic failure would have ensued.

My customer thanked me for the quality of the system, and was very grateful to have avoided the perils of further driving on this tire...

I just wanted to share this with you all. This is a real world example of the significance of temperature monitoring. We are all RVers, and we can all learn from others.

I just thought I would pass this along.

Thank you for your post.

Dan Covington
TST
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #270
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Does TST have this type of sensor?

EK2 TPMS wireless tire pressure monitoring systems are based on the latest wireless sensor technology. Newly designed, flow through sensor technology (EK215G) allows users to add or remove air from tires without removing sensors.
You will soon see our flow through sensors which come with a one year user replaceable battery and the tire may be aired without removing this external sensor.

The sensor will appear on our website within the next week, and we have concluded beta testing on our internal sensors.

Both of these products work with our 507 monitor, and program just as our existing 507 sensors do.

We are not discontinuing any existing sensors or systems as demand remains strong.

We are simply developing more products for our diverse customer base.

Thank you all for your interest and support of our products!

Dan Covington
TST
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
You will soon see our flow through sensors which come with a one year user replaceable battery and the tire may be aired without removing this external sensor.

The sensor will appear on our website within the next week, and we have concluded beta testing on our internal sensors.

Both of these products work with our 507 monitor, and program just as our existing 507 sensors do.

We are not discontinuing any existing sensors or systems as demand remains strong.

We are simply developing more products for our diverse customer base.

Thank you all for your interest and support of our products!

Dan Covington
TST
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
What will the price of these units be?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #272

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dan

I ordered a 10 sensor 507 system from Diana and it just come in a few days ago. I wanted to read the manual and this thread a couple of time before installing the sensors. Went through the setup several times and I have several questions.

1. You mentioned gorilla glue to connect outer shell to the sensor so you would not have to use the key to install the sensor. Thiis would disable the anti theft function. Page 4 of the manual states that you can do the same thing by removing the outer shell (Page 9)and simply installing the sensors directly on the stem without the special key. Could I have some pro's and con's on this please.

2. When setting up my toads pressure alarms the lowest upper alarm is 101 PSI?? I can set my lower alarm ok. Am I doing something wrong?

3. When I received my unit the install instructions said to remove the static cover from the monitor. I did not see one and there were at least five scratches on the face. Contact Diana and wait.....she said there is a cover. So carefully I used a razor blade to find it. Are there any plans to correct this?? Most electronic equipment has some sort of writings on their covers and a method to grab it.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #273

About the anti-theft thing. I couldn't install or remove or add air without removing my front trim rings. I just took the anti-theft thing off. It's a tight fit, but I can get the front ones on and off now and I think a thief would think twice about trying.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #274

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dunner,

Just installed my sensors. I was not able to use the Anti-theft devices on the MH. The fit was too tight and I did not want to have to make modifications to make them work. However, the toad is no problem.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #275

I thought about cutting the stem opening wider, but when I tried without the anti-theft part, I found I could get them on and off. If I drop one inside the trim ring, I think I can jack it up and turn the wheel so it will fall out the bottom. I have braided SS extensions on the rear, so they are no problem.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #276

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dunner
I have braided extensions on the rear that connect to the Hub and there is enough room to put the sensor on with anti-heft shell but no room to intall the tool. I am satisfied like it is. In many years of camping I have never had anything stolen at a campsite. My MH stays under cover when home next to our bedroom. Pretty secure.

All 10 of my sensors work. So I guess I am good to go. Good Range. I can set in my living room of my stick house and read all the pressures and temps . Doubt I will need a repeater. Very pleased with my investment. Wish I had purchased sooner before I lost 4 toad tires and overheated my toad braking system.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #277

My extensions are mounted on SS brackets like this |______| and come out the the face of the hubcap. One end goes over the retaining stud for the trim ring.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #278

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
Dan
Most electronic equipment has some sort of writings on their covers and a method to grab it.
I beg to differ... , if fact most static covers DON'T have any writing on them. And most people don't even know there is a static cover on the plastic display screen, or other items like their TV remotes. Although, they are more obvious on display screens than on your TV remote, but if you haven't removed one, it's probably still there.

I can't tell you how many "unremoved" static covers I have run across when helping people with their electronic devices. It's like people leaving the plastic on their lamp shades, or the tags on their matresses...
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #279

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ok ok ok Change my "most" to "some". Should have also clarified it to "purchases I have made." Sorry. When I saw scratches on the display I was concerned where the monitor had been. The instructions clearly state to remove it and initially I could not find it without contacting the vendor who assured me it was there and that the scratches I saw were not scratches on the display. I thought it had been removed and the scratches were on the display. My new system is in perfect shape so I hope no one considers this a complaint. So far I love it. Just what I need. I just feel a small tab would help since the vendor stated this is not the first time a customer had contacted them about it.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #280
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
Dan

I ordered a 10 sensor 507 system from Diana and it just come in a few days ago. I wanted to read the manual and this thread a couple of time before installing the sensors. Went through the setup several times and I have several questions.

1. You mentioned gorilla glue to connect outer shell to the sensor so you would not have to use the key to install the sensor. Thiis would disable the anti theft function. Page 4 of the manual states that you can do the same thing by removing the outer shell (Page 9)and simply installing the sensors directly on the stem without the special key. Could I have some pro's and con's on this please.

2. When setting up my toads pressure alarms the lowest upper alarm is 101 PSI?? I can set my lower alarm ok. Am I doing something wrong?

3. When I received my unit the install instructions said to remove the static cover from the monitor. I did not see one and there were at least five scratches on the face. Contact Diana and wait.....she said there is a cover. So carefully I used a razor blade to find it. Are there any plans to correct this?? Most electronic equipment has some sort of writings on their covers and a method to grab it.
Hello Sir,

Thank you for purchasing our system.

To answer your questions, my comment regarding gorilla glue was made to apply to our 510 system. As you recognized, the 507 theft deterrent feature can be eliminated by simply removing the outer shell from the sensor.

There are really no direct hazards or problems associated with removing the outer sensor shell. The only fact is simply that you are removing a layer of protection of the sensor chip, however, like some of the other posters, my RV steer axle opening is too tight for me to install and remove my sensors without removing the hub cap UNLESS I too remove the outer shell of my sensor.

Once I did that, it is a tight fit, however, I can remove the sensor without taking off the hub cap. To date, all is well and the system continues to function well without issue.

It is acceptable and safe to remove the theft resistent outer shell if need be on the 507 system.

In regards to programming your system, simply program your low PSI setting first. The high alert parameter will not go lower than the low alert parameter. Simply set your low parameters on your axles first, then set your high alert parameters. (We also have a 5 minute video on our 507 page which you can follow along to help in programming your system).

Here is a video link for your convenience:

507 TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System Installation - YouTube=

Your system will go all the way down to 1 PSI on the low pressure alert parameter.

In regards to the static sticker, we actually have some customers that prefer to leave them on to cut down on glare or reflections from the screen. We walk a line with changing that..

Enjoy your system!

Dan Covington
TST