Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #337
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
It's Abby. Met her at the Phx rally.
The b's on my iPhone are backwards and look like d's.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #338

It's your story, stick to it.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #339

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cliff is, at times, somewhat backwards
Old 05-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #340

If those settings make you comfortable, then you should use them but do keep in mind that the settings are recommended settings. They are not 100% written in stone. You have to set your monitor for your travel: temperature, altitude, how long you travel each day, how long our are on the road and things like that. We are fulltime RV'ers and while not the norm, we just traveled 4,047 miles in 45 days. It is scary and annoying to get an alarm only to find out it was just to alert you that you went over or under your parameter settings. 20% and 15% works for us and you should use settings that work for you. Diana
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #341

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch & Diana Irrgang View Post
If those settings make you comfortable, then you should use them but do keep in mind that the settings are recommended settings. They are not 100% written in stone. You have to set your monitor for your travel: temperature, altitude, how long you travel each day, how long our are on the road and things like that. We are fulltime RV'ers and while not the norm, we just traveled 4,047 miles in 45 days. It is scary and annoying to get an alarm only to find out it was just to alert you that you went over or under your parameter settings. 20% and 15% works for us and you should use settings that work for you. Diana
Agreed, I travel 450 to 600 miles per day. Tire pressures are 105 front, 95 rear. It's is common for the from tires to run 127 to 130 on these long runs. Especially through the deserts of CA, AZ and NM. I set my high alarm to 130.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Hi Dan, I hoping you can clear something up for me. There seems to be some discrepancy as to setting the high pressure alarm. Some say 15% above your cold psi, in my case 95 front/ 88 rear, This is backed up by what people find in the manual, I don't have mine at hand so I can't say whats in mine. Others say +20%, backed up by a TST company video, located at
The video shows the 510, which I have.

At +15% my alarm pressure would be 101psi. My inside rears seem to like running at ~103psi, therefore using the 15% I would be in constant alarm. At +20% my alarm pressure would be 106psi and therefore not in alarm. Common sense would indicate to just use the 20% but is that safe? or am I just over thinking the problem and the extra 5% is nothing to worry about. Are the + percentages derived scientifically or anecdotally.
Thank you again for the millionth time,
Stewart

Sorry about the double video, don't know how that happened either, lol.
Hello Stewart,

I apologize for the delay in my reply. Things have been pretty busy and my oldest daughter is graduating from high school this coming week and we are planning a vacation to celebrate her achievment.

To answer your question regarding PSI high and low parameter settings, our early position was to set your high PSI setting at 15% above your manufacturers recommended PSI cold, and we have also recommended setting your low PSI setting at 10% below what you ordinarily run in PSI cold.

As our customer base has grown, we have concluded that approximately 15% - 20% of our customer base find it normal for their tires to slightly exceed our initial suggestion of 15% by a couple of PSI, so we raised our suggestion to 20% above the manufacturers recommended PSI cold.

Our official position on PSI settings is to set your low at 10% below your manufacturers recommended PSI cold, and we suggest setting your high at 20% above your manufacturers recommended PSI cold.

We also suggest setting your temperature at 158 degrees Fahrenheit as tires will typically fail between 180 - 200 degrees Fahrenheit. This setting is comfortably below a danger threshold, yet above normal operating temperatures.

In general terms, your tires will operate approximately 20% above ambient temperatures, and they will be sensative to being shaded, in the sun, etc.

Thank you for your request for clarity, and we are in the process of revamping our literature and videos to reflect our position.

Thank you for being one of our customers, and thank you for all of your questions!

Travel in safety and have a safe Memorial Day weekend!

Thank You!

Dan Covington
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #343

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
We left yesterday, for a long weekend of camping.. I powered up the TST 507 and the display showed everything, like when it's booting up. Problem was, that it stayed that way for 20 minutes. It eventually began working properly. I haven't checked it yet today, but wondered if that was a potential problem.

This is only our second trip, since I installed the 507.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #344
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
This is only our second trip, since I installed the 507.
I'm thinking that the monitor was still collecting data from all the sensors. When I turn my system on from a cold start it takes a little bit of time before all the pressures display on the face of the monitor.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 05-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #345
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer
I'm thinking that the monitor was still collecting data from all the sensors. When I turn my system on from a cold start it takes a little bit of time before all the pressures display on the face of the monitor.
Mine takes a few minutes but not 20.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #346
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Mine takes a few minutes but not 20.
Me too! Sometimes .... "a watch pot never boils" My system doesn't take 20 minutes to come up but I have sort of over looked the time that it actually does take since I turn the system on and go about doing other things. By the time I put the machine in D the TPMS is pinging all 8 sensors AOK.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #347
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer
Me too! Sometimes .... "a watch pot never boils" My system doesn't take 20 minutes to come up but I have sort of over looked the time that it actually does take since I turn the system on and go about doing other things. By the time I put the machine in D the TPMS is pinging all 8 sensors AOK.
8. ??

Old 05-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #348
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
8. ??
I use a Crossfire on the doolies and have a single sensor in that location.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #349
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
I use a Crossfire on the doolies and have a single sensor in that location.
Cool. The other 4 on dinghy. Now I get it.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #350
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Cool. The other 4 on dinghy. Now I get it.
Roger that. I do get a little pushback on that strategy but overall I find that it works for me.
Closed Thread