Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #351

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
We left yesterday, for a long weekend of camping.. I powered up the TST 507 and the display showed everything, like when it's booting up. Problem was, that it stayed that way for 20 minutes. It eventually began working properly. I haven't checked it yet today, but wondered if that was a potential problem.

This is only our second trip, since I installed the 507.
As I understand the transmitters only transmitt every five minutes......Unless it starts leaking or alarms. So it depends on how you hit the transmission cycle. Transmission is not continuous.

TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #352

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have not been on the road yet with the 507. Leaving in another week or so. I turned on the 507 and it took about 9 minutes to display 6 readings so when I get on the road I will expect maybe 15 for all 10. I will just make sure the monitor is on a half hour or so before I leave. I wil just let it go to sleep. It is supposed to keep up while sleeping.

TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 05-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #353

I feel ours is slow to get all 4 tires showing on the monitor.
chevman
Old 05-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #354

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
I'm thinking that the monitor was still collecting data from all the sensors. When I turn my system on from a cold start it takes a little bit of time before all the pressures display on the face of the monitor.

What I experienced is completely different, than when it's waiting on info from the sensors. What it did, was show everything the display was capable of and it showed like that, for 20 minutes. We're camping semi-locally this weekend and the monitor didn't start working until we were almost at our destination.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #355

It was doing a Power On Self Test(POST) and should have only lasted 1-2 seconds. If it's taking 20 minutes every time you power it up, contact Dan @TST.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #356

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I first got mine the monitor quit after a few days. Abby sent me another one real quick so don't hesitate to call them if you think your monitor is broken. This one is working great but it will be a few days for my first outing.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 05-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #357

What most people fail to realize is that there is this thing called "Infant Mortality".

If a unit is going to fail, it will do so early in it's life.

Once it gets past that, it's more likely to work for a long time.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #358

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hope your right Dunner.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 05-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #359

Me too, I have a new 507 with only 2 trips on it. On sensor battery died a premature death. Hope that's all the ever goes wrong with it.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #360

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
It was doing a Power On Self Test(POST) and should have only lasted 1-2 seconds. If it's taking 20 minutes every time you power it up, contact Dan @TST.
If it does it again, I will give him a yell... It worked perfectly, for the rest of the weekend...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #361

Monaco Owners Club
Installed/setup my TST 510 today on the Knight. Could not of been any easier. The range was so good I had the control module in my office and it still picked up the tire pressures and temps. Did a quick drive and everything was spot on. Glad to have the extra piece of mind...
troyrice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #362

Damon Owners Club
I'm a couple days late posting this, but "better late then never" I suppose.

Recently I had some issues with my 510 system that I just could not resolve. After Dan from TST reached out to me & we tried to trouble shoot a solution we determined that the problem was outside our ability to fix. Instead, Dan offered to replace the effected parts and Abby followed up with me a few days later to ensure things went well.

If you have any questions about your TST system, and you can't find a solution here or through your own efforts. I highly encourage you to contact Dan or Abby directly. It's refreshing to find a company that not only stands behind thier product but knows what customer service is all about. It dosn't hurt that they're both personable to boot!

Thumbs up to TST for all they do.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #363

I met Abby at the Phx Rally. Very knowledgeable and willing to help with their products.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #364

I left a phone message Saturday with TST ( office closed). Dan phoned me while he was en-route to the airport to meet his flight to help me with a non-working 510 transmitter. He walked me through several diagnostic procedures, which resulted in the determination it must be replaced (will be 2 years old the end of June). I am to phone Abby Monday morning to request a replacement by priority mail. To expedite the replacement, Abby will ship me one transmitter immediately. I will then ship the non-working transmitter back the same day the new one arrives.
That is what customer service is about.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote