Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #379
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Beller View Post
Bought a 507 system with 10 sensors, 6 for the moho and 4 for the toad. Put on all the sensors and started out on my 6 week, 4000 mile trip. All the sensors were working fine for the first few hours and then they started dropping off of the monitor and I got that irritating beeping. There were 3 sensors that took turns dropping off at various times and at one point all 3 were off at the same time. One was the front driver tire RIGHT UNDER ME!!!! One was the inside dually on the passenger side and the other was one of the front tires on the toad. The coach is 40' long and the toad is a CRV. I am going to install a repeater and put it in the back of the coach to help with the toad signals and see if this helps any.

I installed the sensors and programmed them as instructed. I have the flow thru sensors so when I put them on the tires as soon as I got a reading on the monitor I gave them another 1/2 turn to make sure they were on good and then tightened up the set screw.

Has anyone else had a problem with these sensors randomly dropping off of the monitor?? Every day when I start out on my trip for that day, all of the sensors are reading on the monitor. Yesterday I only had problems with one sensor, not all 3.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello Sir,

We apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your system.

Our flow through sensors are a new product offering, and to date, they have been performing well.

Please give us a call on Monday so that we may troubleshoot your system with you.

Occasionally, there are some circumstances (though completely curable) that could be impacting your system performance.

Please know that we do take these matters EXTREMELY seriously and we will get your system functioning correctly.

I have personally been traveling for the last two weeks and have not been as involved in the forum as I normally am, and for that, I do apologize.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we may resolve your issues and render your system 100% operational.

You may reach me at (770) 889-9102 or you may email me at dcovington@tsttruck.com.

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience and aggravation, however, I am confident we can and will make this right.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
President
Truck System Technologies, Inc

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #380
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
When I ordered my 507 system, I had to ship my old Hella TC-400 system to them for a 20% discount. I shipped it to their previous address at Old Dawson Village Rd, which I found by going to "Shop Online", then "Contact Us". A week later, I didn't have my new 507 system, but I did get a package that said: "No Such Business". I called Abby and explained what happened. She took my word for it that my TC-400 was back in the mail to the correct address and went ahead and shipped my my 507 system. Now, that's customer service.

BTW Dan, the address is still wrong.
Sir,

Thank you again for pointing this out to me again.. I will go through the website again on Monday and find and correct the mistake.

I am sorry that the old address remains on the site. I thought we had completely removed it but there appears to be one page that still shows it.

I will get the matter quickly resolved as it is not our desire to create confusion or difficulty for our customers.

Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention and thank you for being one of our customers.

Sincerely,

Dan Covington
TST

Old 06-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #381
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
So Dan, what is the correct return Address? I have my old 510 ready to ship to you guys.

I plan to ship to:
TST Technologies
4250 Keith Bridge Road
Suite 130
Cumming, GA 30041
Sir,

You may ship to that address and it will reach us, however, the preferred address is:

Truck System Technologies, Inc
4250 Keith Bridge Rd
Suite 200
Cumming, GA 30041

Thank you Sir!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 06-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #382
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
As I understand the transmitters only transmitt every five minutes......Unless it starts leaking or alarms. So it depends on how you hit the transmission cycle. Transmission is not continuous.
Hello Sir,

The sensors transmit under normal "status quo" non-air loss events every 2 minutes.

With that being said, it can take 5-10 minutes for all of your sensors to report.

If you are experiencing longer times than that with 10 or fewer sensors, please contact us as we may need to spend a few moments with you troubleshooting your unit.

Please feel free to contact us at (770) 889-9102 or you may email me personally at dcovington@tsttruck.com and I am happy to make this right/

Please know that I too am an RVer and enjoy and appreciate the lifestyle.

Please let me hear from you soon so that we can ensure your system is functioning correctly.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 06-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #383

Dan, you already replied to my post back on post #369.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #384
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
I have heard of similiar problems like this so check the valve stems in each tire. If they are not level with the top of the stem then the sensor may not read the pressures all the time. It may be erratic. Sometimes techs think it better to overtighted the cores. It is not. sometimes the cores are bent.

As far as installing the sensor I turn the sensor and go about an eighth pass the Hiss point. Use the "blue" torque seal on the stem when installing the sensor. (Per Dans suggestion)

For now I am betting the valve cores are in too tight and you can tell from inspection since they will look like they are recessed in the stem. If you find this, replace the valve cores and retest. On my new back tires they were screwed in so hard that I could not fill the tire with air up to my desired pressures. I replace all of them corrrectly.

Good luck. Call TST if this is not the problem
Sir,

I might add that this is a very sound suggestion. I was on the phone with a new customer who was having erratic and inaccurate PSI readings.

We spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting his system, and finally, I convinced him to get his valve core wrench (which they sell at AutoZone) and similar auto supply stores for about $2.00

This particular customer, after much convincing, loosened his valve cores approximately one revolution thus raising the shrader valve about 1 millimeter.

If the valve cores are recessed within the valve core, the sensor will not fully depress them. If that is the case, the sensor will not fully depress the shrader valve which will skew the airflow into the sensor causing erratic and even inaccurate readings.

This issue is not specific to just our system, but any external tire pressure monitoring system.

Also, if the shrader valve is bent, it will not fit into the brass hole in the middle of the sensor and it will cause the shrader valve to close, here again, causing the sensor to lose pressure and cease to read.

We are here to help. We take our product performance, as well as, our customer service and support very seriously.

Please contact us so that we may resolve these issues and tender the system performance we promise.

You can reach me at dcovington@tsttruck.com or you may phone me at (770) 889-9102.

Thank you sir, and again, I have been traveling for the last two weeks so I apologize for any delay in replying to you.

Sincerely,

Dan Covington
President
TST
Old 06-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #385
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
What I experienced is completely different, than when it's waiting on info from the sensors. What it did, was show everything the display was capable of and it showed like that, for 20 minutes. We're camping semi-locally this weekend and the monitor didn't start working until we were almost at our destination.
Hello Sir,

Please give us a call as you should not be experiencing this kind of delay when receiving information.

I some diagnostic questions to ask in order to solve this issue and get your system functioning correctly.

Please give us a call at (770) 889-9102 so that we may get to the bottom of the issue.

You may also email me at dcovington@tsttruck.com as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and please know that we will make this right. This is not typcial of our system performance and we are eager to make this right.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #386
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
What most people fail to realize is that there is this thing called "Infant Mortality".

If a unit is going to fail, it will do so early in it's life.

Once it gets past that, it's more likely to work for a long time.
Thank you Sir,

This is an excellent point.. These are electronic devices, and if there is a problem, it will rear its ugly head early on.

Once we identify a malfunctioning component, and promptly replace it, you can expect long and enduring performance from your system.

Please know that we do take our product performance, as well as, the service you receive from us very seriously.

Contact us anytime at (770) 889-9102 or you may email me at dcovington@tsttruck.com and we are eager to help.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #387
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Dan, you already replied to my post back on post #369.
I do not mean to be redundant... I have been traveling for over two weeks between my daughters graduation, the Great West Truck Show, and meeting with corporate clients.

I would rather over reply than under....

Thank you kind sir!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #388
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After almost two years and about 11,000 miles , my driver front sensor died. It's the 510 system so I need to send it back to TST for replacement. Abby was kind enough to send one out to my next stop ( traveling in Ut. ) and I will return this one. That's what I call customer service. Thank you Abby and TST.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #389

Well I guess I could say something bad about my TST 507 because it did not work properly on my first trip after having it for a week. Was loosing different tire readings. then finally the monitor antennae broke, BUT I won't complaint because of the great customer service Abby gave me not big argument that you are at fault just asked for the address to send out a new unit and for me to send the old one back. it worked for about the first 100 miles and I loved the ability to monitor the tire temp and pressure, I had a blow out a couple of trips ago and that is something I do not want to deal with again. I was able to repair all the damage and it is not possible to see the effects of the blow out. All new tires and want to know when I have a issue our no if one is eminent. Thanks to Abby
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #390

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cliff:

Traveling in UT???, you should be traveling in Indiana to make it to the rally. We're going to miss seeing you guys
Safe travel

RonK.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #391
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK
Cliff:

Traveling in UT???, you should be traveling in Indiana to make it to the rally. We're going to miss seeing you guys
Safe travel

RonK.
You'll have to find someone else on the dance floor to post a photo of . Have a great time.
Ps
I've already reserved for the Jan rally and LD's new years eve party.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #392

Are you kidding me a vendor that participates and responds not sure I will buy the product but looking at it right now and most likely will. Good for you and your company!