Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Your post referenced the tool for rethreading the stem- that's what I bought at Menards for less than $2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
O'Reillys - $1.89. Now watch, I'll find mine.
You won't frigging believe this, but I just found my valve stem tool in the most unlikely spot. I have a tomato sauce can that I keep stainless steel nuts and bolts in. I needed a SS nut for my home built Genturi and sure enough it was in the can. I would have never of thought to look there. I'll put a yet undecided one in my motor home tool box.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

You won't frigging believe this, but I just found my valve stem tool in the most unlikely spot. I have a tomato sauce can that I keep stainless steel nuts and bolts in. I needed a SS nut for my home built Genturi and sure enough it was in the can. I would have never of thought to look there. I'll put a yet undecided one in my motor home tool box.
So in other words you put it where you would not forget it at the time? I really hate when I do that.

It has probably been discussed but can someone update me on the use of the in tire units? I have the posted truck and trailer and a second trailer I use locally. Is there less overall hassle with the in tire units or is general consensus just to get the screw on?
Thank you, Bill

Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
So in other words you put it where you would not forget it at the time? I really hate when I do that.
I usually store it on a cow magnet on the underside of my tool box lid. There is no rime or reason for me to put it in the SS bolt can. It's an 8 oz can with a spray can top for a lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
It has probably been discussed but can someone update me on the use of the in tire units? I have the posted truck and trailer and a second trailer I use locally. Is there less overall hassle with the in tire units or is general consensus just to get the screw on?
Thank you, Bill
I wouldn't bother with sensors on the second trailer. If it is just used on surface streets, it won't do as much damage as it would on a freeway.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #438

So is it worth getting the in the tire stem units or just the screw on sensors?
TY
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #439

I like the screw on because I can change the batteries and if the sensor goes bad, I don't have to have the tire broken down to replace it.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #440
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhill View Post
Bought a 507 system about 2 months ago and have never had all sensors responding at once.....sometimes takes 30 minutes to show display on rear wheels and will stop working enroute which triggers an alarm. I removed the sensors and threw them in my toolbox, waste of money for me.....Glad to see many others have good service from their systems, just snake bit I guess.
Hello Sir,

We apologize for all the issues you are experiencing with your system.

We take our system performance, as well as, our customer care very seriously.

In a forum such as this, it is impossible for me to know who you are.

We want to make this right and I ask that you please contact me at:

dcovington@tsttruck.com or via telephone at (770) 889-9102 so that we can resolve your issues.

Sincerely,

Dan Covington
President
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 07-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #441

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

I usually store it on a cow magnet on the underside of my tool box lid. .
How do you keep a cow under the lid of your tool box and where does one get said cow magnet? The price of beef is going up and I could use a good cow magnet!
Does it also provide milk?
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #442

I believe cow magnets only attract the cows. It won't milk them for you.

And the best part, cows rarely have tire failures, so the TPMS is quite unnecessary.

Pop
Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #443

I'm going to type this real slow as I know some of you can not read real fast. A cow magnet is about 3 inches long and about one half inch square. Dairy farmers somehow insert it into cows stomachs. Maybe they coat it with peanut butter to get the cows to swallow them. The purpose is to attract any bailing wire or nails stupid cows like to swallow. In doing so, metal does not go into the cows intestines and do damage. Was that slow enough?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #444

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I'm going to type this real slow as I know some of you can not read real fast. A cow magnet is about 3 inches long and about one half inch square. Dairy farmers somehow insert it into cows stomachs. Maybe they coat it with peanut butter to get the cows to swallow them. The purpose is to attract any bailing wire or nails stupid cows like to swallow. In doing so, metal does not go into the cows intestines and do damage. Was that slow enough?
Which stomach? They have more than one. Let's see a picture and by the way, what are you doing with a cow magnet?
You know that Cliff is a Dingo magnet!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #445

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhill View Post
Bought a 507 system about 2 months ago and have never had all sensors responding at once.....sometimes takes 30 minutes to show display on rear wheels and will stop working enroute which triggers an alarm. I removed the sensors and threw them in my toolbox, waste of money for me.....Glad to see many others have good service from their systems, just snake bit I guess.
With our DSDP we (and others) have had problems with Pressure Pro senders on the rear axle. Seems Newmar adds extra bracing and it blocks the signals. Might have the same problem with the TST unit.
Have you tried the wired in repeater unit? Contact Dan and get it taken care of!

I used to be a Pressure Pro distributor/dealer so I do have a little knowledge of what may be the problem.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #446

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The interesting things we learn here.
To stay on topic, Dan would a cow magnet disrupt TPMS readings?
My 507's are still working great after 2 years (original batteries).
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #447

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
[quote="
To stay on topic, dan would a cow magnet disrupt tpms readings?.[/quote]

nice!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #448

What line was Ron in when they were handing out common sense . Common sense would tell a person that the first stomach would be a logical place to catch foreign steel objects from further ingestion into the second and third stomach. Besides that how would they even get a magnet into the other stomaches?

He**, I have no real idea how all that works. I'm just guessing. My late neighbor worked at a dairy farm and gave me the magnet(s).

Don't even get a magnet near my TST sensors.