Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #533

It should still show the position with blanks for press and temp.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalt View Post
Each sensors xmits the pressure/temp info on itís own schedule as long as it is on the tire valve (even when the monitor is off).
If you remove the sensor from the tire it stops xmitting (to save on the battery if not in use for a long time).
When you turn the monitor on, just leave it alone and all sensors should be reporting within about 5 min.
So, if one happens to transmit 30 sec after you power on the monitor, that tireís reading will show up on the next scan cycle.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #535

Oh... and it beeps when it doesn't see any pressure, from a position, on initial boot-up.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #536

Are the systems on sale anywhere, or are they going to be? I have limited funds, as a government employee. However, my Fuzion and F250 need the setup!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #537
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
Are the systems on sale anywhere, or are they going to be? I have limited funds, as a government employee. However, my Fuzion and F250 need the setup!
TST takes systems in on trade for newer models. Maybe they recondition them and resell them at a discount. You might call them.
Good luck
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #538
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
You can purchase the system directly from the manufacturer, TST Systems. Going forward you will also receive the best support as a direct buyer in the event you need a little help. They are located in Cumming, GA. When you call just let them know that you saw the discussion on iRV2.com.

http://www.tsttruck.com/
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #539

I need to buy one of these systems too very soon. With the toad, 14 wheels. $$$$
Maybe they will take my pressure pro in on trade?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #540

I believe Dan Covington(owner) told they reverse engineer the trade-ins to help make their product better.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #541

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
You can purchase the system directly from the manufacturer, TST Systems. Going forward you will also receive the best support as a direct buyer in the event you need a little help. They are located in Cumming, GA. When you call just let them know that you saw the discussion on iRV2.com.

http://www.tsttruck.com/
This is an important point - you want to buy direct from TST.
If you buy from ebay/etc. to save a couple bucks you are buying items that people buy during sales and then re-sell via these sites. You can't expect TST to go out of their way for service if you have problems, but didn't buy from them.
P.S. I'm a happy TST 507 customer of 3 years - I'm not with the TST company.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #542

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Check to see if they will be represented at an RV rally near you. They sometimes offer rally prices. I bought the original receiver and 4 507 sensors for the 5er by mail from TST. A few months later they were at the 2011 iRV2 National Rally in VA and had very favorable rally pricing at that time so I bought six more sensors for the truck. They were also at the 2012 rally in TN and still offering a rally discount but not quite as good as the previous year. The rep was out of sensors when I bought but he had them next-day shipped so I got them while we were still at the rally.

If ordering again, I would stick to getting them directly from TST, either by mail or at a rally, as their customer service seems to be outstanding.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #543

We have been using our TST for over 3 years and agree with the rest that it is a great system. I do disagree that you have to purchase directly from TST. Any product the company sells comes with a warranty and that warranty is dealt with fairly be it from eBay or one of their dealers. The dealers are the 1st line in taking care of customers. If it is something beyond their power then TST is involved. Hugs, Di
As
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalt View Post
This is an important point - you want to buy direct from TST.
If you buy from ebay/etc. to save a couple bucks you are buying items that people buy during sales and then re-sell via these sites. You can't expect TST to go out of their way for service if you have problems, but didn't buy from them.
P.S. I'm a happy TST 507 customer of 3 years - I'm not with the TST company.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #544

You might try checking the pricing of TST the Diamond Dealers on the TST websites. Hugs, Di
Quote:
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #545
edj

510 monitor battery died

I have a TST 510 that the monitor battery has died. It is out of warranty so I thought I would just open it up and get a new battery from Batteries Plus to get me back working again. It was easy to open up the monitor case and disconnect the battery from the circuit board. After a little push/pull, the battery came out. It was stuck to the plastic case with some double sided tape. So far, so good....

Now the problem..... There is no printing on the outside of the battery. The battery colored blue, it is a cylinder, about 2.5 inches by .75 inch. There is a short two conductor cable coming out of the end that connects to the circuit board. But, with nothing printed on the battery, I am at a loss what battery to buy. There is nothing in the users manual as to what type battery it is.

Dan, please let me know the battery type or number you use. I hesitate to just show the battery to the counter guy at the store and take his best guess.....
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #546
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's a first that I've heard of. I sent
mine

back and for $25 got a new one. Not bad seeing they last 3-5 years. The 507 wasn't available when I got mine.
Cliff
Edit.
Oops. I didn't see monitor. I thought you were referring to the sensors.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote