Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #547

Fleetwood Owners Club
Edj
Quite certain they are using nickel metal hydrid batteries. You should be able to tell the number of cells by looking at the depressions in the shrink wrap. In all likely hood a 2 cell pack but might be 4 cells. Batteries plus should be able to come up with a replacement as they will be able to cut the pack apart, verify the number of cells and wield you up a replacement.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #548
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Edj
Quite certain they are using nickel metal hydrid batteries. You should be able to tell the number of cells by looking at the depressions in the shrink wrap. In all likely hood a 2 cell pack but might be 4 cells. Batteries plus should be able to come up with a replacement as they will be able to cut the pack apart, verify the number of cells and wield you up a replacement.
According to the 510 user manual, the battery is 'Lithium Rechargable battery'. I do not see any marks/depressions or anything else on the outside except the black' shields on the side that was facing the circuit board. Here is a photo of the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	510 TPMS battery.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	33933  

Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #549

Monaco Owners Club
I see many people have this system. I'm looking into getting a system now. Would you buy the TST system again or a different one? I see TST now has new sensors that you can add air without removing the sensor.
I have read threads about people cutting their valve stems to remove the sensors. Anyone know what that is about.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Rick
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #550
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The dialogue between that member and TST is in this thread . I haven't heard of anyone else having to cut off the valve stems. I've had mine three years and they have been on and off the stems at least three times. I would buy them again. Great product backed by a great Co. IMO
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #551
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
I have a TST 510 that the monitor battery has died. It is out of warranty so I thought I would just open it up and get a new battery from Batteries Plus to get me back working again. It was easy to open up the monitor case and disconnect the battery from the circuit board. After a little push/pull, the battery came out. It was stuck to the plastic case with some double sided tape. So far, so good....

Now the problem..... There is no printing on the outside of the battery. The battery colored blue, it is a cylinder, about 2.5 inches by .75 inch. There is a short two conductor cable coming out of the end that connects to the circuit board. But, with nothing printed on the battery, I am at a loss what battery to buy. There is nothing in the users manual as to what type battery it is.

Dan, please let me know the battery type or number you use. I hesitate to just show the battery to the counter guy at the store and take his best guess.....
Does Dan Covington still monitor this forum? It has been more than a week and I have not heard a word about my query yet.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #552
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
He posted the other day about the birth of a grandchild. I guess he was busy. you might get a faster answer by going directly to his website / telephone.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #553

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
I see many people have this system. I'm looking into getting a system now. Would you buy the TST system again or a different one? I see TST now has new sensors that you can add air without removing the sensor.
I have read threads about people cutting their valve stems to remove the sensors. Anyone know what that is about.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Rick
I have had the TST system on my Motor Home since before TST took over the sale of these great systems. I was one of a few who first bought this system from a Company in Colorado. Many never received their systems from that Company. Some of us original buyers had a few sensors from the previous company that had problems. This is where TST stepped in and became the Distributor. I received an email from the Manufacturer asking how many of the sensors I was having a problem with and shortly thereafter I received new sensors from TST, they actually covered me even though I had not bought the original system through them. The system has been on my motorhome and toad since I've had them and that would be about a year before TST came into the picture.
Are they good? I'm very happy with them. I finally had to replace my 510 System a year ago, the batteries finally bit the dust. I now run the 507 System and am just now replacing the batteries. BTW, I found the CR1632 batteries on Amazon for $5.45 a 5 pack, so for 10.90 I now have 10 new batteries. Anyway, IMHO, if you want a TPMS that you can depend on go with TST, the customer service is great.
As far as ever having to cut my tire stem valves to remove a sensor I have never had to do that. I can't help but wonder what that person may have used to secure the sensors on his threads. My 510 system was on from before TST came into the picture until last March and the tires have been below 20 degrees in the winter and high temps,112 degrees in Barstow, CA in the summer. Never had a need to cut the sensors off.

If you have any other concerns/questions PM me, be glad to try to answer.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #554

This is where I get the CR1632s for my 507 system. He's actually in the Phx metropolitan area, so I usually get them the next day.

5 CR1632 BR1632 LITH34 DL1632 KCR1632 Lithium Cell 3 Volt Battery USA US SHIP | eBay
Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #555

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I would and have bought from TST again. Bought the 510 for the class C and the 507 with flow through sensors for the class A.

The customer service provided by TST is truly 2nd to none. It is impossible to adequately describe their dedication to customer service.

In the 3 years I have had TST sensors I have never had one seize to the valve stem. I don't use any anti-seize either.

I have seen where those that tried a thread locker compound like Loctite have had to cut their sensors off.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #556

National RV Owners Club
I forgot to mention that the CR1632 batteries I bought on Amazon for 10.90 for all 10, included shipping, were Energizer's 3V lithium
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #557
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had my TST 510 system for 3 years and I Have never had a sensor seize either. I do remove mine every winter to save on the batteries. I am sold on the TST system.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 03-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #558

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your opinions and experiences with TST. I'm buying my 507 system. I appreciate the feed back.
Rick
Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
Does Dan Covington still monitor this forum? It has been more than a week and I have not heard a word about my query yet.
Good afternoon everyone!

Thank you all for your comments. With regard to replacing the rechargeable monitor battery, if you will contact us, we are happy to send you a replacement battery for your monitor.

I have been out of town for a little while welcoming my new grandson into the world, and was quite pre-occupied.

Please just give us a call (770) 889-9102 or email me dcovington@tsttruck.com and we will gladly send you a replacement.

Thank you, and thank you all for the kind posts regarding my grandson's birth.

Travel in safety!

Dan Covington
TST
President
Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #560

Fleetwood Owners Club
Too many positive posts about this company and their product for me to buy any other system. Ordered mine today. Peace of mind is priceless.