Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #575

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Just installed my TST 507 system six sensors on MH and four on the toad. I must say that programing was a breeze. So far it is working just fine. I have the MH on one side of the house and I can read the pressure from the garage on the other side of house. Taking a short trip next week will see how it performs then.

Gary

doublehooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #576

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
This may be a dumb question, but here goes.

Do you put sensors on the toad tires also?
Yes, this is the main reason I searched and found this system on the internet. A friend traveling with us was supposed to be behind me but couldn't see him, turns out he blew a front drivers side tire on his Jeep and was running on steel before some good folks pulled up beside and got his attention. Rick never felt a thing pulling that Toad with a blown tire, the MH didn't notice it at all. That's when I found the TST system before it became TST.
My previous Toad had internal splitting of the tire and it would only leak air when parked in a certain position, after airing up the tire twice I finally took it in to Discount who couldn't find any leakage, so they tore it down and started spreading the tire and thats when they found where the tire was splitting.
Also, I can set my low air settings where I want them, not at where the Mfgr system has them set. One car was down to 17psi from 30psi before it came it on. Mine are set for 5psi below normal. I run these on my 2011 Honda CR-V all the time and trust them more then the factory installed ones.
BTW, I just changed out all my batteries, lasted a year, because I leave them on the tires, and it was easy to do. I changed out all the Orings as I had new ones, first one was a little hard, but they became easier as I proceeded. Total cost for new batteries===$10.90 ordered and delivered through Amazon.com.
I have four series of these sensors, the originals before TST that were hand screwed on and larger, the second generation prior to TST that were causing valve stem air leaks because they were not threaded deep enough, the third generation 510s that lasted me 5+years after Dan covered my second generation sensors under warranty, even though I didn't buy them through TST. Last year I went with the 507s after my 510s gave up. I really like that I can change out the batteries and the real plus is that I can remove the outer shell and hand install them on my front MH tires through the small hole of the wheel cover.
Finally, the best overall thing about this System is the Customer Service you receive from not only Dan and the folks back there but also from his distributors on the road. All great folks.
If I was to compare TST Customer Service to any other Company, only one comes to mind and that is Fantastic Fans. Too bad the rest of the business world doesn't do business as these two.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #577

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Valve stem leak

Having a bit of a minor problem. I took all my sensors off to get ready for a service day at the Gaffney Freightliner service center in South Carolina. One of the stems continued to leak after the sensor was off. I suspect it's a bit of dirt in the valve stem or something. It's the one facing inward (outer dual) so it's hard to get at it from the outside. I decided to put the sensor back on (which worked and stopped the leak) and just let Gaffney deal with it. I think at worst it needs a new stem. I'd do it myself if it wasn't going into Freightliner tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen or knows what the cause may be?

LOVE my system!

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #578

MY TST 507 saved my bu-- I was monitoring it for a week or so and found that the rear right tire was getting low every few days( looked good from the outside) finally removed the tire and wheel and put it in the water tank and found that the rim had what looked like a factory flaw and a weld joint and that was the cause of my first blowout before adding the TST I remove the tire and silver soldiered the flawed area inside and out and never leaks a drop since just got back from a 1000 mile trip and all was good. I did have to add the booster for odd reason to my trailer but now can read the tires 100 yards away maybe more from the trailer.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #579

Eric, i would have use a pointy object and "popped" the valve a couple of time to blow out any debris. Might have never leaked again.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #580

Ford Super Duty Owner
OK - I am convinced that I will need the sensors for my tow vehicle also. My Equinox has the factory tire sensors on them. Will these interfere with the factory ones? Also is this what I will need (see link)?

10 Tire Pressure Monitoring System - $499 - Truck System Technologies, Inc.
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #581

Probably use a different frequency to operate on.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #582

Ford Super Duty Owner
Do I take the TST sensors off when driving the car only?
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #583

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Do I take the TST sensors off when driving the car only?
Up to you, I leave mine on. The factory system on my CR-V works even if I have the TST sensors on. If you take them off it should prolong battery life.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #584

My understanding is, they go to sleep if not moving or there is zero (0) pressure (for awhile). I take mine off during the off-season.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #585

Got my 45 high performance valve stems yesterday and 4 of my 8 flo-tru sensors today. Hopefully, they don't have to take the tie all the way off to gt the new stems in. They did when I had some Hella-4000 internal sensors. First in order it to put them on my 20' enclosed. I can already see that they won't stick out too far.

Dan, a quick look indicates that maybe, just maybe the use of a 45 stem on the steer wheel will work with the flo-tru sensos and not hit the beauty ring. I bought two extra, so maybe...
Old 03-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #586

Forgot to add this picture. Wrote it up, but fone rang and got busy with something else. Although the flo-thru sensor is longer, it doesn't stick out any more than does a standard one on my truck. I don't think I will need the 45* valved stems.

But I think by using a 45* on the steer wheels, I may be able to get a flo-thru to work there also.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #587

Steer Wheel TST Sensors

Used some of my 12 ton press to convince a 45 heavy duty valve stem, that it only wanted to be 40s. On some class "A" MHs, it won't fit with the stock valve stem unless you cut and hack the beauty ring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flo-Thru TST.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	35702  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #588

Ford Super Duty Owner
A little over 2 years ago I ordered the 507 system but it was back ordered and Dan couldn't tell me how long it would be before they would be in from China. He convinced me to take the 510 system which worked fine for 2 years. Soon after the warrantee ran out the sensor batteries (supposed to last 5 yrs) started dying. I called Dan and explained that I wasn't a happy camper with only 2 yrs on the 510 system. He understood and asked me if getting the 507 system at no charge would make me happy. What customer service!!!!
I'm a happy camper again!

pkunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote