Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #631
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyJoe View Post
This is my first post, having joined iRV2 because of this thread

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #632

Thanks Krautkamper. I will likely just get the regular screw-on monitors and remove them before launching.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #633

Hi Robby Joe, The one question you have that I would like to address is which unit you would like to purchase for your trailerable houseboat.
I cannot speak for the internal sensors but I have not personally know of anyone loosing a FT sensor by going thru brush, etc. BUT it possibly could happen.
I hopes this helps you a bit with your decision. Di

The 510 sensor which is a sealed system is the only sensor that should be used for anything launching into water. That is one reason TST has the 2 systems. The 507 or 507 Flow Thru do have another "sensor" casing inside the original sensor is so that it will be able to withstand going thru puddles, a rain storm or things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyJoe View Post
This is my first post, having joined iRV2 because of this thread, and I just reread all 626 posts and info on the TST systems from other sites. Iím about to order a setup for my Dodge dually towing a trailerable houseboat on a 40í gooseneck trailer. The houseboat functions like any other RV when on the road on the trailer.

Several members have posted favorably about the 507 flow-through sensors, but I have concerns about the screw-on flow-throughs projecting beyond the side of the tire. In a thread on another RV site: RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: New TST Flow Thru Pressure Sensors the poster relates that a sensor caught some brush while backing up and the valve stem broke off. He was now trying to use a 90 degree valve extender to keep it closer to the tire, but this seems fraught with potential problems. My trailerís metal valve stems project horizontally, just like in his picture.

For this reason and the fact that my trailer could be parked in some lonely spots when Iím on the water, with theft a greater possibility, Iím considering the internal flow-through sensors for it. I have several concerns about the practicality of those, however.

Beyond the potential of a malfunctioning sensor requiring dismounting the tire, or premature battery failure, there is the question of how to switch the sensors at the end of their expected 5-year battery life. The trailer would have to be up on jacks with the tires broken down and the sensors sent to TST. Does anyone have experience with the life of these internal batteries or know the turnaround time to TST for replacement?

One wonders why, if the 507 user replaceable battery was such a breakthrough, the long-lasting battery on the internal sensor canít also be user replaceable. Does anyone have info on the ďmilitary gradeĒ battery on the 510 or 507 internal sensor? Iíd appreciate your thoughts.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #634

Ford Super Duty Owner
From Happy to Fuss to Cuss to happy again

BIG TIP/HINT
Things change.
Bought six sensor TST system for our new coach over three years ago. One sensor died and was replaced by TST under wty. Replacement did not work. Since RV sitting at home most of the time - forgot about it. Time to get ready for 5-6 month trip and now four sensors not working. Decided to order six with new batteries since they were always on RV and over three years old. Three of the replacement TST refurbs didn't work ?????
It finally dawned on me that there were a lot of changes to the dash since TST installed. New side camera monitor on one side on TST display and information display on the the other side plus some other nearby stuff like GPS, vehicle tracker, dash cam and rear view monitor. Gee maybe added gizmos interfering with RF signal to the stubby TST antenna. Found original antenna extension and temp hung by window. Bingo! all sensors reporting just like new. So if sensors start dropping out - don't always blame TST.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #635
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
BIG TIP/HINT
Things change.
Gee maybe added gizmos interfering with RF signal to the stubby TST antenna. Found original antenna extension and temp hung by window. Bingo! all sensors reporting just like new. So if sensors start dropping out - don't always blame TST.
Interesting, thank you for the update.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #636
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
BIG TIP/HINT
Things change.
Bought six sensor TST system for our new coach over three years ago. One sensor died and was replaced by TST under wty. Replacement did not work. Since RV sitting at home most of the time - forgot about it. Time to get ready for 5-6 month trip and now four sensors not working. Decided to order six with new batteries since they were always on RV and over three years old. Three of the replacement TST refurbs didn't work ?????
It finally dawned on me that there were a lot of changes to the dash since TST installed. New side camera monitor on one side on TST display and information display on the the other side plus some other nearby stuff like GPS, vehicle tracker, dash cam and rear view monitor. Gee maybe added gizmos interfering with RF signal to the stubby TST antenna. Found original antenna extension and temp hung by window. Bingo! all sensors reporting just like new. So if sensors start dropping out - don't always blame TST.
Hello All,

Thank you all for your input and the exchange of experiences. It is truly a pleasure to play a role in keeping fellow campers safe.

I have also had the pleasure of learning a great deal from our wise and experienced traveling customers as I too am an RVer.

In replying to this post, depending upon the amount of RF devices in close proximity to the monitor, it can hamper reception. This is a very good post and again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We do have an echo device, or repeater which will restore signal or a long antenna which will do the same.

These challenges will typify any TPMS aftermarket provider, and I just want our patrons to rest assured, there are solutions and we continue to stand behind our products.

Travel in safety and thank you all again.

Dan Covington
President / CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 06-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #637

Monaco Owners Club
I put my 507 on in March. I have driven 4k miles since then.
I check my tires manually before every trip. The TTS is a monitor, not an air gauge. It's great to monitor pressure changes. They can be off 2 or 3 pounds. So a manual check is a good thing.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #638

TST 507 concerns

Just received my 507 system and I have already found some issue. A few may be just my lack of knowledge but here is what I have encountered so far:

1) Using the cable supplied for a 12v source, the unit does not turn off. If I pull the plug it goes off but when plugged in again comes on. Switch on side does not control power

2) The plug for the power does not go all the way into the unit. It works at the depth it can go in but seeing half the plug stick out seems to be poor engineering design to me.

3) At least 3 of the sensors are alerting that my pressure is low. The difference is over 10 pounds from the tire gauge.

4) The unit I received did not appear to be new as there were small but obvious scratches on the face.

I bought this unit based on reviews and features. At this point, I am concerned that I may have made a bad decision. I emailed TST on Saturday and will look forward to their response.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #639

1) & 2) are normal. With it un-plugged, the switch will turn it on/off.
3) Try removing and re-installing and maybe re-programming the sensors.
Set the pressure ranger per the instructions.
Did you remove the thin plastic cover on the monitor? They do scratch easily, even with it off.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #640
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch & Diana Irrgang View Post
Hi Robby Joe, The one question you have that I would like to address is which unit you would like to purchase for your trailerable houseboat.
I cannot speak for the internal sensors but I have not personally know of anyone loosing a FT sensor by going thru brush, etc. BUT it possibly could happen.
I hopes this helps you a bit with your decision. Di

The 510 sensor which is a sealed system is the only sensor that should be used for anything launching into water. That is one reason TST has the 2 systems. The 507 or 507 Flow Thru do have another "sensor" casing inside the original sensor is so that it will be able to withstand going thru puddles, a rain storm or things like that.
Hello All,

The sensor that you reference in your post that broke off was likely our flow through sensor which is 2 inches in length and can protrude beyond the tire side wall which is why we have customers call in to order this system.

We want to make sure the rim depth will accommodate the sensor without a curbing risk.

Our 510 sensor is self contained, and the sensor contains a metal, sealed, cylinder within the casing itself. This system is our first system to market, and it remains popular with boaters, truckers, and RVers alike.

Our 507 system uses CR1632 batteries, and it is a favored system with RV owners. The battery life expectancy is one year and you change these batteries yourself. The flow through sensors will allow you to add air through the sensor without removing them.

Our internal sensors feature a seven year battery, and they are in use with truckers, RVs, and even some light trucks. These sensors use our 507 display.

Please give us a call and we will be happy to help you locate the correct system for your application.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
President
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #641
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoor View Post
Just received my 507 system and I have already found some issue. A few may be just my lack of knowledge but here is what I have encountered so far:

1) Using the cable supplied for a 12v source, the unit does not turn off. If I pull the plug it goes off but when plugged in again comes on. Switch on side does not control power

2) The plug for the power does not go all the way into the unit. It works at the depth it can go in but seeing half the plug stick out seems to be poor engineering design to me.

3) At least 3 of the sensors are alerting that my pressure is low. The difference is over 10 pounds from the tire gauge.

4) The unit I received did not appear to be new as there were small but obvious scratches on the face.

I bought this unit based on reviews and features. At this point, I am concerned that I may have made a bad decision. I emailed TST on Saturday and will look forward to their response.
Good afternoon Sir,

We have looked for your email and have not been able to locate it. Therefore, I will answer you here.

With regard to the readings not reflecting the same as your gauge, it could be a couple of different things. Are you using a stick gauge? Those are not terribly accurate. Another solution would be to tighten your sensors another rotation or two. They simply may not be fully depressing your valve core allowing a full release of air into the sensor causing a skew in your readings.

With regard to the display, we use a scratch cover that is about 2 millimeters thick. You have to dig it up from the corner. The scratch guard is very waxy and can create the illusion of scratches if not removed. Please double check that you have removed the guard. Upon removal, you should see a pristine screen.

With regard to your power cord issue, it may be that we made a mistake and sent you a power cord for one of our other systems.

Please contact me personally so that we can get all of this straightened out and have you reliably moving with your system.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
President
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Good afternoon Sir,

We have looked for your email and have not been able to locate it. Therefore, I will answer you here.

With regard to the readings not reflecting the same as your gauge, it could be a couple of different things. Are you using a stick gauge? Those are not terribly accurate. Another solution would be to tighten your sensors another rotation or two. They simply may not be fully depressing your valve core allowing a full release of air into the sensor causing a skew in your readings.

With regard to the display, we use a scratch cover that is about 2 millimeters thick. You have to dig it up from the corner. The scratch guard is very waxy and can create the illusion of scratches if not removed. Please double check that you have removed the guard. Upon removal, you should see a pristine screen.

With regard to your power cord issue, it may be that we made a mistake and sent you a power cord for one of our other systems.

Please contact me personally so that we can get all of this straightened out and have you reliably moving with your system.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
President
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Dan,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will try the suggestions you have made here and report back. We can discuss the power cord once I have tried the other suggestions.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #643

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I would like to point out to readers that Pressure Pro is, at this time, the only TPMS that works with the SilverLeaf system if anyone should be looking to
upgrade. I am very satisfied with Pressure Pro.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #644
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoor View Post
Dan,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will try the suggestions you have made here and report back. We can discuss the power cord once I have tried the other suggestions.

Thanks
Good afternoon Sir,

I am out of the office today and tomorrow on business travel. It would work best for me if we can talk Thursday.

If you are preparing for a trip, Abby Crump in our office can expedite and assist with the cord if need be so you are not waiting.

We are here to help and we take these matters extremely seriously.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get your system working correctly.

Travel in safety!

Dan Covington
President
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102