Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #645

And I send a big thanks to Abby Crump.

I sent an e-mail detailing what my system was doing, droping sensor signals. Abby knew what my problem was, an old model repeater that did not work well with the 507 system. As soon as she received my old repeater she mailed one that is working well.

Thanks Abby for such great service.

Safe Travels.

JD

Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
And I send a big thanks to Abby Crump.

I sent an e-mail detailing what my system was doing, droping sensor signals. Abby knew what my problem was, an old model repeater that did not work well with the 507 system. As soon as she received my old repeater she mailed one that is working well.

Thanks Abby for such great service.

Safe Travels.

JD
If you fill your tires to 85 and in a few days they go to 82 cold but still go over the 85 when heated up, do I need to add air?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post

Good afternoon Sir,

I am out of the office today and tomorrow on business travel. It would work best for me if we can talk Thursday.

If you are preparing for a trip, Abby Crump in our office can expedite and assist with the cord if need be so you are not waiting.

We are here to help and we take these matters extremely seriously.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get your system working correctly.

Travel in safety!

Dan Covington
President
Truck System Technologies, Inc
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Dan

I have your 510 system and I exchanged the pass-thru sensors for the regular ones because they would not fit through the holes on the wheels. Then I got smart and bought valve extenders which could use the pass through. Live and learn as a newbie I guess. My question is; if I air up my tires to 85 lbs. as recommended, and they go to 81 cold in a few days but still go over the 85 when hot, do I need to add air?

Thanks much, Stormy 1
Old 06-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMY 1 View Post
If you fill your tires to 85 and in a few days they go to 82 cold but still go over the 85 when heated up, do I need to add air?
For me, I try to keep my tires at 85 PSI. That is the pressure recommended by my coach manufacturer. But the load tables, put out by my tire manufacturer, says I can safely go down to 80 PSI with the weight being carried on each corner of my RV. Knowing this I don't worry till my pressure is below 80 PSI.
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post

For me, I try to keep my tires at 85 PSI. That is the pressure recommended by my coach manufacturer. But the load tables, put out by my tire manufacturer, says I can safely go down to 80 PSI with the weight being carried on each corner of my RV. Knowing this I don't worry till my pressure is below 80 PSI.
Thanks for the response. Another thing I did not consider was the difference in altitude which I guess can make a few pound difference too. We are in Fairbanks up from Seattle two weeks into five weeks up and back.
Thanks again...
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #650

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dan, I was wondering if you had a better way to secure the valve extensions. One of my supports has broken due to the increased vibration because of the weight of the 510 sensor and filling Tee. I was looking at the Alcoa site, I don't have Alcoa rims, and was thinking that the supports they sell may work, despite that I only have Stainless liners.
Your thoughts please.

Thank you,
Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #651
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMY 1 View Post
Dan

I have your 510 system and I exchanged the pass-thru sensors for the regular ones because they would not fit through the holes on the wheels. Then I got smart and bought valve extenders which could use the pass through. Live and learn as a newbie I guess. My question is; if I air up my tires to 85 lbs. as recommended, and they go to 81 cold in a few days but still go over the 85 when hot, do I need to add air?

Thanks much, Stormy 1
Hello Stormy,

Your tire PSI is sensitive to variances in temperature. You can expect to see a change in your PSI at a rate of 2 PSI per 10 degrees Fahrenheit. As the temperature climbs (while stationary), for every 10 degrees of increase, your PSI will also increase at a rate of 2 PSI.

The same holds true for drops in temperature as well.

For me, if you are parked, and you are seeing modest fluctuations in temperature and PSI, I would let it be. If you are continuing to see your PSI go down, I would suggest a soapy water test. Occasionally, the nuts will loosen on metal valve stems allowing a very gradual air loss.

Your system will alarm under gradual conditions when the PSI hits your low threshold.

I hope this is helpful and thank you for being one of our customers.

Travel in Safety!

Dan Covington
President / CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 06-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #652

Hi- our towed vehicle has "in tire" pressure monitors - will the external monitors conflict with them? Thank you for your response
Old 06-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #653

Thanks for the information Dan. Your system is working very well for me.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #654

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
I would like to point out to readers that Pressure Pro is, at this time, the only TPMS that works with the SilverLeaf system if anyone should be looking to upgrade. I am very satisfied with Pressure Pro.
The PP system set up that way would not be transferable to the towed as it's tied to the SilverLeaf.
I used to be a PP dealer/distributor and didn't bother the buy the somewhat expensive interface.
Personally I think the independent monitor panel is better overall unless your towed has it's own TPMS.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #655

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gands070386 View Post
Hi- our towed vehicle has "in tire" pressure monitors - will the external monitors conflict with them? Thank you for your response
My CR-V also has factory sensors and I have had no problem with the TST sensors conflicting with them.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #656
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have a Saturn Vue with GM sensors and there has not been any conflict with them and the TST sensors.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #657
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
08 MKX and the sensors do not interfere with each other.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #658

No issue with o our '13 SRX

spinn is offline   Reply With Quote