Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #687

[QUOTE=TST Systems;1635817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrian View Post

Good afternoon Sir,

Whenever we receive equipment in for servicing and evaluation, we put the system through some very detailed tests.

We test and evaluate all facets of the system. Please give us a call so we can get this issue resolved.

We take these matters very seriously, and without knowing your identity, we cannot even look into the records to advise you.

The problem sounds like you might be running a 507 system, and upon completion of programming, you may not be properly saving your settings.

Please give us a call or email me and we will get this corrected for you.

We apologize for the issue, and we will make this right.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
Good morning Mr. Covington,

Thank you for jumping in. As per your request, I have responded directly to you with the requested information via email.

Mcbrian

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #688

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just wanted to provide some feedback on our TST system.

After a lot of research, including talking to owners/operators who use various tire sensing systems, we went with TST. We have a 507 system, 8 through flow units on the MH and 4 regular units on the toad. Went with the regular ones for the toad because of lower weight (less impact on wheel balance) and because I only put them on when the toad is being towed.

Two months in, everything is working great - real time information to the driver makes for peace of mind. Here's a few things we discovered:

1) The signal range of the display unit covered the drive axle, but not the tag. We had a repeater installed in the rear bathroom/closet area, works just great.
2) A couple of times the unit didn't seem to "learn" a sensor, just deleted it and re-learned it. Always worked the second time.
3) There were two sensors that gave either low or suspicious reading, plus I couldn't inflate or bleed air through them. Turns out they were on the inner wheels of the drive axle, tested the TST units on another tire and they were fine. Turns out the head of the valve must be lower than the other stems, a valve stem issue, not TSTS's. I used a fine file to take a fraction of material off the end of the valve stem, bleed some air out of the tire to clear any swarf and tried again. Problem solved.
4) When not towing the toad, turn off the toad signals using the "-" and "mode" keys ... stops the system beeping at you.

In the past we've towed horse trailers ... and had our share of blow-outs. Wish we'd had TST on that rig! As I said, our experience has been great. It's the first system I power up before driving ... a quick scan and I can check tires off the check list.

Thanks!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #689

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a question that Dan or someone could provide an answer. When I purchased the 507 flow through system to replace my 507 system, I wanted to use the non-flow through 507 sensors on my jeep that we tow. If your tow vehicle already has a TPMS can you use the TST sensors on it? I read the last post where Roger did this, but he didn’t mention if his tow vehicle had a TPMS. Also on the repeater can I tap into any hot and negative line?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #690

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My Jeep does have the factory TPMS system. I just mount the TST sensors on the end of the valve stem, so essentially each wheel has two sensors - the built-in factory one and the TST one. I don't detect any interference between the two.

Nice idea to see if you could tap into the actual TPMS. I'm no expert, but I understood these are very localized sensors in close proximity of each wheel, so they can "learn" the new sensor after you change wheels around. So you would need to tap into the data bus of the vehicle and find a way to descramble the data for each specific wheel.

Hope this helps.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #691

Ford Super Duty Owner
Once in awhile our TST 510 wakes up with alarm. Power to it is off and it was powered down by holding minus button. Not fun at 2AM. What can we do?
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #692
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Once in awhile our TST 510 wakes up with alarm. Power to it is off and it was powered down by holding minus button. Not fun at 2AM. What can we do?
I turn mine off when I reach my destination and turn it on the morning I'm leaving. I will also turn it on every few days to see my pressures but turn it off when done.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #693
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
In the owner's manual it is recommended that you turn the system OFF once you're setup for camping.

Pressure will go down after the tire cools off and it may throw an alarm. That said once the sun comes up and the ambient air temperature is = to when the sensors were set, you won't get any alarms.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #694

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I turn it off when camped. Turn it on again early in preflight checks when breaking camp.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #695

I don't know the 510 system, but it sounds like ctpres is saying he can never shut his off completely.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #696
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I don't know the 510 system, but it sounds like ctpres is saying he can never shut his off completely.
You got a point there. Maybe it's plugged in to the 12v and won't shut down as it powers it up when plugged in.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #697

He said power to it is off. On a 507 system, there is an on/off slide switch on the side. If plugged in, it will not shut off. With it unplugged and turned on, it will, after a time, go to sleep.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #698

Thor Owners Club
Dan and all the folks at TST-

Just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the 507 system and your service. My order came quick and the warranty issue with the display unit was handled fast. Within three days I had the replacement unit (+ button was inoperative). I appreciate very much that you sent the replacement unit before my return, as this weekend we were out with the grand kids and having had a loose valve stem on the prior trip I felt very much reassured to know exactly what was going on with each tire. We are running a Palazzo and towing a Vibe. So ten tires in all. Great system! Thanks.

OldAero
Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #699

507 with flow through sensors

I saw on an online website that these are available now? Anyone confirm?

507RVFT 507RV 6 Tire Monitor System w Flow Thru Sensors
flapwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #700

Winnebago Owners Club
Really like our 507 system and the information it provides... pressures and temperatures. Have had issues with one sensor that stops transmitting. Called TST and were told to send it back for replacement. Mailed last week. Will let everyone know how it works out. If all goes well I'll be ordering a set for our toad!