Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #701

Winnebago Owners Club
flapwing, Call TST @ (770) 889-9102. They took my 507 order by phone and I received the in just a few days.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #702

hey emmmw.... was the 507 system with the new Flow Through sensors?

flapwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #703

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapwing View Post
hey emmmw.... was the 507 system with the new Flow Through sensors?
Yes it is. When I was ready to order I didn't see the flow through sensors so I just called them and they took the order by phone. Other than one issue with a sensor they are replacing it works great!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #704

thanks... will call Monday!
flapwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #705

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I purchased the 507 this spring with 6 flow through for the MH and 4 regular for the toad/boat trailer. Have had no issues and am pleased with the product.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #706

I got the 507 flow through sensors recently. It sure is easy to check the air pressure now on my truck and trailer.

However, the sensors restrict the flow (when adding air) compared to not having them installed. The flow resistance is highly variable, ranging from 5 PSI "back pressure" when adding air to an extreme of 100+ PSI of "back pressure".

Is there a way to adjust the sensors to modify the resistance to air flow when filling tires with air?

Details on what I call the "back pressure": I have a 12V pump that has an air pressure gauge on it. When I add air to a 65 psi tire without the flow through sensor, the pressure gauge on my pump (while pumping) reads 66 or 67 psi. With the flow through sensor in place, the gauge reads (when adding air to a tire at 65 psi) from 70psi to 150 psi.

When I pump air through the flow through sensosr with my 12V pump - with the sensors not attached to the tire - my pump gauge reads 40, 50, 55 and 110 PSI on 4 different sensors.

Ed
Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #707

Monaco Owners Club
Why not just remove them to put air in?

Problem solved.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #708
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb145 View Post
Details on what I call the "back pressure": I have a 12V pump that has an air pressure gauge on it. When I add air to a 65 psi tire without the flow through sensor, the pressure gauge on my pump (while pumping) reads 66 or 67 psi. With the flow through sensor in place, the gauge reads (when adding air to a tire at 65 psi) from 70psi to 150 psi.
Ed, Quite simply, your problem is the 12 volt pump and how many CFM it can deliver. I would suggest a 120V air compressor and I can "Guarantee" you will no longer have that problem. I have never met a 12 volt compressor that I have liked.

I carry a Sears tankless compressor and it inflates the tires through the 507 in line sensor like it's not even there.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

Problem solved.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
If you have your monitor at your side, you can watch the pressure go up/down, and know your system is working.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #710

Carolina Campers
I just bought my TST system, should arrive tomorrow.

I will use it on the way to the iRV2 rally next week and expect that it will truly provide me with some piece of mind. I already had one tire lose air due to a leaky steam. It was just lucky I found it before I had any issues, but I can imagine having a tire go empty when traveling for hundreds of miles and end up with a real issue when everything comes apart….
Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #711
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Richard, That defeats the benefits of the technology.

Truck Systems technology Provides "Easy Solution"
Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #712

Monaco Owners Club
Technology is supposed to make things easier to deal with. In the case with flow-through sensors it may not be the case.

I chose the CAP sensors since I use the Borg Dually Valve Stems all the way around the coach. It is as easy to remove the CAP sensor to increase or decrease the air in the tire as it is to remove the valve stem cap.

I guess for those people with hard to reach valve stems, the flow-through probably makes more sense but it didn't make any sense for me.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #713
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I chose the CAP sensors since I use the Borg Dually Valve Stems all the way around the coach. It is as easy to remove the CAP sensor to increase or decrease the air in the tire as it is to remove the valve stem cap.
Richard, In the case of the Model 507 FTVS, the only thing that needs to be removed to adjust the air pressure is a plastic valve cap. I am not a big fan of removing sensors to add pressure since most all of those have O rigs and I just don't like to disturb them if I don't have to. I chose to use metal valve stem extenders however they may not be necessary in all installations.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #714

I have to admit I purchased the TST 507's today based solely on this discussion forum. It's so refreshing to see so many positive comments of the TST system and the support from TST in such a public forum. :-)