Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #785

507 Flow Thrus

I plan on phoning in an order, while the deal is on, for the 507's for my 'new to me' 07 Fleetwood Southwind 32v. Have there been any fit/access issues with the Flow Thru models from the inner wheels?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
I plan on phoning in an order, while the deal is on, for the 507's for my 'new to me' 07 Fleetwood Southwind 32v. Have there been any fit/access issues with the Flow Thru models from the inner wheels?

Thanks in advance,

Ron
My rims have 2" diameter holes. The guy who sold me the 507 flow-throughs told me to use chain-nose pliers to screw them on, no need to use the lock-screw they will be out-of-sight. Well, that does not work as explained. I looked for a few minutes and discovered my hand will fit between the duals enough to install the sensors, which I did.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #787

Carolina Campers
With valve extensions I had no issues. I don't have extensions on the front rims. The 507 flow through stems fit so tight that I could not use them as flow through anyway, I plan to order a set of extensions for the front at some point.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
With valve extensions I had no issues. I don't have extensions on the front rims. The 507 flow through stems fit so tight that I could not use them as flow through anyway, I plan to order a set of extensions for the front at some point.
My fronts fit about the same, so I used 1" metal extensions after installing the sensors, which are now hidden. The extension is all one sees when walking by.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #789

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
My fronts fit about the same, so I used 1" metal extensions after installing the sensors, which are now hidden. The extension is all one sees when walking by.
Could you post a pic?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #790

This is my front one with a 45 stem that I "adjusted" to about 40.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #791

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
This is my front one with a 45 stem that I "adjusted" to about 40.
Dunner,

Thanks.

How were you able to "adjust" it? It looks good, but probably still tight to the outside of the rim.

I thought the 45% would be an issue unless adjusted, but did not know how to do it. I have the wire wrapped extensions for the back, with the leg that fits behind the insert nut to stabilize it. I thought I may need something like that for the front as well.

Ted
Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #792

I put the stem in my 12T press in a V block and straightened it a bit. A vise would work, but you have to be careful of the threads. The fake wheel comes off the easiest by pulling it straight off.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #793

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
Please let me known the outcome of your new extension. I really hate to have to get a new extension because the current ones fit perfectly through a form fitted rubber piece that molds perfectly with my alum rims. If I change the stem, that may not work.

I wonder if it is possible to use a metal hack saw and just saw off a few threads on the TPMS flow through? We'd loose the ability to lock then on with that little hex screw, but we'd possibly avoid this problem. No use having a flow thru sensor that doesn't flow thru!!
Statgeek - sorry that it's taken a while to get back to you. Anyway, I finally have the new valve extenders ... and they really don't seem to make much of a difference. I went an inch shorter, which results in a better fit for the sensor within the outer wheel and still works with the rubber stabilizer. I figure the issue is the mechanical drag of the remote rod bearing down on the valve in the valve stem ... the TST sensor doesn't depress it enough. Anyway, before trying plan B or C, I've reached out to Dan at TST to see whether he has any ideas.
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #794

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good idea to reach out to TST. I did the same and they asked me to send in the sensor. I did, and they sent me a new one. I haven't installed it yet but since the one on the matching tire on the other side if the coach is working fine, I suspect I just had a sensor go bad. Will update the thread when i verify.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #795
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRog View Post
Statgeek - sorry that it's taken a while to get back to you. Anyway, I finally have the new valve extenders ... and they really don't seem to make much of a difference. I went an inch shorter, which results in a better fit for the sensor within the outer wheel and still works with the rubber stabilizer. I figure the issue is the mechanical drag of the remote rod bearing down on the valve in the valve stem ... the TST sensor doesn't depress it enough. Anyway, before trying plan B or C, I've reached out to Dan at TST to see whether he has any ideas.
Good afternoon all,

This is a rather unique situation, and we have discovered an aftermarket design modification with regard to valve stem designs.

This does effect approximately 3% of our RV system operators using the flow through system.

We are looking at shortening the actual stem on the sensor. To answer the question posed in the thread, by grinding off 1/16th of the sensor stem, the sensor will make appropriate contact with the valve core thus alleviating the issue.

In so doing, you will forgo the anti theft locking bolt on the sensor itself.

I hope this clears this up, and please feel free to reach out to me as we are eager to assist.

None of our other systems have this stem design, eliminating this issue for our other system users.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #796

Well I finally got around to installing my new 507 sensors, I just had new tires installed and ensured that the guys put the stems in a position that would work for the install etc.

I followed the install instructions and everything worked well

I don't anticipate being away much during this winter however given the battery life and the low cost of replacement I thought I'd put them on now.

What I haven't done yet is to decide where to put the monitor. I'm not keen on putting double sided tape on the dash area etc so I'm looking for feedback from users that are using the window suction (ram style) mount.

Has it fallen off....is it convenient? Any user input on the location and mount would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Ron
Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #797

Just installed the 507 flow-thru sensors on my 22.5 accu-ride rims. Existing valve stems were well-positioned to hide/protect the sensors within the holes on the rim but it is nearly impossible to get at the anti-theft set screws to tighten them--any suggestions???????Dont want to extend the stems out anymore if I can help it. Guess a longer allen wrench might do the trick??????
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #798

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post

What I haven't done yet is to decide where to put the monitor. I'm not keen on putting double sided tape on the dash area etc so I'm looking for feedback from users that are using the window suction (ram style) mount.
Ron
I use Ram Suction Cup mounts for a variety of stuff and they are great.

I have one for our window hummingbird feeder and it stays there for months on end. The last time I had to remove it to take the coach for service I had a heck of a time removing it.

The other Ram Suction Cup Mount that I use is for my drink cup holder. That has fallen a couple of times but only because I had to use a large plastic disk mounted on the side of the coach where there was a vinyl covering and I think I get a small air leak sometimes. Other times it stays there for many months without falling off.

Ram mounts are the best.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote