Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #71

I have the new TST 507RV system, it was very easy to remove from packaging including seniors, was easy to install and has worked perfectly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #72

National RV Owners Club
I bought The TST system about a year ago. I've had sensors replaced and agree the alarm and light are worthless. In fact I have never messed with tires as much as I did when this thing was installed. As far as being safer, I have never had tires deflate as many times as they have since installing this system, so in my case they increase the danger to my family, be afraid, very afraid. I really don't like fear marketing but in this case it looked like a need gismo, and I love gismos. In reality it's just a PITA and now is back in the box doing what it does best, nothing.

As far as the access holes being too small, that’s ticky tack, the packaging is so flimsy that the sensors are easily pushed out from the bottom.

Dick
Old 08-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #73

National RV Owners Club
I have the system and am probably one of the first to have one when the System was sold under SAF-TTE of CO. I am still running my original monitor and two of the very first hand screw on sensors and have had no problems with viewing the screen, I also have no problem with seeing the red light. Now on the beep warning I have had an instance where I could not hear it, but my wife, who says I have selective hearing, heard it while it was by me and she was in the co-pilot chair. I will admit that I use to lose sensors on the Toad, until I met John, (former partner of TST) at Quartzsite AZ a few years ago and bought the relay booster. Since then I have not lost a sensor. In fact I can pull up the sensors in the house on the Toad and MH. I see Ziggly Wiggly has a 40' MH and may have needed the relay booster if it was the Toad sensors that were not displaying. As far as the sunlight glare interfering with the view on the display screen, I don't have this problem as I have mine mounted out of the sunlight.
Finally, just a short comment on the packaging, to remove the sensors all you have to do is tilt the package and the sensors will come out.

As to what ZigglyWiggly should do for a TPMS I would suggest he buy one of the other Systems he appears to sell.

Yeah, I know Moderators, my last few words may not be within the rules of posting but give me a break. Packaging complaint?? Can't see the monitor because of sun glare?? Red light too dim?? Alarm not loud enough?? Me smells something fishy here and only one post????
Old 08-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #74

National RV Owners Club
Hey Dick, While I was writting, you were too. Lets agree to disagree.

Is this like one of those "you really have to have a Surge Protector" thingees?

Joe
Old 08-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #75

I guess it is good to hear from everyone but my experience has certainly been different from yours. We purchased our system back in June of this year and have had no problems with it. Granted I don't keep my 510 monitor up on the dash but that is because we don't keep anything on our dash. I have a great little cubbyhole in our Dodge and both the driver and passenger can see the monitor clearly. As far as volume, when our alarm went off the first time due to loss of air, we both heard it quite clearly. Same thing a few weeks ago when it went off due to high temperature. We found a brake caliper had seized, causing tremendous heat which cracked the rota.
I feel that if you were truly unhappy with the product, it might have been better to call the company directly instead of dealing with a sales rep but that's just me.
The way you feel about this system is the way I felt about a system we tried a year ago. I just told them I wasn't satisfied and wanted to return it for a full refund. That's what they did. Diana
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What would prevent someone from stealing your sensors?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
What would prevent someone from stealing your sensors?
On the TST system you need a special tool (included) to remove the sensors.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lostagain-

So..everyone is on the honor system? Around here, if it's not chained down-it goes away!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #79
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have used my TST system this summer. All is well. I have had no transmitter problems nor receiver problems. I agree that it is hard to see when mounted on the dash in sunny weather. I except the fact that there will be upgrades coming. I have purchased several computers over the past 10 years. I purchase a new computer and within a few months it is obsolete. So it is with electronics. I am happy with my TST system. it is performing just like it was presented to me when I purchased it. As time passes by I will say it is time for a new TST system and I won't complain any more than when I purchased a new computer. Time marches on and waits for nobody.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #80

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TST

I was going to start a new post concerning the TST system, when looking at the forums this morning I saw this ongoing post. I feel that I can add my comments without hijacking the original post.

I was having problems with programing the 510 system monitor, I did a search on the forum and saw all the post about the TST system. I didn’t find any that I thought would solve my problem. During the search I saw that Dan Covington was the owner, I like what I read from his post and the support his company gave to the purchaser. I sent Dan an e-mail explaining my problem, I was impressed with the quick response, he gave me names and phone numbers to whom I should contact to help with my problem. I was surprised to see his name at the top of the list, after all the good things I had read about his company I shouldn’t have been surprised but I haven’t had the owner contact me with my problems in the past with other purchases. I call the number that Dan supplied, the person I talked to wanted to refer me to the technical support department. I explained about Dan e-mail telling me to contact him. When I wasn’t able to talk with Dan at that time, I sent another e-mail asking for clarification on who I should talk to on my problem. I get a response form Dan wanting to know what my phone number was a good time to call. I sent him the information that he requested. I was explaining to my wife about Dan’s response, my phone rang it was Christine from Dan’s company. When she said they were in TEXAS I knew that I would have no problem explaining of following her instructions. She talked me through programing the monitor with no problem.

I then took my rig to the storage facility, while backing into my space my phone rang and when I answered I was greatly surprised that Dan was on the line, wanting to know how things were going with the monitor and sensors. I explain that 5 out of six were working fine, I had one that was not showing any data, he explained what I should try to see if the data would come up on the monitor but no information would come up on the monitor. He said that he would have a new sensor in the mail that day and just return the one that was not working.

I must say that I have been greatly impressed at the customer support that I have received, if this system works like I expect it too, I will upgrade to the newer 507 model.

Dan & Christine thanks again for your help, a satisfied customer

Jim
Old 10-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
The true measure of a company is not how well the product works, but how well the comany works when the product stops working.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
The true measure of a company is not how well the product works, but how well the comany works when the product stops working.

The true measure of a product is how well the product works the first time straight out of the box, regardless of company support.

This is the litmus test.

I have no idea of what kind of customer support is available for some of the best products in my life because the products worked straight out of the box the first time and every time I’ve attempted to use them. I don’t confuse good customer service with being a good product.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #83

Send a message via Skype™ to PugPug
Dan; I am about to purchase your TST system. I have a Ram 1 ton Dually. I just looked at my tires and it appears the easiest way to install the wheel sensors is to take the outside tire off and remove the valve extensions that are now on it and put the sensors on.

This is fine but it is going to be ugly to try to remove the sensors to add air if needed. What do you suggest I do so I can easily remove the sensors and be able to air the tires?

If I put on some kind of metal curved stems will I have to replace the short rubber valve stems currently on it?

What to do?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #84

Tst 507

Hi Gang, just wondering how many of you have bought the new 507 system? I recently had another brand, and it gave me so much greif that I sent it back for a refund, and to be fair they were great to work with , that being said I have been interested in the TST 507 . I had a buddy of mine get one last week , he installed it and has had nothing but problems with it. He drove from Long Beach Ca to San Antonio Tx and kept getting false alarms, lost sensor signals, and of the 14 sensors he bought , 4 of them didnt work . After my last go around the last thing I want to do is buy another system that is a problem child . If any of you had expierience with the new system pro or con , I would appreciate it . Thanks ...Scott
Closed Thread