Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #855

I had a long discussion with Truck Systems before ordering my set. They assured me that they will take care of my problems. I spent too much money and I won't simply give up. I believe that if you persist they will make you whole. I'll have mine in a few days and let you know.

Dave

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #856

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
I have not seen any posts about the sensor body cracking. All of my sensors have cracks. TST is replacing the one with the crack at the screw hole so I can not complain too much. I also notice that the time for the system to report tire pressure after changing the batteries is like 20 minutes. It used to be about 5 minutes.

Well, when I first changed the batteries all 5 sensors reported tire pressure. I then turned the system off and a few minutes later turned it back on to check it and now only one sensor is reporting after 1 hour. I give up.
I will be watching to see what the response to your post will be. I am getting ready to change all the sensor batteries, I have had problems with some of the sensors dropping off the monitor, and TST suggested changing the batteries to fix the problem.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #857

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
I have not seen any posts about the sensor body cracking. All of my sensors have cracks. TST is replacing the one with the crack at the screw hole so I can not complain too much. I also notice that the time for the system to report tire pressure after changing the batteries is like 20 minutes. It used to be about 5 minutes.

Well, when I first changed the batteries all 5 sensors reported tire pressure. I then turned the system off and a few minutes later turned it back on to check it and now only one sensor is reporting after 1 hour. I give up.
Hello All,

I have read this and several other posts.

With regard to changing the batteries, this should not cause an interruption in transmission frequency. In fact, the replacement battery brands are equal, if not superior to the batteries installed during manufacturing. We also sell the same batteries used in production.

The chip set within our 507 Flow Through is the same as we use in our 507RV (Cap Sensor) kit. This set has been in production for several years now, and we have a solid performance record with these electronic chip sets. Simply changing the batteries should not result in a system malady.

I would suggest making certain that the replacement batteries are not old, and carry a full charge. Another point to check is the battery contact points within the sensor itself. Sometimes, dirt can get into the sensor and affect the contact points which will result in a signal loss. (This is a pretty rare scenario, though)

We did have a handful of battery covers that went out that were molded using a less dense material. There were only a handful of systems that had this issue, and we are standing behind the issue.

As always, if your issues remain unresolved via this troubleshooting, we WANT to hear from you and we will make this right. In nearly all cases, you are still under warranty with the 507 Flow Through, and we will make any issues right.

We know you have many choices in TPMS providers, and we thank you for choosing TST!

Travel in Safety!

Dan Covington
President / CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Trucking System Technology |TST Trucking Systems
770 889 9102
Old 03-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #858

I got my TST TPMS installed on my Bounder and, while sitting still, everything is working fine. I had a couple of flow through sensors that weren't working. Called TST and they got new ones in the mail right away.

I ordered direct from TST to take advantage of their special three year warranty at no additional cost. Their customer service is great. I was confused on a couple of issues and they patiently took the time to clear things up. I called so much that I think they have my name indelibly stamped into the company DNA.

Another interesting customer service promise they made to me. If I have problems on a trip they will overnight any parts I need.

Unless I have problem during my Spring trip to Florida, I'm a happy customer.

Dave.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #859

Winnebago Owners Club
What are the pluses and minuses of the internal sensors?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #860

For me, I'm not sure there are any advantages of the internals. My tire guy says that the screw ons can leak down your tires, but I haven't seen those complaints on this forum.

For me, the biggest advantage is that I can switch them from vehicle to vehicle.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #861

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have a follow up to my cracked cover problems. Within the past several months as I have replaced batteries I have seen cracks in the body of several of my flow thru sensors. Now some of these have just fallen apart. I know something is wrong when I lose the signal. That night at the campground as I check them I find half the body is gone, battery gone and wires hanging. I have told tst and they sent me new ones. I lost two on the way to perry for the FMCA rally. A rep for tst was there and I gave him the two disintegrated sensors. He told me that he was aware of the problem and had seen it numerous times. Told me a bad batch of plastic was used for a lot of the floe thrus. I am thinking of just sending back my set of 10 and exchanging for the old 507s.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Aeller View Post
I have a follow up to my cracked cover problems. Within the past several months as I have replaced batteries I have seen cracks in the body of several of my flow thru sensors. Now some of these have just fallen apart. I know something is wrong when I lose the signal. That night at the campground as I check them I find half the body is gone, battery gone and wires hanging. I have told tst and they sent me new ones. I lost two on the way to perry for the FMCA rally. A rep for tst was there and I gave him the two disintegrated sensors. He told me that he was aware of the problem and had seen it numerous times. Told me a bad batch of plastic was used for a lot of the floe thrus. I am thinking of just sending back my set of 10 and exchanging for the old 507s.
Hello All,

I have been reading and following the posts regarding the flow through sensors.

We have some customers that are mounting them on rubber stems, which given the additional length of the Flow Through Sensor, affords it easier (albeit unwanted) contact with the rim and wheel components. With the sensor constantly smacking the rim with every revolution, cracking will occur.

Sarah Lichtman was our company representative on site at Perry service auditing our vender. I trust she took good care of you. If not, you can reach me directly.

With regard to what the distributor told you in Perry, we did have 50 beta systems that were sold into circulation accidentally, which did feature a weaker shell. We have taken nearly all of these sensors back under warranty.

90% of these systems were sold through one distributor, making the recall process much easier and the systems easily identifiable. This all took place sometime ago.

In any event, we will stand behind our product, and are eager to identify the source of the issue and resolve it permanently.

You may contact me at dcovington@tsttruck.com or you may reach me by phone at 770 889 9102.

Thank you and travel in safety!

Dan Covington
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #863
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been dealing with Dan for years and he is the real thing. If he says it, it is true.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #864

I put four of my flow through sensors on my Toyota Four Runner, intending to test them out on a trip tomorrow. Just went outside and found all four tires flat. Is there some reason I shouldn't use the flow through's on anything other than my motorhome?

I'll call Truck Systems tomorrow and discuss it with them.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
I have been dealing with Dan for years and he is the real thing. If he says it, it is true.
Thank you Cooperhawk!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1194 View Post
I put four of my flow through sensors on my Toyota Four Runner, intending to test them out on a trip tomorrow. Just went outside and found all four tires flat. Is there some reason I shouldn't use the flow through's on anything other than my motorhome?

I'll call Truck Systems tomorrow and discuss it with them.
Hello Dave1194,

I am sorry to hear of your malady. Upon reading your post above, obviously, please call us at 770 889 9102 or you may email me at dcovington@tsttruck.com and we will get to the bottom of this matter.

With regard to your question regarding the utilization of the Flow Through sensors on a passenger car or towed vehicle, please know the sensors will perform predictably well in most instances.

With a limited number of valve stems, the diameter of the valve stem will increase or widen by up to 25% just below the threads on the valve stem itself. You should notice a visible flaring outward below the threads.

Our 507 Flow Through sensor has a deeper contact chamber and a large brass collar that, upon contact with the widening or increased diameter below the thread line, the sensor will not tighten any further on the valve stem allowing a gradual leak as the sensor does not seal as it is not adequately secured to the valve stem.

The aforementioned or rim depth are the only two conditions which would render the 507 Flow Through sensor inapplicable to your application. The 507 Flow Through sensor is 2 inches in total length, and 1 inch wide at its base. The length of the sensor can cause it to protrude beyond the sidewall if the rim depth is shallow.

Operators that have the widening valve stems, or a shallow rim depth, will utilize the 507 Tow Pack Kit as it features our 507RV sensors which do not have the deep contact chamber. These sensors are also only 1 inch tall and 1 inch in diameter.

Travel in safety and we look forward to your call!

Dan Covington
CEO
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 04-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #867

Problem with toad sensors

Dan, I have recently purchased the 507 flow thru system with 10 sensors. The 6 on mtr home seems to be working as programmed (still in driveway) my problem are the ones on the toad (mkx Lincoln). When installed, all but one registered psi, however after aprox 30 minutes , tires were down to under 20 psi from 35 psi. I am using factory valve stems (rubber). If that is the problem , where do I find steel stems? Car has internal sensors as well. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Roger
Old 04-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #868

My last problem on the trip home from the winter was an alarm came on during the last day of the trip. Temperature and air pressure were ok and batteries were good.

chevman