Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #883
Going to pick up our new to us rv in florida and bring her home to connecticuit next week. Never had a tpms just purchased the 507se with six sensors.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #884
Great Choice!

mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #885
TST 507 Internal TPM system

Hi all.... Has anyone have experiences to share with the new TST 507 Internal TPM system from TST? I have 6 Michelin LTX M/S on our 2012 Winnebago Aspect that are on recall (LT 225/75 R16... check if your date code qualifies!) and would consider installing when I get the tires changed over this fall. Thanks!
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
2012 Winnebago Aspect 28T
Toadless (at the moment)
flapwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #886
Originally Posted by DyerGrampy View Post
Has anyone had any experience installing this system on a Ford F350 duallie. I have tire rims with semi circular openings and the metal valve stem sticks up into the opening not pointing out to the outside of the tire. I don't know if the flow through will fit or even if the end cap will work on them. I would hate to order the system and find it won't fit. Any advice would be appreciated.
I just installed the 510 system on my 2007 Winnnie Voyage & 1994 Saturn SW2 toad. The outer duals on the Ford F53 chassis have Alcoa wheels and the valve stems point inward through a 2 inch??? hole in the wheel. It's difficult to even remove the valve cap, without dropping it, yet alone try to mount a 1 inch sensor. I bought 2 180 degree extensions from CW where I purchased the monitor. This brought the valve stem back out from the hole, facing outward for easy access. The extensions touched the wheel and I was afraid of wearing through so I took vicegrips and gently squeezed the u-shape tighter and then bent the end slightly away from the other side to give room to screw the sensor on. The inner duals already had braided extensions which were easy to mount the sensors. I haven't replaced the rubber valve stems on the Saturn, as recommended, since the wheel covers limit the movement caused by centrifugal force. I haven't traveled yet with this setup so problems could occur.

Bob B.
Bainbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #887
Thor Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2 Bob....we have a TST TPMS and it works very well...hope you have the same experience......If you do have a problem give Mike a call at TST...I found setting up the unit very easy....
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #888

If you have any issues call me. I am available until midnight daily
Mike 770-889-9102
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #889

Ford Super Duty Owner
510 new battery

Original batteries lasted almost three years and were never removed when not being used. Got some replacement sensors (used I think but new battery) as original batteries died and they are lasting less than a year. I have even been removing them when not being used. Anyone else having same problem?
Challenger Owners Club
2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune with 2014 Ford Fiesta behind us & 385 FastTrack kayak inside.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #890
I just installed a 507 system.

One problem I have is that the display is too bright for me at night. I don't see any way to set the brightness. I think that if I could get something similar to a sunglass lens I could set up a flip down cover to tone it down some. The only idea I have so far is to go to the local motorcycle or ski shop and look for a goggle lens that may do the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I was wondering, since the antenna screws in, can the antenna be located in the rear of the tow vehicle via a cable for better reception (vs a repeater)?
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #891
I have aluminum rims with a recessed hole for the valve stem. I've read about people not being able to find metal valve stems that work. Here's a photo of mine:

I wanted to add a TMPS and generally wanted to convert to metal valve stems.

I found these:

Here's a photo showing that the sensor (TST 507 with anti-theft still attached) is well inside the sidewalls in this application:

They seem like they will work well in my case. These are Haltec N-1600 valve stems. Here's their description:

Ford “F" Series Trucks with Dual Wheels
Alcoa Aluminum 16"
Front & Rear Wheels
Chrome Finish
The metal washer/spacer od is ~1.5 cm.
The height from the rubber grommet to the top of the valve stem is 3~.3 cm.
The diameter of the end that goes inside the tire is ~1.7 cm.

I torqued to 25 INCH lbs and that seemed to hold air on the 1st try.

Hopefully this will help others who are having problems finding metal valve stems.
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #892
Forest River Owners Club
Just wanted to say that I purchased my TST system primarily on the basis of the reviews and comments about "Great customer service". My system has worked flawlessly for 26 months. I am 2 months out of warranty. I had a problem with a sending unit (caused solely by my carelessness) and called to order a replacement. Even though it was my own fault and I was out of warranty they took care of the problem. Now I fully understand what "customer service" is supposed to mean. Great job TST!! Thank you and I will recommend you to all!
Bob and Sue with our four legged son Jerry.
Fresno, Kalifornia
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #893
Ordered my TST 507 and Internal Sensors Today Yea!

Just got off the phone with Mike at TST and he helped me decide on a TPMS system. Since I am replacing all 4 tires on my 40ft Open Range I ordered the 507 with 4 internal monitor stems. Will add monitors my dually later with the external flow throughs. I am TOTALLY impressed with Dan's involvement with his customers and the people he hires. I had two tires go out on me on our maiden voyage on my 2013 OR. Fortunately no damage to trailer, and hopefully this will give me the piece of mind I need. Plus it's a new toy?
GoodbyeCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #894
National RV Owners Club
You will be totally happy and satisfied with the TST System. I have ran it for perhaps the longest of most folks since I had it before Dan took it over and made it what is not only the best tire monitoring system but one of the best Customer Service companies out there. I would put there customer service equal to Fantastic Fan.
Joe & Angie
Shih Tzu's Cookie & Rocky
2001 Tradewinds 7390 2011 CRV EX-L Navi w/ RoadMaster FuseMaster
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #895
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
TST Systems will be appearing at the National Rally. They donated a Model 507 for our Grand Prize drawing on Thursday.

Stop by and see Mike Benson at his vendor table and make plans to attend his seminar.

Sent from my iP5S using iRV2 - RV Forum
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #896
Official iRV2 Sponsor
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
You will be totally happy and satisfied with the TST System. I have ran it for perhaps the longest of most folks since I had it before Dan took it over and made it what is not only the best tire monitoring system but one of the best Customer Service companies out there. I would put there customer service equal to Fantastic Fan.
Hello All,

Thank you very much for all of your kind words and support.

There is really no finer complement a business owner can hope for than those of our loyal customers here and on other forums as well.

We take customer service extremely seriously. We want your experience with our products, as well as, our service to be pleasant.

Thank you all so much and we will see you at the IRV2 National Rally in Myrtle Beach South Carolina!

Dan Covington
Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102

TST Systems is offline   Reply With Quote