Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #897

Thor Owners Club
Bought my TST507 flow thru sensors about 18 months ago. I did not put them on until about 6 weeks ago. Batteries still good. Got them with a 2yr warranty. Just wanted to say I took the RV out yesterday and will have it out about 2weeks. It is great not having to worry about what pressure those tire are at. Great product. Thanks Dan Covington for the awesome sensors.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #898

Brain dead in Wenatchee wa.

Had a small problem as we arrived home from the winter in April. I was going to call and get some help on the problem. that day was today. Opened the box and only 2 transmitters in the box. The brain dead part of the story is why were only 2 in the box and where are the other 2. Leaving for the winter soon. It sucks being 73 sometimes.

chevman

Old 09-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #899

National RV Owners Club
Hey Dan, can't make it to the East Coast. So, how about seeing you in Quartzsite. I'll even buy you pizza and beer at Silly Al's.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Barnhart View Post
Brain dead in Wenatchee wa.

Had a small problem as we arrived home from the winter in April. I was going to call and get some help on the problem. that day was today. Opened the box and only 2 transmitters in the box. The brain dead part of the story is why were only 2 in the box and where are the other 2. Leaving for the winter soon. It sucks being 73 sometimes.

chevman
I called tst and Mike fixed our problem and 2 new transmitters are on the way then Mike wants me to call and we will get everything ready for the departure the 1st. the problem was the temperature was incorrect for what we need. I don't know how it changed. Now the 2 missing transmitters will turn up of course. Nice customer service.

chevman
Old 09-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #901

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
I just installed a 507 system.

One problem I have is that the display is too bright for me at night. I don't see any way to set the brightness. I think that if I could get something similar to a sunglass lens I could set up a flip down cover to tone it down some. The only idea I have so far is to go to the local motorcycle or ski shop and look for a goggle lens that may do the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I was wondering, since the antenna screws in, can the antenna be located in the rear of the tow vehicle via a cable for better reception (vs a repeater)?
Nope, probably not. You would need a coaxial cable to connect to the readout, and the signal loss in the coax would probably cause the display to not work, or only work intermittently.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
Nope, probably not. You would need a coaxial cable to connect to the readout, and the signal loss in the coax would probably cause the display to not work, or only work intermittently.
I thought that cable would result in much less loss than air. I could be mistaken though...
Old 09-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #903

Thor Owners Club
I was with needing if the sensors should come off as part of the winterizing......
Old 09-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdhicks View Post
Bought my TST507 flow thru sensors about 18 months ago. I did not put them on until about 6 weeks ago. Batteries still good. Got them with a 2yr warranty. Just wanted to say I took the RV out yesterday and will have it out about 2weeks. It is great not having to worry about what pressure those tire are at. Great product. Thanks Dan Covington for the awesome sensors.

I think I should have got the flow through ones.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #905

the 2 new transmitters arrived and Dan and I set up the 2 new ones. I did all of the work Dan just gave the directions to set them up. thanks Dan

chevman. Now want to bet I find the 2 missing transmitter??
Old 09-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #906

Quote:
the 2 new transmitters arrived and Dan and I set up the 2 new ones. I did all of the work Dan just gave the directions to set them up. thanks Dan

chevman. Now want to bet I find the 2 missing transmitter??
I was correct. Just found the missing transmitters in plain sight.

O-well So- Sad Too -Bad

chevman
Old 09-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #907
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I was correct. Just found the missing transmitters in plain sight.

O-well So- Sad Too -Bad

chevman
That's what about $100. retail plus shipping?
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #908

Yes $100.00. Life is hard, when you are stupid it is harder.

chevman
Old 09-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #909

I know everyone is saying how good TST service is. I will add my story anyway. I bought a 507 from a vendor at Glamaramma in Goshen a couple of months ago and tried to set it up but I couldn't get it to register the PSI or anything for that matter. I put it away and this past Friday decided I better get it figured out before our trip south this fall. I still could not get it sorted out so I called customer service. A few questions and she( sorry I forgot her name) decided the antenna was broken. No questions about what happened or whose fault it was. She asked for my address and one minute after hanging up I had a tracking number for a new unit. It doesn't get better than that. Thanks TST for being a great company.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #910

TST 507 with Internal Sensors - All Set

All set with my TST 507. Installed new tires and internal sensors on my 40ft 5th wheel by Less Schwab. Can't afford to get sensors for my dually at this time, but my main concern was my 5th wheel. We had 3 tires of 4 go bad (China bombs) on our trip from Portland, OR to Brigham City, UT. Two developed side bubbles and one lost tread. Thank God no damage to the 5er. Mounted the repeater inside the front cabinet of the 5er that contains my generator and batteries. Mounted repeater above the generator on the back wall using strong velcro and attached banana clips that fit well directly on the battery terminals. The small reader is mounted nicely in the cab. Will disconnect repeater when not traveling. We leave tomorrow to go back to Portland and will update you how the trip goes. Looking forward to traveling with piece of mind. Follow-up to come.

GoodbyeCalif is offline   Reply With Quote