Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
I have a 507 flow through system. I tried to install new sensors on my 2013 Jeep unlimited sahara edition. the brass shoulder on the valve stem will not allowthe sensor 2 height without leaking air. has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?
Just an update on my post. I spoke with Mike at TST today and he told me that I can take a file to the bottom of my flow through senders. it should take approximately a 16th of an inch to get them to fit. He also said this will not void the warranty. I'm going to give it a shot today
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:18 AM   #940

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gene, I understand your apprehension, however what have you to loose? They are sold under the premise " if not satisfied return for your investment." Certainly beats a blown steering tire. I've seen the damage caused not a pretty thing. Obviously an extremely expensive repair. FWIW our TST system had a couple of hic ups, ninety five percent installer error. Yes the CS is outstanding. I have owned this and Tire Tracker that I sold to another forum member for half price. Point to date, the system is working flawlessly. The monitor rarely needs charging, twice in over twelve months, on coach and tow. It's easy to install, reliable, and a bargain vs. the alternatives out there. Again, you have nothing to loose except safety for you and yours. ??
Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #941

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
How long have your batteries been in?
I replaced all batteries about 5 months ago, all sensors work great sometimes, then I will have 2 or 3 just drop off the monitor.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #942

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCapt View Post
I'm doing some extensive steering and suspension upgrades and am due for tire replacement. I REALLY don't like the idea of screwing devices on valve stems that increase potential for leakage. I'm in total agreement with Theberrys who posted #72 to say he had way more leak downs with them than without. I wanted the Bendix SmarTire internal TPMS system, but alas, we RVers are no longer worthy to buy their product. In the 67 pages of this forum, only GoodbyeCalif has reported on the TST internal sensor system. Very nearly every other respondent applauds TST for exemplary customer support in replacing faulty components. That's great, but what I look for in a product is reliability. I want to buy components that work great from day one and last a long time. I want to buy things that don't need customer support. With an internal system, it's a big deal to replace a sensor that decides to flake out. In effect, an inoperative internal sensor renders the system worthless. I'm okay with that at 7 years when I need new tires again, but not before. I want to join this club of believers, but I just haven't seen enough encouraging evidence. Does the super support cover labor costs to replace failed internal sensors? I'd bet not. Maybe I need some trucking company experience testimonials.
Dear Sir,

Thank you for submitting your question. Our TST internal sensors have been in commercial use for several years. With literally thousands of our internal offerings in service with over the road transport companies, as well as, multiple RV users, we have seen a warranty replacement rate on our internal sensors of 0.25 of 1%.

Our internal sensors are larger, affording more real estate for electronic transmission devices, larger batteries, and a full pressure pad to read and report tire temperature, as well as, pressure.

Our factory has been toured by PACCAR, the parent company of both Peterbilt and Kenworth. TST is the exclusive aftermarket system of PACCAR. As part of the screening process, we also had to submit financial records, and all of our products are ISO certified.

We have multiple commercial trucking fleets utilizing our internal, as well as, external sensor offerings.

Sirius XM Roaddog radio personality Kevin Rutherford has endorsed our external tire pressure monitoring systems as well. Click here to hear his endorsement, as well as, the level of scrutiny our systems were put to in his evaluation.

We also won the readers choice Silver Award from Motor Home Magazine, as well as, the readers choice Silver Award from TrailerLife Magazine for 2014.

We are the ONLY tire pressure and tire temperature monitoring company to develop its technologies in conjunction with top 30 trucking companies such as Prime, Inc in Springfield MO.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dan Covington
CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Trucking System Technology |
770 889 9102
Old 11-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #943
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
I replaced all batteries about 5 months ago, all sensors work great sometimes, then I will have 2 or 3 just drop off the monitor.
Sounds like your right on top of that aspect of it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #944

Carolina Campers
TST TPMS Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
... Our TST internal sensors have been in commercial use for several years. With literally thousands of our internal offerings in service with over the road transport companies, as well as, multiple RV users, we have seen a warranty replacement rate on our internal sensors of 0.25 of 1%.

Our internal sensors are larger, affording more real estate for electronic transmission devices, larger batteries, and a full pressure pad to read and report tire temperature, as well as, pressure...

Dan Covington
CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102

Dan,

Thanks for this response.

With the internal sensors, as they have larger batteries and as they are constantly in use in a commercial transport environment, what would be the expectation for the battery life expectancy when utilized in an RV with maybe 10K to 15K miles per year while in use where the monitor is in use? Also, I assume that the transmission from the sensor to the monitor is stronger and therefore more reliable.

In other words, how does it compare to the external units that I currently have (flow through models on the coach, caps on the car)? I have had my units for about a year and have had to replace the batteries in three of the ten sensors thus far.

Just curious if I should consider upgrading. I'd love it if I never had to worry about loosing my sensor readings and did not have to change the batteries for several years.

Thanks,

Ted
Old 11-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #945

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Dan,

Thanks for this response.

With the internal sensors, as they have larger batteries and as they are constantly in use in a commercial transport environment, what would be the expectation for the battery life expectancy when utilized in an RV with maybe 10K to 15K miles per year while in use where the monitor is in use? Also, I assume that the transmission from the sensor to the monitor is stronger and therefore more reliable.

In other words, how does it compare to the external units that I currently have (flow through models on the coach, caps on the car)? I have had my units for about a year and have had to replace the batteries in three of the ten sensors thus far.

Just curious if I should consider upgrading. I'd love it if I never had to worry about loosing my sensor readings and did not have to change the batteries for several years.

Thanks,

Ted
Good afternoon Ted,

Please bear in mind that our TST507RV and the TST507Flow Through systems operate using user replaceable CR1632 batteries. The life expectancy of these batteries is one year. Annual battery replacement is normal and expected.

With regard to the overall working conditions the internal sensors are exposed to in an RV versus a commercial truck are actually surprisingly similar.

The internal (like the external sensors) are pressure activated. Whether your rig is stationary or in motion, your sensors are continuing to report tire pressure and temperature.

When the wheels are in motion, the sensors are exposed to road conditions such as potholes, etc. Otherwise, they are inside the tire and lack overall exposure to external conditions.

The life expectancy and wear are relatively comparable upon installation.

Thank you for your inquiry. Please let me know how else I may assist you.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
770 889 9102
Old 11-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #946

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
... TST507RV and the TST507Flow Through systems operate using user replaceable CR1632 batteries. The life expectancy of these batteries is one year. Annual battery replacement is normal and expected...

The life expectancy and wear are relatively comparable upon installation...

Dan,

Thanks for the information. That answers my question. I'll simply plan on changing all the batteries each year then.

I also wanted to let you know that after installing your system I have had two instances that has saved me far more than the cost of the TST equipment;

1) I had one of my rear inner tires develop a leak in the valve stem. It was reported quickly before any damage could happen.

2) I have sensors on both the RV and my on my towed vehicle (Honda CR-V). After hooking up the toad and driving for a while I received a temperature alarm on my toad's front tire. I stopped and checked it out and found that the brakes on the front tires were hot because I had set the breakaway system a little too sensitive.

By having the TST system installed, and receiving the alarms, I was aware of the issues quickly, before they became a real issues. I don't even want to think how serious the consequences may have been.

Thank you!

Ted
Old 11-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #947
cwf

Dan..
Have had wonderful experiences with the TST...

I had new tires and valve stems installed. Last weekend when towing I noticed one of the sensors indicating a LOSS of air pressure... gradual.... which accelerated when I slowed for a turn... we had just driven over an area of road construction.

We pulled into our park within a few minutes of the turn and the pressure remained steady.. all night. Next morning I went to 'check'.. thinking, "it must be the weather being so cold that caused this"... when I wiggled the sensor and valve stem, the audible hissing of escaping air made my heart sink for a moment...

I pulled the tire, took it to Camping World and had them install a BOLT on solid valve stem...

Problem solved.

All tires now have the solid bolt on valve stems...
Old 11-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #948

corrosion potential

My apologies if this topic has been presented in the past 900 plus posts. I simply can't take time to read through all of them.

I've had the 507 TST system on our coach and CRV for well over a year and find the system works great. Recently I had to add air to a front tire on the CRV. So I removed the theft proof sensor with the supplied wrench and added air. I decided to check all tires and removed both front sensors without problem. However, the rear tire sensors would not budge. Long story short I ended up trying penetrating solvent and pliers but still couldn't budge the sensors. I eventually had to crush the sensors with a pliers to remove them. They threaded insert of the sensors (brass)were corroded fast to the aluminum alloy valve stem on our 2012 CRV. After speaking with TST, they indicated that some of the road salts in the Northeast have occasionally caused a corrosion problem and that I should use some dielectric grease.

TST replaced both sensors without charge. I applaud the TST customer service beyond the warranty period.

So, the take away is to warn folks of this potential corrosion, especially those living in areas that use roadway treatments in the winter. Use dielectric grease during installation.

Oh, BTW - I damaged one of the valve stems and had to take it the Honda dealer to replace the stem. The Honda valve stem also incorporates their TPMS. The clipped me $147 to replace my stem... ouch!

cheers,
Joopy
Old 12-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #949
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dan;

I have a question I don't recall being discussed before. I have a 510 system I am happy with. I remove all the sensors when I winterize my coach to save the batteries. I want to leave early March to go south. Does the cold have any effect on the battery power in the transmitters? I know when I leave my flashlight in the coach over winter the batteries have to be replaced in the spring. If I reinstall my transmitters last of February will they be picked up by the monitor as well as they are in the summer. I don't feel comfortable traveling with out them especially on the toad. My system has saved me 2 wheels and tires already as I can't feel or see anything when a toad tire is going flat.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 12-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #950

National RV Owners Club
Hello Dan,

Are you coming to Quartzsite this year?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #951

Monaco Owners Club
TST will be available at Quartzsite through Great RV Products and Ruffnit RV.
If you have any other questions feel free to call me or message me. I am available until midnight 7 days a week @ 770-889-9102 Thank you Mike Benson
Old 12-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #952

Hi TST and all.... About a year and a half ago I purchased the 507RV set.... I never got around to using the system as there were issues with valve stem / sensor clearances on my ALCO wheels. Eventually I contacted TST and got talked into exchanging the 507 for a 507 Internal system with a repeater. Again I have not tried the system yet as I am waiting for de-winterizing and getting new tires. Lucky for us Michellin has a massive recall on my tire code so I will be taking that opportunity to install the internal system.

Now my questions... Are the internal batteries deteriorating with their 7 year life counting down as the system sits on my shelf boxed waiting to be installed? It will be almost 2 years this spring since the UPS man delivered them. Is there a way to check with the serial number or a code to determine the date of battery manufacture? Perhaps I should request a "fresh" set of internal TPMS valves?

I would love to hear from anyone who has this internal system installed.
Closed Thread