Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #953

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapwing View Post
Hi TST and all.... I would love to hear from anyone who has this internal system installed.
Me too as I will get the internal system next Spring.

g

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #954
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapwing View Post
Hi TST and all.... About a year and a half ago I purchased the 507RV set.... I never got around to using the system as there were issues with valve stem / sensor clearances on my ALCO wheels. Eventually I contacted TST and got talked into exchanging the 507 for a 507 Internal system with a repeater. Again I have not tried the system yet as I am waiting for de-winterizing and getting new tires. Lucky for us Michellin has a massive recall on my tire code so I will be taking that opportunity to install the internal system.

Now my questions... Are the internal batteries deteriorating with their 7 year life counting down as the system sits on my shelf boxed waiting to be installed? It will be almost 2 years this spring since the UPS man delivered them. Is there a way to check with the serial number or a code to determine the date of battery manufacture? Perhaps I should request a "fresh" set of internal TPMS valves?

I would love to hear from anyone who has this internal system installed.
Hello All,

The internal sensors are equipped with a 7 year battery, and like our external sensors, they are pressure activated.

As with any inactive battery sitting on a shelf, some life will be compromised through sitting, however, the batteries are not actively engaged, and therefore, not consuming power in the box.

At a maximum, you may have exhausted 3-4 months of battery life through allowing your system to remain in the box for 2 years.

You will likely be replacing your tires before we need to address battery depletion.

Thank you for your inquiry!

Dan Covington
Trucking System Technology |
770 889 9102

Old 01-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #955

tst tire pressure monitor

This is by far the best device that we have purchased for our 5 wheel.
customer support is awesome.
these guys really care about their customers.
4500 miles last trip and never worried about tires pressure once!
cant say enough.
Thank You
Gregg and lori from Iowa
Old 01-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #956
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionboy View Post
cant say enough.
To me that is all that really matters.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #957

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
JohnRR thanks to you no tire pressure worries anymore !! Jim
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #958
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionboy View Post
This is by far the best device that we have purchased for our 5 wheel.
customer support is awesome.
these guys really care about their customers.
cant say enough.
Thank You
Gregg and lori from Iowa
Thank you Greg and Lori for choosing TST!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #959

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike I see from your post that you are able to solve most problems with the TST system. I hope that you can give me some suggestions on the problem with my 507 flow thru system. I completed a 6,000 mile trip, I changed out the batteries in all the sensors to make sure if I had a problem with the sensors it wouldn’t be the batteries. The first 900 miles the system worked great, then one sensor or the other would drop off line. I had the repeater with me so I installed that to see if it would make a difference. There was no change I still had the problem with one sensor or the other dropping off line. The two inside dually sensors very seldom will come on line. Any suggestions on correcting this problem would be appreciated.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #960

Same concern with mine.

Mine does the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Mike I see from your post that you are able to solve most problems with the TST system. I hope that you can give me some suggestions on the problem with my 507 flow thru system. I completed a 6,000 mile trip, I changed out the batteries in all the sensors to make sure if I had a problem with the sensors it wouldn’t be the batteries. The first 900 miles the system worked great, then one sensor or the other would drop off line. I had the repeater with me so I installed that to see if it would make a difference. There was no change I still had the problem with one sensor or the other dropping off line. The two inside dually sensors very seldom will come on line. Any suggestions on correcting this problem would be appreciated.
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 AM   #961

Tiffin Owners Club
Sensors Dropping off line

It would seem that something else might have changed to cause problems "all of a sudden." I remember reading somewhere that wireless indoor/outdoor thermometers and/or "atomic clocks" with a remote sensor can cause such problems, depending upon the brand of thermometer. Some operate on frequencies that disrupt the signal from the tire sensors. Might you have added something new to the coach?
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #962
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Frank,
Please call me when you get a chance at 770-889-9102. You can reach up until midnight eastern time. Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.
Mike TST
Old 01-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #963
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Please call me at 770-889-9102 Thanks Mike TST
Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #964

TST Is a great company

I got to say I may be having a couple of issues with the new system but Mike is great to deal with and the company as a hole is really concerned and want to make it right. I highly recommend them.
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #965

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 507 flow thru system, but have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to in a search here.

How long are the flow thru sensors. I find weight, but not length.

My concern is on the front tire with the wheel covers. The stem ends right at the hole to the cover and I wonder if the sensor is going to stick out so far it might hit something in a campsite. Maybe not a worry, but if it sticks out a couple inches, that seems like a lot.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 01-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #966

Fleetwood Owners Club
Greg, first welcome to the forum. The 507 will extend about 1 1/2" on the steer wheels. If you have aluminum rims ie, Accuride or similar. I really don't see that as an issue. At least for the year that we had the 507's. If your concern is justified simply put the 507 regular non flo thru as I use them on the toad. It's just simple to remove and air because you have to remove the valve cap on the flo thru's. No problems mate you'll love the system and customer service is SUPERB!

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote