Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #85
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
If any of you had experience with the new system pro or con , I would appreciate it . Thanks ...Scott
From what was seen on the TST website I believe that they have received a new version of the 507 from the manufacturer. We were waiting for those to come in so I expect that if you get a 507 from TST is should be the latest version.

Call 770-889-9102.

I attended a rally out on Cape Hatteras recently where TST presented a seminar. All the 510 systems that they had sold out and 507s were being ordered over the phone.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2010, 04:11 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Hi Gang, just wondering how many of you have bought the new 507 system? I recently had another brand, and it gave me so much greif that I sent it back for a refund, and to be fair they were great to work with , that being said I have been interested in the TST 507 . I had a buddy of mine get one last week , he installed it and has had nothing but problems with it. He drove from Long Beach Ca to San Antonio Tx and kept getting false alarms, lost sensor signals, and of the 14 sensors he bought , 4 of them didnt work . After my last go around the last thing I want to do is buy another system that is a problem child . If any of you had expierience with the new system pro or con , I would appreciate it . Thanks ...Scott
We have had the 507 for 4 months, about 600 miles, no problems at all.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #87

I bought a TPMS from Camping World over two years ago. We were remodeling our house last summer and I didn't have time to install the system at that time. This spring I installed their system, and at the time, I couldn't get the system to pick up the sensors. I called the help line and they were very helpful. They had me send that unit back and they sent me a new one. It worked better but still on every trip we got one or more false alarms. I couldn't hear the alarm as the frequency was too high. I lost my high frequency hearing flying on Army helicopters. My wife could hear it and she would ask me to turn it off.

I was able to trade my old TPMS into TST for a discount on their system. I have their new RV system but at the time of my order I could have purchased their old TPMS system. They were out of stock when I ordered but after about a three week wait it came. I installed the TST system. I like the way it is programmed over the one I bought at Camping World. On the Camping World unit I had to put a sensor on a tire, one at a time, and wait for the control unit to find the signal. It would then tie that sensor to that tire. On the TST TPMS you can code each sensor into the control unit and then install the sensors on the proper tires.

I had one sensor that was not working and it has been returned to TST for a replacement. The sensor would work when at room temp but would slowly show pressure going down on the tire. When the tire was checked the pressure was fine. The good news here is I can hear the alarm on the TST TPMS control unit. It is load and clear even with my bad hearing. Hopefully, the replacement will arrive in the mail in the next few days so we can try the TST TPMS next week when we go on a short trip. If not we have nine of ten sensors. We could turn that one sensor off and test the nine working sensors.

I'll let you know how it worked when we return home in week or so.
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #88

We made our first trip with our new TST TPMS today. We only have 9 of 10 sensors working or 3 working sensors on our toad. When I installed the system I had one sensor that did not work properly and I had to return it to TST for a replacement. The replacement sensor has not arrived yet.

I never was able to make a trip with our old Hopkins TPMS without the system droping the signal from one or more of the sensors and giving false alarms. I had a Hopkins repeater installed and even with a repeater it lost sensor signals.

Today, without a TST repeater installed, we made our first trip with our new TST TPMS without receiving even one false alarm. We never lost a sensor signal or received a false alarm. I bought a repeater when I bought the TST TPMS and Don said that I could return the repeater if the system worked OK without a repeater. Don said that he thought it would not need a repeater. So far, so good.

After trying to use a Hopkins TPMS for nearly a year and getting false alarms on each and every trip I'm impressed with the TST TPMS. And all it did was work as it should.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #89

I love my tst system what a piece of mind my right front tire on our tow car was running about 10 degrees higher my son informed me thats where the exhaust come out.What a great gadgit.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #90

Newmar Owners Club
Improvement

I added a small scew eye to the wrench, now I can put it on my key chain,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Hello all,

I am Dan Covington, an owner of Truck System Technologies, Inc.

We do not seek to compromise the friendly, informative nature of this forum.

I am starting this thread as an area for forum members to go to with questions about tire pressure monitoring...

I welcome any questions you may have about our systems..

Thank You!

Dan Covington
Truck System Technologies, Inc
www.tsttruck.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM003844.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	6685  
oldcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #91

Tha Rooster
I have the same résult with the higher temp on the left front tire because on the exaust from my coach it's make sense
André
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #92

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Dan I saw a question earlier that I don't think was answered. Perhaps a tire expert is needed. When checking the duals , how far off is ok. i.e. Is 94,93,94,95 an acceptable range? I've had my system for over a year and I love it. I'm going to start towing so I'll be ordering four more of the 510 for the toad. Thanks for a great product. Dan
Old 01-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #93

We are in process of putting on our sensors on a new Tiffin Breeze, had on our Phaeton before. We are having Borg Dually stems on duals . Do we need to use lock tite? If we did so would we have trouble removing if we needed to add air? We have been very pleased with your product and service.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #94
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans View Post
We are in process of putting on our sensors on a new Tiffin Breeze, had on our Phaeton before. We are having Borg Dually stems on duals . Do we need to use lock tite? If we did so would we have trouble removing if we needed to add air? We have been very pleased with your product and service.
Dan has told me to use the blue loctite http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCMQ8gIwAg#

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans View Post
I have used my TST RV system since July 2010 without any sealant. I just wrench-tightened them Thanksgiving and all are still within 6psi of my target pressure today. I had removed them while our 5er was at the factory for repairs. Each sensor has a gasket to seal the threads, if you tighten them finger-tight using the wrench they should not leak. IMO if sealant is required the gaskets need replacing.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #96

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dan I use Equal balance powder in my tires. Will that cause any problems with the TST system. I placed my order today and thought about the balance beads after I placed the order. Thanks Jim
Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #97

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97windsor View Post
Hi Dan I use Equal balance powder in my tires. Will that cause any problems with the TST system. I placed my order today and thought about the balance beads after I placed the order. Thanks Jim
We use the TST, Dually Stems and Equal with no problem. Provided you use the correct SCREENED valve stems you will be okay. Make absolutely sure they use screened stems when ever using equal. Challenge the service writer or technition doing the job to be sure. You'll love the TST's and their service.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #98
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97windsor View Post
Hi Jim,

Equal balance powder will not interfere with your system or its operations.

Thank you for your order and travel in safety!

Dan