Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #967

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggimlick View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 507 flow thru system, but have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to in a search here.

How long are the flow thru sensors. I find weight, but not length.

My concern is on the front tire with the wheel covers. The stem ends right at the hole to the cover and I wonder if the sensor is going to stick out so far it might hit something in a campsite. Maybe not a worry, but if it sticks out a couple inches, that seems like a lot.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Greg

The flo through did not fit well with my front wheel covers. TST swapped out non flow through. Problem solved and having to remove the sensor to air the tire is no big deal.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 AM   #968

Quote:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 507 flow thru system, but have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to in a search here.

How long are the flow thru sensors. I find weight, but not length.

My concern is on the front tire with the wheel covers. The stem ends right at the hole to the cover and I wonder if the sensor is going to stick out so far it might hit something in a campsite. Maybe not a worry, but if it sticks out a couple inches, that seems like a lot.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Greg
I had two problems with the flow-throughs. Because they were too long, they were hard to screw on to the inner stems for my dually's.

Second, they are not designed to hold air for all tire valve stems. My Toyota stems have a taper on the ends and that caused them to leak down.

But if they don't work out for you, I found that TST Systems cheerfully exchanged them out for the non-flow-throughs. They have worked flawlessly.

Dave

Old 01-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #969

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Greg, first welcome to the forum. The 507 will extend about 1 1/2" on the steer wheels. If you have aluminum rims ie, Accuride or similar. I really don't see that as an issue. At least for the year that we had the 507's. If your concern is justified simply put the 507 regular non flo thru as I use them on the toad. It's just simple to remove and air because you have to remove the valve cap on the flo thru's. No problems mate you'll love the system and customer service is SUPERB!
I agree with Clay. If all your valve stems are easy to access, just use the regular non-flow through sensors. I'd add the caveat that you should remove the outer, theft prevention covers though as they make removing the sensors more difficult. Without the theft prevention devices the sensors twist on and off more easily than a regular valve stem cap. Another advantage of using the regular sensors is you will get better flow when airing your wheels and a better, less failure prone inflation connection point.

If you do go with the flow thru sensors, be very careful when airing your tires. Make sure you put the chuck straight on the sensor and avoid side loads. Never hang the chuck on the sensor as you'll most likely break it. They work exceptionally well but aren't as strong or flexible as your regular valve stems.

One final note. Be ready to buy the repeater device. Try the system without it but if you experience any dropouts just spring for the repeater and you'll have solid coverage of the entire coach and your toad.

FYI, I too use the flow thru sensors on my coach and the non-flow thru sensors on my toad.

Good luck!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #970

Thanks for all the tips and info. My Greyhawk is a 34' Super C so I'll try the stock system and spring for the repeater if needed. When I get sensors for the toad, that may become necessary.

The "deal" I got on the system included flow thru's so I hope they work okay....I'd hate to have to spring for new ones, but.......I'll keep my fingers crossed. They should be here in the next week and if the weather quits raining and freezing, I'll get them on.

Greg
Old 01-13-2015, 05:34 AM   #971

Quote:
Thanks for all the tips and info. My Greyhawk is a 34' Super C so I'll try the stock system and spring for the repeater if needed. When I get sensors for the toad, that may become necessary.

The "deal" I got on the system included flow thru's so I hope they work okay....I'd hate to have to spring for new ones, but.......I'll keep my fingers crossed. They should be here in the next week and if the weather quits raining and freezing, I'll get them on.

Greg
For my 34 foot Coachman, the receiver reception for the toad was intermittent. Rather than buy the repeater I decided to mount the receiver at the midway point at the dining table. I can still hear the alarm from the cockpit.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:01 PM   #972
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Opinions?

Thanks,
Greg
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #973

Entegra Owners Club
TST has worked well the last 30 months. They replaced sensors with issues during and after the warranty period and have great self service help over the phone. I always keep battery spares with me now. It is so nice before starting out on a trip what the tire pressure is without even going to the tires. I just bought 2 more flow though sensors, we are upgrading and are getting one more axle. The only thing I had to tweak was the high temperature and high pressure..we live in Texas. I'm amazed how much the tire pressure drops due to the temperature. I can't imagine going without a TPMS installed. TST had been great for us!!
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #974

Well it's been a tough winter so this laid on the back burner for a bit, but I did order the 507 system with flow thru sensors. Today I finally got a chance to work with it and got the sensors all linked/programmed.

I have to say the customer service so far at TST is exceptional. I called with a question pertaining to the high/low pressure values I should use and had to leave a voicemail. It wasn't 15 minutes before I got a call back from Mike with all the answers I needed and a little bit more helpful stuff too.

I went over to install it on the motorhome, but a couple of the valve extensions are going to have to be changed/rotated and I felt better about doing that at the house where I have the right tools and compressor. It will wait til this weekend to be fully installed I guess.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #975
cwf

After 18 months, one of our sensors went offline. Replaced the battery and, right back on! All good.

I wonder if I should replace all or run til each fails... Nah,,, will replace all in a couple weeks.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #976

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
After 18 months, one of our sensors went offline. Replaced the battery and, right back on! All good.

I wonder if I should replace all or run til each fails... Nah,,, will replace all in a couple weeks.
I have a couple that are on the same battery for 3 years now. I do keep spares on board.

I've had 4 sensors get killed from winter driving, TST just replaces them. Awesome customer service.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #977
cwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
I have a couple that are on the same battery for 3 years now. I do keep spares on board.

I've had 4 sensors get killed from winter driving, TST just replaces them. Awesome customer service.
Sweet! Thanks for advice. I will wait unless I get a few "dropping out". Since we have lost a tire causing significant damage on our 3axle AS, it is disconcerting when a tire just "disappears".. 😖😱
Old 03-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
Just an update on my post. I spoke with Mike at TST today and he told me that I can take a file to the bottom of my flow through senders. it should take approximately a 16th of an inch to get them to fit. He also said this will not void the warranty. I'm going to give it a shot today
I actually drilled out the first 1/4 inch carefully worked awesome

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #979

Just a quick update on my install. Half nightmare and half perfect, none of which is TST's fault. The inside duals worked perfectly the minute I screwed them on. The outside duals had a stem facing a direction that wouldn't work and rotating it didn't get any better because of its angle. A 150 degree extension got it pointed the right direction, but if it's screwed down tight enough to keep it from moving, the air won't pass thru. It works fine with the sensor if it's loose enough to rotate, but then there is a slow leak. One front wheel was fine, the stem lined up perfectly in the hole of the Alcoa wheel and the flow thru sensor screwed right on and was the perfect length. The other front was offset just enough to keep the sensor from fitting so an extension was used. That was the same problem as the rears.

I dropped the coach off today and explained and showed the tech the problem so he could get new valve stems to do what I want without extensions. Hopefully they get it right. They're good mechanics, but sometimes I wonder about their tire guy.

It's in getting new shocks and the wheels needed a re-torque anyway.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:46 PM   #980

If you can, now would be a great time to add centronic balance disk.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is online now   Reply With Quote