Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
If they used the beads and didn't install filters then you probably will have problems although one of the bead brands says they don't need the filters.
The truck place says these beads do not require filters. I guess I'll know when we go on our trip if the sensors quit.

I like the idea of those balance plates mentioned above, but after swallowing about $7K in the last year on repairs/service/etc, I can't pop for another $1000 in balancers right now. It's on the list for future though.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #996
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggimlick View Post
The truck place says these beads do not require filters. I guess I'll know when we go on our trip if the sensors quit.
Dyna Beads do not need special stems as they are too big to clog the valve stem, while the powdery type (Equal) has an identifying cap to alert the tire guy when he removes the valve stem the powder will shoot out. A lot of the time when you check tire pressures the valve stem will clog and when you come back in a few hours you've got a low or flat tire. You've got to put air back in after checking the pressures to clean the valve stem out.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #997
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #998

Has any body used the 507 internal sensors with the duallyvalve solid stems?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #999
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
What is the cost of the TST system with 12 sensors, and does it require a signal booster Also, how long do the batteries last?
JVR
Old 04-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #1000

I like the idea of those balance plates mentioned above, but after swallowing about $7K in the last year on repairs/service/etc, I can't pop for another $1000 in balancers right now.

Its about $100/axle--you have 10 axles?

Joe
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #1001

Hello Sir My name is mike w/TST we are offering a 10% sale price today on our TPMS Kits. Please call me to discuss @ 770-889-9102
Old 04-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #1002

Counteract balancing beads are great also. It is what most of the big truckers use. I have them in my RV with the TST 507 TPMS
Old 06-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #1003

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question for TST. I have the 510 system for six tires. Recently, both inside dual tires suddenly report low pressure one first and the other shortly after. The sensors each report 88 PSI. When I stop to Check the tires with a gauge, they read the expected 114 PSI For. A 100 degree day and tire temperature. After reinstalling the sensors, everything reads as expected but, after a few miles, each inside dual sensors again reports 88 PSI in the same order. It is like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." 100 miles after shutting the 510 monitor down, the right front tire blew a few miles out of Las Vegas. A very fast decompression so, pretty sure the TPMS wouldn't have helped. However, it would be better if it worked right.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #1004

Hello Bev and Keith, Please call me at 770-889-9102 I am available until midnight daily. I think I know what is going on with your 510 sensors, and I would like to correct it for you right away. Look forward to speaking with you. Thanks Mike Benson TST
Old 06-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #1005
cwf

I have had the TST system for over 2 years.. in April I had the first real 'fallout' of a sensor due to a weak battery.

Replaced all batteries... but a different one 'acted up'... failed to reliably transmit.. Following good diagnostics, it was determined the problem was with the SENSOR itself.

I phoned for 'support' and within a few days, received my REPLACEMENT sensor AND new 'seals' for all of the sensors...

Excellent service and support!!!! THANK YOU! (with 3 axles, 6 tires on the ground and 34' of aluminum to contend with, the system still performs flawlessly!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #1006

Thank you Sir for choosing TST!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #1007

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can't read the LCD in Low Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Hello Bev and Keith, Please call me at 770-889-9102 I am available until midnight daily. I think I know what is going on with your 510 sensors, and I would like to correct it for you right away. Look forward to speaking with you. Thanks Mike Benson TST
Thanks for the quick offer of assistance Mike! We are traveling now with our 11 year old grandson. When we get settled a little more, I will contact you.

I have actually begun to rethink the TPMS on our rig. I had opted for the external sensors but they have taken a beating due to the blow out and due to our flexible valve stem extenders. The sensors seem too heavy for those. I am considering going to the internal sensors. Only have four working sensors left now. I also have a hard time seeing the display on the monitor. The LCD does not show up for me when it is in a shadow. The driver compartment of out class A is often in a shadow. The LCD only shows up for me when the sun or other bright light is shining directly on it. The back light doesn't seem to do the trick for me. This is due to my particular aging eyeballs. I also have a hard time reading the speedometer in the daytime. I use the speed marker from our GPS to keep on the straight and slow path.
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #1008

Thanks for the response. Safe Travels we will talk soon. Enjoy your grandson