Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:51 PM   #1023
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Mike?
Hello Bamaboy,

I am Dan Covington, owner of TST.

Mike is away for the next couple of weeks. To answer your question, the temperature reporting will pick up mechanical, wheel related issues such as bearings going bad, hanging brake calipers, and manufacturer tire defects.

The temperature reporting relates to the air temperatures inside your tires.

Our sensors actually encompass two sensors, one for PSI, and one for temperature.

Our chip sets are manufactured state side by General Electric, and all of our products are ISO certified.

Please let me know if I may assist you further.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
CEO
Truck System Technologies
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #1024

Carolina Campers
TST TPMS Systems

Hi Dan,

I want to get a fresh set of new batteries for my set of ten sensors. Can I get them from you?

Now that RadioShack has gone away I find that that size is a bit hard to locate.... I also assume that you can make sure they are fresh versus having them sit around for a long time on a shelf before I get them at a store.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted

Old 07-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #1025

Fleetwood Owners Club
batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Hi Dan,

I want to get a fresh set of new batteries for my set of ten sensors. Can I get them from you?

Now that RadioShack has gone away I find that that size is a bit hard to locate.... I also assume that you can make sure they are fresh versus having them sit around for a long time on a shelf before I get them at a store.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted
Ted not to take away from Dans sales but you can purchase them from EBay or Amazon. They should meet certain temperature criteria, ie, -40 f to + something. My point there are lots of , I not sure if the number here just ordered, CR 1632 on the market but most are the cheap crap. The good ones are designated buy searching on Amazon "TPMS batteries".
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #1026

4 month follow up

I put the TST system on back in the spring and had the tire place remove extensions and replace valve stems so sensors are directly mounted. I've been on the road for almost three months and about 5000 miles since adding the sensors.

It's been nice to have easy access to tire info now...hard to believe I waited almost 45,000 miles before doing this.

Mine are flow thru sensors and have all worked fine with the exception of one. It doesn't seem to like reading pressure although the temp reading is accurate and agrees with the others. If I remove the sensor and check the pressure, it matches the others. When the sensor is on, it reads way low.

I assume there is a sensor issue and I'll deal with that upon returning home soon. All of the sensors read 2-3 lbs lower than my two digital gauges, but at least I know they're the same.

Greg
Old 07-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #1027

Ford Super Duty Owner
monitoring inside dually with flexible stems

I am having trouble with my current system monitoring the inside dually with flexible stems. Dose your sensor have enough travel to get the flexible stem to actuate. My current system on the flexible stems does not seem to push the valve to even get a signal. I can get tire pressure and inflate easily but just not get the stem pushed to get air to the sensor. (Nvision)

Ken
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #1028
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Hi Dan,

Thanks,
Ted

Ted
Hello Ted,

We do sell CR1632 batteries at $2.00 each. We are in the process of getting them loaded onto the website.

In the interrum, please feel free to phone in your battery orders at 770 889 9102.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #1029
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetterod View Post
I am having trouble with my current system monitoring the inside dually with flexible stems. Dose your sensor have enough travel to get the flexible stem to actuate. My current system on the flexible stems does not seem to push the valve to even get a signal. I can get tire pressure and inflate easily but just not get the stem pushed to get air to the sensor. (Nvision)

Ken
Hello Ken,

Historically, the flexible valve extenders are compatible with our sensors.

I personally run them, and have done so for several years without incident.

We have run into scenarios with some braided extenders where they may have a duplicate schrader valve, or even be missing one entirely.

When there have been contact issues in the past, it is usually the extender itself. Camping World, as well as we, sell high quality extenders that will work very well with our equipment.

Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss this further.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
CEO
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Old 07-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #1030

Entegra Owners Club
Dan

I just want to say thanks. The research into which tire system is bewildering and fraught with bad solutions. I bought your 507 system when I got a new Entegra 42 footer after having two blowouts on my previous Monaco. The second blowout caused a lot of damage in the wheel well. The first blowout was a front tire that very nearly caused a wreck. I said "never again".

I'm now on my second Entegra with the same system. Other than changing batteries at two years, it works great. I added a repeater in the aft engine bay and my Wrangler toad works great. A good system. Sometimes it takes a little debugging but after you get it established it works great. I had to eliminate some tire extenders on the inner duals to eliminate some false alarms but it works good now.
hogdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #1031

Does anyone know what type of coax cable can be uses with the 507 system. I want mount the antenna in the rear of my tow vehicle and leave the display in the front.

Also, if I do find coax, are there specific lengths to look for like is suggested for a CB coax cable?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2015, 08:30 AM   #1032

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
Does anyone know what type of coax cable can be uses with the 507 system. I want mount the antenna in the rear of my tow vehicle and leave the display in the front.

Also, if I do find coax, are there specific lengths to look for like is suggested for a CB coax cable?

Thanks!
Me thinks you should contact TST directly and ask for their tech advice. TST is above 99.9% rating for customer service.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #1033
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Dan

I just want to say thanks. The research into which tire system is bewildering and fraught with bad solutions. I bought your 507 system when I got a new Entegra 42 footer after having two blowouts on my previous Monaco. The second blowout caused a lot of damage in the wheel well. The first blowout was a front tire that very nearly caused a wreck. I said "never again".

I'm now on my second Entegra with the same system. Other than changing batteries at two years, it works great. I added a repeater in the aft engine bay and my Wrangler toad works great. A good system. Sometimes it takes a little debugging but after you get it established it works great. I had to eliminate some tire extenders on the inner duals to eliminate some false alarms but it works good now.
Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to write me a note on here.

As a fellow RVer, it is an amazing feeling to come to work knowing our products are keeping our customers and their equipment safe.

We at TST thank you so much for your support. Most of our new clients come to us by way of existing client referrals.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Travel in safety,

Dan Covington
CEO
770 889 9102
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 07-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #1034
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post

Thanks!
Hello,

If you will reach out to us, we have long T antennas that many use to extend reception without the use of a repeater.

Please call us and we can get one on its way to you.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
770 889 9102
Old 07-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #1035
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may not remember me Dan, but I was one of your first customers when you took over from the guy in Denver. I had ordered from him and never received the product. You made good on the order at your own expense. I respect that attitude very much. I recommend your system to everyone I run into because of that.

I currently run the 507 system with the booster antennae. Works great.

How many years ago was that anyway?
Toad 2012 VW Passat Diesel
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:08 AM   #1036

TST 507 Internal system battery life

Hi... is there a way to check remaining battery life on the 507 Internal Sensors BEFORE installation? I purchased a set 2 1/2 years ago and they have been sitting on the shelf awaiting my next tire change which looks like will happen this fall / next spring. Can I send back to TST for an exchange for a "fresh" set?

flapwing is offline   Reply With Quote