Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Dan

I just want to say thanks. The research into which tire system is bewildering and fraught with bad solutions. I bought your 507 system when I got a new Entegra 42 footer after having two blowouts on my previous Monaco. The second blowout caused a lot of damage in the wheel well. The first blowout was a front tire that very nearly caused a wreck. I said "never again".

I'm now on my second Entegra with the same system. Other than changing batteries at two years, it works great. I added a repeater in the aft engine bay and my Wrangler toad works great. A good system. Sometimes it takes a little debugging but after you get it established it works great. I had to eliminate some tire extenders on the inner duals to eliminate some false alarms but it works good now.
Hello Dave,

THANK YOU for choosing TST. I know you have many choices at your disposal, and please know we sincerely appreciate your business.

If ever we can assist, please reach out.

Travel in safety,

Dan Covington
CEO
Truck System Technologies
770 889 9102
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetterod View Post
I am having trouble with my current system monitoring the inside dually with flexible stems. Dose your sensor have enough travel to get the flexible stem to actuate. My current system on the flexible stems does not seem to push the valve to even get a signal. I can get tire pressure and inflate easily but just not get the stem pushed to get air to the sensor. (Nvision)

Ken
Hello Ken,

Please give us a call so that we can troubleshoot this issue with you.

We can and will get it resolved.

Please call us at 770 889 9102 and we will help.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
CEO
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Old 07-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
You may not remember me Dan, but I was one of your first customers when you took over from the guy in Denver. I had ordered from him and never received the product. You made good on the order at your own expense. I respect that attitude very much. I recommend your system to everyone I run into because of that.

I currently run the 507 system with the booster antennae. Works great.

How many years ago was that anyway?
Good afternoon Cooperhawk,

I do remember that. That was in the fall of 2008.

We treat people with the same care and regard that we seek to be treated with.

I am very happy we were able to make that right... For everyone.

Thank you for sticking with us, and thank you for promoting TST!

Please give me a call sometime. It would be great to reminisce!

Talk to you soon!

Dan Covington
TST
770 889 9102
Old 07-30-2015, 03:58 AM   #1040

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I suppose you could check each individual battery with a voltmeter. But, It would be simpler to just replace the batteries. You can get a sleeve of a dozen of the batteries online for ten or twelve bucks. That's probably cheaper than paying postage to return them to TST. You will need replacement rubber gaskets though. Don't even think about trying to reuse the old ones.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapwing View Post
Hi... is there a way to check remaining battery life on the 507 Internal Sensors BEFORE installation? I purchased a set 2 1/2 years ago and they have been sitting on the shelf awaiting my next tire change which looks like will happen this fall / next spring. Can I send back to TST for an exchange for a "fresh" set?
Hello Flapwing,

We do have a device in house whereby we are able to measure the remaining battery life.

The TST507 Internal sensors feature a seven year battery, however, any battery will deteriorate slightly just by aging.

Please feel free to send them in to us and we will be happy to check them out and give you a report.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Hello,

If you will reach out to us, we have long T antennas that many use to extend reception without the use of a repeater.

Please call us and we can get one on its way to you.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
770 889 9102
Thank You, I send an email and a T antenna was promptly sent out.

I will give it a shot on the next trip. I did find that the cable is still short though. My tow vehicle is a Ford Excursion. This T antenna lets me mount the monitor on the front window to the top by the rear view mirror and mount the antenna a few feet back at the end of the overhead console over the middle seats.

It would be really good, for anyone with a SUV, to be able to mount the antenna on the rear glass. In my case that would require at least a 15 foot cable, maybe more.

If you want me to test an antenna with a longer cable, I'd be happy to do that :-)
Old 08-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
Thank You, I send an email and a T antenna was promptly sent out.

I will give it a shot on the next trip. I did find that the cable is still short though. My tow vehicle is a Ford Excursion. This T antenna lets me mount the monitor on the front window to the top by the rear view mirror and mount the antenna a few feet back at the end of the overhead console over the middle seats.

It would be really good, for anyone with a SUV, to be able to mount the antenna on the rear glass. In my case that would require at least a 15 foot cable, maybe more.

If you want me to test an antenna with a longer cable, I'd be happy to do that :-)
I have my antenna in the lower compartment with the doors shut and I tied it into the hot wire of the light in the compartment it draw very little amp. and from weak signal to I can get reading across the property about 150 yards. may be able to put it in the trunk and still work fine.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #1044

Ford Super Duty Owner
TST System Installed

Just installed the 507 system on my Motorhome and Toad. Corrected all my issues from a previous manufacturers system and having the system programed was great. Sort of plug and play. Need to thank TST for the help especially Mike. Getting ready to go out on a trip with confidence the Tires are being monitored. So far a great experience with the TST folks.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:06 AM   #1045

Fleetwood Owners Club
FYI, just had to open and install a new battery on my 507 system. All other sensors were working well except DS tag sensor. Opened the cover, note you'll need a very small Phillips head, very small. Seems some moisture got past the o ring and corrosion was the cause of a non working sensor. Cleaned the area well with denatured alcohol and installed the new battery. This time I applied some dialectic grease to the o ring and cap top. Sensor is working fine and hopefully this stops the water intrusion.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:18 AM   #1046

I'd like to thank TST for great customer service. The connection between the charging port and the battery broke in our read-out. It was after about a years full-time use. Called TST service and had a new read-out in 3 days. No charge, no hassle. This company stand behind their product.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #1047

Cool Metal valve stems for toad

I was having problems with sensors on our toad with rubber valve stems. Mechanic suggested metal ones. Think that will help? >
Old 08-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #1048

National RV Owners Club
Yes, I've been running TST sensors since before they took over. Both my Toads had metal stems installed, lots better then rubber stems.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #1049

Tiffin Owners Club
I have had the TST system now for about 3 months, a trip to Calif and up to the Mountains, I really like that I can monitor the tire pressure/temps.

Going down a couple of 6% grades, it was nice to monitor the temps while braking, I have drum brakes in the rear, so I know my front brakes are doing most of the work, I know its not the actual brake temps, but I like how I could see if there was a major difference in temp on each tire while braking down the grade
Old 10-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #1050

Thor Owners Club
Dan I recently had to replace a sensor which was damaged following a tire delaminating and causing damage to our 5th wheel. The thing about delaminating tires is that there's no warning. Anyways the reason I am writing you is as part of our insurance claim we have included the cost of a new sensor, which was $50. I e mailed TST twice for a copy of the bill and phoned once. We havent received the bill and its holding up our claim. Could you check our invoice # 151989 and send us our receipt please.
Closed Thread