Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #1149
RVM1

I have had only 1 battery in 12 fail in 3 years, and the o-rings are cheap at a hardware store.
I can't judge their customer service cuz I have never had a problem.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:47 PM   #1150

Are we talking about the small oring that the stem seats against?

firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Are we talking about the small oring that the stem seats against?
It is the oring that self-destructs when you take the 507 apart to replace the battery. Not the seal that seats against the stem.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:08 AM   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
Something has changed at TST. I called to get more rubber seals because it is time to change the batteries on our four 507 sensors. They are not free or sold separately anymore. The new price is over $12 with shipping for six assemblies when all I wanted was four rubber seals.
I got a real different feeling for this company. I will wait to change batteries.
I can not get a hold of anyone at TST and no return call. Are you still available for phone sales and service?

2007,30RSO
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:41 AM   #1153

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought the TST 510 system many moons ago. I had so many problems with the sensors that I just quit using it. I tried everything, and I'm very hands on with maintaining my coach. Sometimes I could back out the valve in the stem, but then I found that once the sensor would work, it was actually causing a leak! I found the support tried to be helpful, but I never could get the system as a whole working well enough to actually use it. So when the batteries started dying, I was told I could send them in for $20, and they would rebuild them and send them back. Well I couldn't justify another $120, just to have the same problems. And all new sensors were more than a whole new system. Makes ya wonder now don't it?

So now all the batteries are long since dead. So curiosity got the best of me, and I took one apart. Now I've been an engineer for 37 years, and I must say, these things are not well made, especially for what they cost. It didn't take long to discover why I had so much trouble with them. A couple of cheesy springs and some kind of silicon mess. So I just chalked it up to a lesson learned.

I've went with the crossfire system, and I love it. Aside from the pressure equalizing which I think is kind of a gimmick, I like the fact that at a glance I know the status of both tires, and adding air is a breeze. I've gotten in the habit of checking them every time we are ready to go, and I'm convinced we are far better off. For the fronts, I just use an old fashioned tire gage.

I've thought about looking at a different system, but the other one I looked at looked like the same technology, so I had to pass. For me, what I have now is much better. I do have a perfectly fine TSR 510 receiver for sale if anyone is interested, along with 5 dead sensors you could send in and have rebuilt. Would let it go cheap!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:13 AM   #1154

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mike Benson is no longer at TST. Dan Covington (sp) the president used to follow this forum and was quick to respond. TST did NOT respond to my post twice that's when I found Mike was no longer the VP? Yes, things have changed. I needed a new sensor, blown off with steer tire blowout, I had two purchase two as their now sold in pairs. I'm just guessing but sounds and feels like new owners or management. Shame they were one fine company and I never had issues with their product that wasn't handled professionally.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #1155

TST Service

Yes I have to agree with others. When I was looking for a system several years ago the message was clear....TST, so I went with the recommendations. Like a few others i also had a couple of tech hiccups with a sensor but all the issues were dealt with extremely fast and Mike Benson provided outstanding service.

I had a bum monitor in the first year so I was a little concerned when the slide on/off switch stopped working in February just 3 months past my 2 year warranty expiration. I emailed Mike and finally found out he was no longer with TST. So I copy n pasted the same message to Dan. That one was never answered. I posted here and didn't get a bite from TST so in July I phoned them. I was put on to a second tier service rep to deal with the problem. She explained that Mike was no longer with them, Dan had been dealing with an issue and that they had just moved into a new facility.

She offered to sell me a new monitor at a discounted price however I told her my concern was that this would be the third monitor in 2.5 years. She then said let me call you back and see if I can do something else for you. At that point I was encouraged....

That was the last time I ever heard from her or TST.

So I guess it's now off to look for a new alternative to a TPMS.

Ron
Old 09-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #1156

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I replaced my faulty TST system in late 2009 with a Tire Traker system. The sensors are smaller and lighter than most. I have had one failed sensor, and am very happy with the TT system.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #1157
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1 View Post
I can not get a hold of anyone at TST and no return call. Are you still available for phone sales and service?
Please know that every system sold comes with a full set of replacement O rings and gaskets.

We are simply trying to direct customers to use the components that come with their kits.

Please feel free to give us a call at 770 889-9102.

Thank you,

Dan Covington
TST
Owner
Old 09-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #1158
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Dan:
Doe your system integrate with SilverLeaf's Glass Dash, like Pressure Pro?
Thanks
We are now SilverLeaf compatible.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
Old 09-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Please know that every system sold comes with a full set of replacement O rings and gaskets.

We are simply trying to direct customers to use the components that come with their kits.

Please feel free to give us a call at 770 889-9102.

Thank you,

Dan Covington
TST
Owner
I used all of the O rings that came with the kit. Why can't I just buy O rings from you without paying for other parts?
Old 09-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #1160
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I used all of the O rings that came with the kit. Why can't I just buy O rings from you without paying for other parts?

They are cheap at a hardware store.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #1161

I have the TM-510 system with 10 sensors. I always tow my dinghy when travelling but a few weeks ago I took the motor home to Camping World, without the dinghy, to get a new awning. I didn't check the procedure to stop the monitoring on the dinghy. I found it very strange that I was still getting pressure readings on the dinghy tires when I was 60 miles away from home where the dinghy was parked in the garage. Was it repeating the last good readings or is something wrong here?

Bob B.
2007 Winnebago Voyage 35L
1994 Saturn SW2
Old 09-24-2016, 05:30 AM   #1162

And the other side of the coin. I had a bad sensor. Sent it in a couple months ago. And they sent me a new sensor and a new monitor that I didn't need. No charge . They were very easy to deal with. I went through techno RV who I bought the system through. Techno RV has great customer service. When I called techno about my problems they gave me the name and a number of somebody at TST. She was extremely helpful.

rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote