Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:40 AM   #1163

I have had several repair scenarios with TST and all were handled very well over the 5-6 years I have been using them.
But it is not good business to give away parts that can be expected to wear out at some time way past the warranty date. I never expect things to be free that are subject to normal wear and tear.
Lets hope TST will start to respond quicker to requests for help, but lets be fair and pay for new parts after the warranty is out.
Joe

'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #1164

National RV Owners Club
Well said Joe

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:45 AM   #1165

Fleetwood Owners Club
TST Customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
I have had several repair scenarios with TST and all were handled very well over the 5-6 years I have been using them.
But it is not good business to give away parts that can be expected to wear out at some time way past the warranty date. I never expect things to be free that are subject to normal wear and tear.
Lets hope TST will start to respond quicker to requests for help, but lets be fair and pay for new parts after the warranty is out.
Joe
I could not agree more. Many times I feel lots of us (RV'ers) expect something for nothing. It's impossible to stay in business. I was happy to see Dan Covington respond to a few post's on IRV2. I know they were or still are a supporting vendor for this site. It's obvious that changes have been made at TST management level. Hopefully, every day business will return to the high end CS we've all become accustomed to thru the years. Competition is fierce in the TPMS business. Time will tell?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #1166

Well I guess I should have read this post before buying the TST system.

I bought it about 8 weeks ago, and started to install it about 5 weeks ago. It is not working.

The principle reason I bought it was that they have the internal sensor option and I did not want valve mounted sensors . There were no instructions on how to mount them and when I asked, they sent me just a picture, and a note told that one of the parts they sent is not used.

After I installed the sensors. I could not get a reading for all six tires no matter where I placed the monitor. I could not even get all four rear tires to read if the monitor was placed on the floor directly above the axle. The best I could do was to get 5 tire readings if I placed the monitor directly on a rear tire. So obviously repeaters are needed.

They did send me two repeaters, plus an extra antenna on a 6 foot extension cord. But they gave me absolutely no hint on where the repeaters and the antenna should be placed, nor the purpose of each. The only instructions dealt with powering the repeaters, which is the easiest thing to figure out if there are no instructions.

So I sent an email asking if there were instruction they forgot to send. And in case there is not, I provided a detail of what I had tried and a list of questions, which if answered would allow me to either complete the installation or determine if I have a defective part. A week later I emailed again since there was not any response. Two days later I got a response that they were “a little backed up” thanking me for my patience. That was 18 days ago and two additional reminders that I am waiting and so far nothing.

So if any of you knows which repeater (and or the extra antenna) goes were and how to get the repeater to talk to the sensors and monitor I would appreciate the info.

If I could just knew for sure how to get the repeaters to talk to the monitor I would start experimenting. For I am assuming that the extra antenna is to get both front tires to be read by the monitor mounted to the dash. I can get only one of the front tires to be read by the monitor depending on which side of the dash I mount the monitor. I also assume that the small repeater goes near the rear axle, and the large repeater goes somewhere in the toad.

But if those assumptions are true then the monitor cannot read a sensor unless it is less than 6 feet away, and that is hard for me to believe, if the monitor is working correctly.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #1167

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am not trying to make any excuse of any kind for any poor customer service you are experiencing.

There could be any number of things interfering with the weak radio signals if the problem seems to exist with virtually every sensor.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:17 AM   #1168

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think that you would get better results if you called and talked to them. I had a problem and called, just my luck I got to talk to Dan, he was able to walk me through the problems I was having. Give them a call you never know they may solve all your problems
Old 09-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #1169
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokgunner View Post
Well I guess I should have read this post before buying the TST system.

I bought it about 8 weeks ago, and started to install it about 5 weeks ago. It is not working.

The principle reason I bought it was that they have the internal sensor option and I did not want valve mounted sensors . There were no instructions on how to mount them and when I asked, they sent me just a picture, and a note told that one of the parts they sent is not used.

After I installed the sensors. I could not get a reading for all six tires no matter where I placed the monitor. I could not even get all four rear tires to read if the monitor was placed on the floor directly above the axle. The best I could do was to get 5 tire readings if I placed the monitor directly on a rear tire. So obviously repeaters are needed.

They did send me two repeaters, plus an extra antenna on a 6 foot extension cord. But they gave me absolutely no hint on where the repeaters and the antenna should be placed, nor the purpose of each. The only instructions dealt with powering the repeaters, which is the easiest thing to figure out if there are no instructions.

So I sent an email asking if there were instruction they forgot to send. And in case there is not, I provided a detail of what I had tried and a list of questions, which if answered would allow me to either complete the installation or determine if I have a defective part. A week later I emailed again since there was not any response. Two days later I got a response that they were “a little backed up” thanking me for my patience. That was 18 days ago and two additional reminders that I am waiting and so far nothing.

So if any of you knows which repeater (and or the extra antenna) goes were and how to get the repeater to talk to the sensors and monitor I would appreciate the info.

If I could just knew for sure how to get the repeaters to talk to the monitor I would start experimenting. For I am assuming that the extra antenna is to get both front tires to be read by the monitor mounted to the dash. I can get only one of the front tires to be read by the monitor depending on which side of the dash I mount the monitor. I also assume that the small repeater goes near the rear axle, and the large repeater goes somewhere in the toad.

But if those assumptions are true then the monitor cannot read a sensor unless it is less than 6 feet away, and that is hard for me to believe, if the monitor is working correctly.
Dear Sir,

I apologize for the inattention you received.

The large, thick repeater should be mounted in the rear of your coach. Many customers will mount the repeater in the rear closet.

You can mount the smaller repeater in the house battery section of your coach. Both repeaters require a 12 volt draw much like a cell phone.

Once your repeaters are operational, you should expect reliable performance from your system.

The larger antenna is included for clients who need additional reception capability, however, do not require the full power of a repeater.

You can use this and either mount it in the center of your windshield and this will also improve reception.

Again, we apologize for dropping the ball. There should have been a quick install guide and an accompanying manual.

Our manuals can be downloaded from our site as well.

Thank you.

Dan Covington
President / CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102
Old 09-28-2016, 04:30 AM   #1170

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well there you go! I mounted the repeater in the closet drawing easy power from the DC lamp. All signals from the toad have always been A+. I believe we have Mr. Covington's attention. Appears TST is going thru a reorganization hopefully issues will be resolved and their stellar customer service as we RV'ers know it will surface once again. I personally believe it will.👍😐
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:02 AM   #1171

Good to hear all sounds ok with TST and invite to call for service,. I know I should learn the manual myself for settings though would even pay for phone tech support after warranty if it would give me guaranteed help any day... could be bought by the year much like Apple Care.

2007,30RSO
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #1172

Hi.

I originally bought another system and on every trip I got false alarms. After research I decided to try TST. I am happy with TST as it works well for me.

I did buy a repeater with my 507 TST TPMS. And one day at Camping World I found a second repeater in their discounted sales area.

A few years ago I was having problems and I called TST. I learned that my repeaters were not the correct ones for my system. TST sent me replacement repeaters and I returned the not working repeaters.

Since I have two repeaters I mounted one underneath the coach midway between the front and rear axles. The second repeater is mounted underneath the coach at the rear of the coach. This setup appears to work well for me.

Recently I had a problem and was receiving a constant warning. My tire pressures were within range so I called TST. TST offered to switch me to a technician but I was away from my coach and I declined. TST said to call back and gave me the appropriate times. I was told that one of my tires must be out of set limits.

When I got a chance to troubleshoot my problem I found that all of my settings had changed to the lowest possible setting. Once I reset my settings my TST system is once again functioning normaly. This has never happened before in the approximately 8 years that I've been using this unit. I wonder if this is the harbinger of a failure or just some strange aberration.

My only complaint about my TST is the apparent lack of documentation. That said TST has always provided instructions when I asked. My suspicion is by not providing a fancy printed users manual TST is able to keep their prices lower.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #1173

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
My only complaint about my TST is the apparent lack of documentation. That said TST has always provided instructions when I asked. My suspicion is by not providing a fancy printed users manual TST is able to keep their prices lower.
The manuals for the system I bought is on line. This does probably help keep their costs down, and that is hopefully passed on to us, their customers.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #1174

Would you please provide the address. If it is on the TST web site I don't seem to be able to find it. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #1175

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Would you please provide the address. If it is on the TST web site I don't seem to be able to find it. JD
Which base system do you have?

http://tsttruck.com/wp-content/uploa...ser-manual.pdf

http://tsttruck.com/wp-content/uploa...er-manual1.pdf
Old 09-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Thanks. I have the 507.