Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #1191

National RV Owners Club
Sorry about that, I took the heading of your MH as your work. How I got there was by clicking on your user name and then clicking on your profile. You do have a 32' Itasca, right? BTW, my repeater has been hard wired to my the wires above my light since Feb 2004 with no problems. When the MH is not on the road the monitor is turned off.

I was the first one to discover this system even before TST took it over. I actually found and posted info on it in another forum, but a lot of folks ended up having problems with the previous authorized distributor who eventually lost his ability to sell the TPMS. That's when TST took over and even covered warranty problems not only with me but with other users also. That in my book is awesome of TST taking care of folks who didn't even buy from them.

I'm sure your questions/concerns will be handed by TST to your satisfaction. I thought about going with the internal system, but to me the 507's are a lot easier to get to when needed. Sure beats removing a tire to get to them. Good quality valve extenders are also easy to install.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #1192

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question for Dan Covington, my TST 507 system has always read 4 pounds low on all the sensors. Is there a way to recalibrate the head? I know your specs say +/- .73 PSI accuracy.

Thanks,

Dan P

Old 10-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
Question for Dan Covington, my TST 507 system has always read 4 pounds low on all the sensors. Is there a way to recalibrate the head? I know your specs say +/- .73 PSI accuracy.

Thanks,

Dan P

Me too.......
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:19 PM   #1194
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe he originally answered no.

Edit;
I have not been able to find where I thought I saw it posted.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #1195

Ok, thanks. I will just continue to look for changes between tire readings rather than actual pressure. Works for me.
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #1196
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are so many variables speed, sunlight, tail pipe placement, inner or outter dual position, sunny/shady side, actual tire pressure for weight, I think it's just an educated guess and interpretation of the displayed readings and I'm willing to live with that compared to the alternative.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:18 PM   #1197

TST TPMS Systems

I have the 507 internal system. The reason I choice the internal system is no threat of theft or damage by hitting something even though I have dully valve solid valve stems. Adjusting the air pressure is a snap. The battery life is 5 to 7 years and this is when you should be getting your tires inspected or replaced. The 60 hr life of the monitor is between charges and it can also be plugged into a 12 volt cigarette lighter type source. The repeater has no batteries and is powered by any 12 volt source and can be turned on or off at the repeater. I mounted mine on the side of one of the house batteries with double sided tape and connected to that battery. Easy to access and turn on and off. As others have said I do not worry about the actual pressures shown but look for drastic changes in either temperature or pressure or variance between tires not accounted for by exposure to exhaust or sun. I. Have flow-thru valve caps, so checking pressure in a 6 tires with a gauge is a 2 minute job in the morning when the tires are cold. TST did have some quality control problems early on, but went beyond expectations to replace the defective sensors, even giving me external sensors to use until I wanted to replace the internal ones. FYI wireless thermometers can effect the reading depending on their location
And frequency. I am very pleased with operation of the system and customer service, just don't expect it to do something it is not designed for. Catastrophic events not minor/normal changes. I got 4 corner weights to set the pressure parameters
Old 10-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #1198

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post

Thanks,

Dan P
Update to this post.....while looking at the specs at the back of my manual, it states +/- 1.5 PSI accuracy. Wonder where the .73 came from, AND how they can say 1.5 PSI when the display always reads in whole numbers.

Dan
Old 10-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #1199

Sensor Failure

I have the TST 510 system with 10 sensors. The system is 2 years old. One sensor failed under warranty and was replaced. I now have a second one that took 30-45 minutes before giving a reading and now has failed completely. How do you know if a sensor needs a battery replacement or is just bad? How much are replacement sensors? CampingWorld is now charging $105 for a pair, which seems kind of expensive. I would hope there might be a discount to replace a defective one only 2 years old.

Bob B.
2007 Winnebago Voyage 35L
1994 Saturn SW2
Old 10-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #1200

National RV Owners Club
Bob, look in the lower right hand corner of your monitor. As you flow through your sensors if a dark line pops up on the "bad" sensor it indicates a low or bad battery.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #1201

National RV Owners Club
Bob, look in the lower right hand corner of your monitor, if you have a low/dead battery you will see a dark line as you flow through the sensors.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #1202

Thanks Joe. I've taken all the sensors off for winter and covered the wheels but I'll take a look at it in the spring.

Bob B.
2007 Winnebago 35L
1994 Saturn SW2
Old 12-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #1203

Dan,

Have you ever thought about a repeater that can read OEM sensors on our toads or is that more of an issue that it's worth?