Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #1219

If you check with a tire shop that works on semis, they will have a selection of valve stems that will allow a solid stem long enough to reach thru one of the wheel openings for the sensor and/or a fill tool.
Using extensions many times will work for a while, but often will start leaking later.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethGreer View Post
Had a TST 507RV TPMS installed on my 2016 motorhome the other day. The auto mechanic said it could not read the inner tires due to the extension on those tires. Is it normal to need a different extension for inner tires and will that resolve the issue? At this point the system is worthless.
I have the 510 system and have braided extensions on my inner duals with no problem.

Bob B.
2007 Winnebago Voyage 35L
Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #1221

I installed braided extensions to my inside dual tires and then I installed my TST sensors. Everything works great.

I did need a repeter to get a good consist signal.

Safe travels. JD
Old 03-08-2017, 05:25 AM   #1222

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
After having a blowout on our Fifth Wheel...and not even knowing --- I purchased a 6 sensor 507 system thru an Amazon reseller. I unfortunately didn't research this as much as I should have. That was July2015. In February2016 we moved to a Motorhome. I found it less expensive to purchase another 6 sensor system than to purchase additional sensors alone. We also purchased the repeater...(since we already had frustrating signal dropouts on our Fifth Wheel). That system was purchased Jan2016. I find myself spending a lot of time trying to get the sensors to read the correct pressure. One of my sensors highlighted the problem...by reading Zero...on a fully inflated tire. When I look inside the sensor...the plastic nipple designed to press the valve pin in has splayed.

I emailed TST...and was told by Steve Rosenthal that I had overtightened it...I should have backed out the tire valve 1/4 turn, and that Brass on this component was "not feasible" due to dissimilar metal corrosion. I was invited to call them if I wanted to PURCHASE a replacement.

Lemme think...buy another plastic nippled sensor for around $50 a pop...and continue to repeat as necessary??? Not really finding that to be the best decision.

I have no faith in their 507 sensor design. They have a 507SCE sensor that appears to have a "not feasible" brass nipple inside...but then I loose the capability to change out the batteries on my own.

With little searching I find EEZ Tire Systems T515 sensor uses a brass nipple, advertises much longer battery life, has user replaceable batteries...and they have addition sensors on sale for $38. Just sayin'... I've got more research to do. I'm not ready to get into a cycle of replacing $$$ components every year and a half...to have the ability to run back and forth rechecking tire pressures that are correct.
I have been trying to deal with multiple sensor failures since I bought the TST 507RV system about 3 years ago. I now have 2 more sensors that will not take air or read correctly on the tire gauge. I was just getting ready to start a thread on this topic when I found your post. I have been less than impressed with the design and performance of this system.

I called TST a few weeks ago about the sensor problem. I was told that the valve stem core needed to be replaced. I did this on the 2 bad sensors and had no positive results for my effort.

Replacing the battery is a challenge. The screws have very small heads and the o ring under the cover is very delicate. I have replaced more than one battery. It is common for me to find corrosion in the battery compartment.

I question the design even more so if the sensor can be installed "too tight". It is very easy to get torque on the sensor just by the relative size of the body vs the stem.

On my system, my first problem was with the monitor (which is very hard to view in normal daylight). The power jack separated from the circuit board. TST did send me a new monitor but the problem is still potentially there. The plug for the DC power cord is too long for the jack they used. It is easy to fulcrum the jack with a tug of the cord.

Overall I am not impressed with the design. When I have had the system components all working (has not happened often) I feel I am getting good data. I just wish I could count on having everything functioning each time I hit the road.

Rick Y
Old 03-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #1223
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's a surprise to read your having such a problem, while I have had basically zero problems with mine they the factory rep did mention I could have problems as I have wireless temperature sensors in the refrigerator and one for out side readings that could interfere with the tire sensors.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #1224

I just bought the 507-12 system, new, but not directly from you.

I am having trouble with two of the sensors so I called customer service.

They told me no warranty since not purchased from them.

Very disappointed.

Now, apparently, instead of a three year warranty like your website says I have no warranty.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #1225

From the discussions I have monitored over the last few months it would seem there has been a significant change in the customer service policy at TST. I seem to recall that they might have had a management shake up about a year ago. I bought their product based on great customer service remarks and not based on the product itself.

I bought the 507RV system two years ago and would rate the product at an 8. Response to my reports of non-linearity and discrepancies between sensor and actual pressure reading were pretty much ignored. Fortunately, the software program I use to calculate TPMS alarm points lets me set a plus/minus offset to compensate. Also, I too find the monitor very hard to read while driving; mainly due to high ambient light levels during the day. What ever happened to the new and improved "color" monitor that was supposed to be available many months ago?

I am getting ready to re-install my sensors for my seasonal trip back north and upon inspecting them have noted some "wear" of the plastic nipple that engages the valve core end.

If/when I have any sensor failures I will probably scrap the TST 507RV system in favor of another brand. Replacement sensor cost is absurd. There are a lot of TPMS choices to pick from in the marketplace.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:23 AM   #1226

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too am surprised at the problems some have with the TST systems. Mine has been perfectly reliable and easily maintainable over the six years I've owned the system. I use both types of valve stem sensors and haven't had a problem with either type. I take the non-flow through sensors on and off of my Toad regularly and have no problems with that either.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #1227

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the 507 flow through system, for most part I have been happy with them. I found out when changing the batteries in them you have to be careful or you can over tighten the screws.

With all the complaints lately I am surprised that Dan Covington hasn't made a post concerning the amount of complaints. He was the reason that I stayed with the TST, because he took a personal interest concerning his product on the board.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #1228

Didn't Dan leave the company a while ago?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #1229

Having problems with TST also.
Have a bad sensor. Sent it back to them for repair/replacement (even at my expense for replacement) and it's as if it disappeared into the black hole of Calcutta. That was 3 weeks ago and not a word or notification from them. USPS tracking said it was delivered to them.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Having problems with TST also.
Have a bad sensor. Sent it back to them for repair/replacement (even at my expense for replacement) and it's as if it disappeared into the black hole of Calcutta. That was 3 weeks ago and not a word or notification from them. USPS tracking said it was delivered to them.
I think the apparent down turn in customer service and warranty support on the part of TST are hallmark indicators of a company in trouble.

When was the last time we have seen a forum response from TST???

Dan Covington were are you...
Old 03-12-2017, 07:52 AM   #1231

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you replace the battery, make sure you REPLACE the O-ring gasket. They are not reusable. If you try and reuse them, you will find corrosion in your sensor the next time you open it up.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #1232
Community Administrator

Please see posts #1212 and #1213 if you're wondering what happened to your post. Your cooperation to keep this thread for the intended purpose is appreciated. A new thread should be started for unrelated topics.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread