Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #1261

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a question and spoke to one of the above mentioned ladies last week. She was very helpful and was heading into a meeting to find out about their new benefits package. Am glad I went with TST as they have been very helpful over the last two years that I have had their system, and I feel confident that will continue.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #1262
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegGrich View Post
We will be at the iRV2 International Rally in Branson, MO and we look forward to visiting with fellow RVers and answering any questions about our TPMS products there.
Peggy, I'm excited that you may be coming to Branson, MO for our International Rally. I already have TST penned into the Itinerary on Monday, September 18, 2017 at 10:00AM.

Thank you for those words about TST. Dan certainly has great reps supporting TST Products. I am looking forward to seeing you folks again.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 04-24-2017, 07:10 PM   #1263

PegGrich,
Your post was much-needed to shore up a building lack of confidence in TST/service.
I have had the system since about 2005, starting with 510s and going to the flo-thru 507s.
During that time, they have mostly worked well, but once in a while, one goes on the blink/I damage it--and used to get excellent reponse when contacting.
Bev has been very helpful, but I have yet to get a response in reasonable time by email.
Lets wait, watch and see how this plays out. I have recently gotten all 10 sensors back and looking forward to trying them out when I hit the road full-time.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
Old 04-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #1264

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegGrich View Post
My name is Jim and my wife Peggy and I work as Ambassadors on the road for Truck System Technologies (TST). We are going on our second year with the company and have had TST products for almost nine years on our motorhome and towed vehicle. We offer training and sales support all across the country. We also do after hours technical support. We live full time in our motorhome.

I have been looking at the posts for TST recently and I hope I can answer some of your questions and concerns. In the past couple of months, TST has had some growing pains. Some personnel have changed and the company, as a whole, is evolving.

The office staff in Cumming, Georgia now consists of two hard working ladies that have been with the company quite some time. If you do not get an immediate response to a voicemail or e-mail, please be patient. Not only do they take calls and e-mails but they also do billing, shipping and numerous other "jobs" to keep the company going. This can be frustrating as I am sure you can imagine.

Some of you may (or may not) know that TST has been acquired by a very large company called Pressure Systems International (PSI). This transaction happened April 1st. As Ambassadors to TST, we are thrilled at this marriage! PSI is a very well known company in the trucking industry, known mainly for their automatic tire equalization systems. They are a superior company when it comes to producing products that work well and have longevity. PSI demands an extremely low failure rate from any of their products and the TST TPMS units are no exception. They are already looking at the big picture and brainstorming how the TST products can be made even more reliable and just plain better! This marriage gives TST a new parent company that will improve all aspects of your dealings with them from a consumer viewpoint. As I said, we are excited about this merger and positive steps have already been put in place.

You must give the new company time to look at the areas of TST that need improvement and time to correct them. Everything takes time and TST will experience some growing pains. Please bear with us. TST is absolutely here to stay and you will see noticeable improvements in all the TPMS products as things progress.

Please note that there will be some times when our after hour support line will transfer to an answering machine instead of a "live" person in the evenings and on weekends until we can get more qualified personnel onboard.

Thank you for your support over the 11+ years we have been in business and all the staff looks forward to bringing you the best TPMS units and support in the industry!

We will be at the iRV2 International Rally in Branson, MO and we look forward to visiting with fellow RVers and answering any questions about our TPMS products there.
Thanks for the great update Jim and Peg. Peg... why do I associate you with MCD... perhaps no reason other than one of those moments.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #1265

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
is Dan still there in full capacity,or what ,also any news on new monitor. what happen to mike was real good on cust. support
Old 04-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #1266

Wonder how long before the "new and improved" TPMS will eclipse the 507 system, and support for our favorite will be dropped completely.

Such is our modern ways.........

{/pessimism}

Pop
Old 04-24-2017, 10:42 PM   #1267

Glad to hear things are progressing. My 510 system is less than 3 years old and I've had 1 sensor replaced under warranty and currently have 1 dead and one taking 30-60 minutes to start reading. I'm hoping something will be set up to replace faulty ones for less than $50 a crack.

Bob B.

2007 Winnebago Voyager 35L
1994 Saturn SW2
Old 04-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #1268
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks for the great update Jim and Peg. Peg... why do I associate you with MCD... perhaps no reason other than one of those moments.
You got it!
Old 05-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #1269

Monaco Owners Club
Last week I had the right front tire blow out on my Monaco Dynasty. Tires were 3 yrs. old. Have had the TST system on it for all three years. Did not hit anything either.

ABSOLUTELY NO warning whatsoever!! But it did alarm after the blowout. Eliminates checking tires everyday day but that is all.

Did not live up to its billing of a warning system!!!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #1270

Forest River Owners Club
TST is not my choice, but I will say that no tpms system can warn you about a pending sudden catastropic failure type blowout UNLESS there is heat involved, which is not likely unless it is due to being under-inflated and/or over-loaded. All a tpms can monitor is psi and temp.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #1271

There is nothing that can warn of catastrophic failure!! But a TPMS can warn you of air loss that you might not know is going on that can lead to a 'run-low' failure.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #1272
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by iahsatcs View Post
The TST TPMS has no intuitive circuitry that can determine the immediate demise of a tire such as a blow-out. There are NO TPMS systems that can determine that type failure before hand unless there are telltale signs such as low pressure & corresponding heat.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahsatcs View Post
Last week I had the right front tire blow out on my Monaco Dynasty. Tires were 3 yrs. old. Have had the TST system on it for all three years. Did not hit anything either.

ABSOLUTELY NO warning whatsoever!! But it did alarm after the blowout. Eliminates checking tires everyday day but that is all.

Was anyone able to confirm the cause of the blowout? The TPMS will warn you of high heat or pressure loss but there can be no warning for sudden blow out.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #1274

I had a puncture to the side wall on our 5th wheel, I pulled over as soon as the tst alarm went off, there was still plenty of air in the tire as checked it. It had a loose flap of rubber. I had previously torn a lot of the side of the same trailer with a flat with out the tst. Aftet That I purchased the tst and a couple days after the install found one tire low, turned out the previous blow out was caused by a small leak in the rim, slowly loosing air.
Closed Thread