Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #561
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also have the 510 system that I purchased 1 1/2 years ago. When it works, it is great. I may not be as positive on the overall reliability of the components as some others. In the time I've had the system, I've had 5 of the original 10 sensors fail and one failure of the monitor itself. In fact, TST just sent me (free of charge) three new replacement sensors today.

So, maybe I've just been unlucky. I will say their response to calls and customer support has been excellent.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by so47 View Post
Too many positive posts about this company and their product for me to buy any other system. Ordered mine today. Peace of mind is priceless.
Smart move for the right reason!

Pop
Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #563

Just ordered the 507 for my rig and tow. Have to find a place for the repeater. Next item on the list to buy, a deer guard.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I tapped off of the 12V AUX line for my trailer lights. You could tap off of the charging line at either at the connector or pin box. If I remember correctly, it only draws ~40ma, with a surge to ~65ma every 10-20 seconds. I double sided taped it up on the MH frame rails.
After much over-thinking, I settled for the easiest way.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #565

Thor Owners Club
Just ordered the 507's today as well. They already shipped. sweet!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #566

It seems that you guys favor the 507, should I buy any extras the basic set up? Do you guys buy direct from the manufacturer?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #567

Send a message via Yahoo to poplejeune
Hello Dan, I'm one click away from getting the TST. I have read almost all these threads looking for two answers to the questions I'm about to ask. Could you are anyone give me feedback. I have a 2011 Chevy 4-door with 8' bed pulling a 41' voltage toy hauler with triple axel.
1st-Will your monitor pick up the rear tires, or will I need a repeater/amp?
2nd-How long do the batteries last?
What won me over is all the response about customer service. I look forward to doing business with you and your company.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #568

Country Coach Owners Club
Just installed the TST 507 system on our DP and used long valve stems purchased from Myers Tire Supply to eliminate the feeder hoses that were on the rear duals. You can air right through the sensors with no grief and setting up the system is easy. The only minor concern I have with the monitor is that it has a mounting system that I find flimsey in design. The kit does come with the flexible suction cup too if that is the way you want to install the monitor. My preference was to hard wire it to the ignition rather than using the cigar lighter setup as I wanted it flush mounted on the dash and the screen showing the two front tires on the top and the four rears on the bottom. It comes with a fused hard wire setup but in the final analysis the battery seems to hold a decent charge so maybe what I did was not necessary.

They are great people and very helpful on the phone if you get lost in setting up the system. On a side note, I have an analog and pencil type tire pressure guage and I trust the TST psi numbers more than the two guages which showed two different readings on the same tire(s).
Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #569
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Good afternoon everyone!

Thank you all for your comments. With regard to replacing the rechargeable monitor battery, if you will contact us, we are happy to send you a replacement battery for your monitor.

I have been out of town for a little while welcoming my new grandson into the world, and was quite pre-occupied.

Please just give us a call (770) 889-9102 or email me dcovington@tsttruck.com and we will gladly send you a replacement.

Thank you, and thank you all for the kind posts regarding my grandson's birth.

Travel in safety!

Dan Covington
TST
President
Just wanted to update the situation I had. TST stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park, so to speak, with support. They helped me far more than I either hoped for or expected, given that the unit was out of warranty. FIVE thumbs up out of five......
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #570

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flow through sensors

I have the 507 system, I am looking into changing the sensors that came with my purchase to the flow through sensors. I have a couple of questions for the members that have the 507 and made the change to flow through sensors. Have you seen an increase in the time it takes to air up your tires? Also when programing the new sensors did you have to delete the information about the old sensors or did the new sensors program over the old information?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #571

I myself have not aired up both systems for a comparison but I can't see why it would any longer.
You do have to delete the old sensor codes before programing the new flow thru sensors just as you would any replacement sensor. Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
I have the 507 system, I am looking into changing the sensors that came with my purchase to the flow through sensors. I have a couple of questions for the members that have the 507 and made the change to flow through sensors. Have you seen an increase in the time it takes to air up your tires? Also when programing the new sensors did you have to delete the information about the old sensors or did the new sensors program over the old information?
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #572

This may be a dumb question, but here goes.

Do you put sensors on the toad tires also?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post

Simple answer yes.

I tow a Smart car. The left front tire blew completly off the car and we did not notice it in the 2 rear view Cameras we have, nor did I notice any operational effect with the tire gone I was notified by another driver who was almost hit by my flying tire,

At the time, I had external TPMS sensors on my RV but not on the toad, I bought 4 more sensors for my toad so now I monitor 10 sensors. Works for me.

Toad tires were in excellent shape (11K Mi on them). Pressure was good when I hooked up (Toad has internal TPMs) yet 30mi down the road the tire blew. Must have been damaged leaving the campground or picked up something on the road and the air was lost and the rest was history.

Feel better with having this additional safety feature, But still look at tires at every stop,
Old 03-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #574
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post

I put sensors on my toad tires as well. I had 2 sudden pressure losses detected by my monitor that saved my aluminum wheels. I had a blow out on a toad one time that I never noticed in the coach. A motorist stopped me and told me my R/F tire was gone on my car. It looked good in the backup monitor and towed like normal. That was the decision maker for purchasing my TTS system. I can tell if I lose a tire on the coach but not the toad.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Closed Thread