Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #673
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Anybody have a picture of what the TST flow thru sensors look like when mounted on a Class A with the metal valve stems? I'd like to see how big they look and how much they stick out on say the front wheel and how they fit with the dual tires. I have a Spartan Chassis but I think a couple pics of any MH would be appreciated.
Sorry you missed this article:

Truck Systems Technologies Provides “Easy” Solution

Check out all the entries on our front page at www.irv2.com
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #674

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #675

What can be done to fix a 507 unit that does not hold its setting after a period of about 2 months? I've sent it back to TST and still have the same problem when I got it back.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #676

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrian View Post
What can be done to fix a 507 unit that does not hold its setting after a period of about 2 months? I've sent it back to TST and still have the same problem when I got it back.
Can you describe the problem in more detail. Exactly what is the malfunction.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 07-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #677

Monaco Owners Club
Send it back again and tell them that they either FIX it or send you a new one. And don't send it back to you UNTIL it has been fixed and VERIFIED.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #678

I think if it doesn't work it should be in the land fill.
chevman
Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #679

I agree with Greystroke. If you tell us exactly what is happening, we might be able to help.
Are the sensors on all the time or do you take them off when you aren't traveling.
Do you just not get a reading of the PSI & temp or is the little rectangle that is at the tire position gone.
Is it all of the sensors or just one?
What did they tell you was the issue when you returned it the 1st time and was it the monitor or just a sensor? Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrian View Post
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
Can you describe the problem in more detail. Exactly what is the malfunction.
The tire pressure settings go back to the factory settings so when I turn the unit on it goes into high pressure alarm when the first sensor sends its reading. It will alarm until I reset the pressure settings.

When I sent it in before for repair it was having problems reading some of the sensors and was losing its settings then also. The unit reads every tire now. When I got it back I set it up in the mh and it seemed to work fine. Now, about two months later, and here we go again with it losing its pressure settings.

The mh sensors stay on and the toad are installed as needed. The toad was just reinstalled.

TST did not say what they found when I sent it in. I sent in the entire system, 10 tires. They did replace the toad sensors and a couple of the mh sensors.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #681

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Understand a little better now.

The default pressure alarm readings for each tire is 175 for the high pressure and 100 for the low pressure. (the temp alarm default is 158F and TST recommends using this value)

So after setting up each of the 10 sensors for desired psi alarms and you push and hold SET. Now you go back in with the mode button to insure and double check your alarm settings. Then power off.

So some time later you turn the monitor back on only to find that the alarm values have reverted to 175 and 100 PSI. Is that correct??

You said that the high pressure alarm came on indicating that actual pressure was above default value of 175???
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #682

I have a really great guy that I work with at TST and I felt he could help you out so I forwarded this thread to him in the hopes he can take care of you. Di

[QUOTE=mcbrian;1634060]
Quote:
Can you describe the problem in more detail. Exactly what is the malfunction.[/QUO TE]

The tire pressure settings go back to the factory settings so when I turn the unit on it goes into high pressure alarm when the first sensor sends its reading. It will alarm until I reset the pressure settings.

When I sent it in before for repair it was having problems reading some of the sensors and was losing its settings then also. The unit reads every tire now. When I got it back I set it up in the mh and it seemed to work fine. Now, about two months later, and here we go again with it losing its pressure settings.

The mh sensors stay on and the toad are installed as needed. The toad was just reinstalled.

TST did not say what they found when I sent it in. I sent in the entire system, 10 tires. They did replace the toad sensors and a couple of the mh sensors.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #683

Quote:
Understand a little better now.

The default pressure alarm readings for each tire is 175 for the high pressure and 100 for the low pressure. (the temp alarm default is 158F and TST recommends using this value)

So after setting up each of the 10 sensors for desired psi alarms and you push and hold SET. Now you go back in with the mode button to insure and double check your alarm settings. Then power off.

So some time later you turn the monitor back on only to find that the alarm values have reverted to 175 and 100 PSI. Is that correct??

You said that the high pressure alarm came on indicating that actual pressure was above default value of 175???
Well, actually no. When I got the unit back from TST the default values where changed to much lower settings. I don't have my notes with me because I'm on the road. But, yes after completing the setup and confirming the new values, the unit reverts back to the new factory settings.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #684

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Di can help you get to the right person since she routinely deals with the company. Bottom line, if you put in your custom alarm settings for pressure and they change without reason then the monitor needs to be replaced....no brainer.

Hopefully Di will have some one respond to this thread and help with the exchange.

When I purchased mine from Di I had a problem with the battery and TST immediately sent me another monitor. My pressure alarms have not changed since the day I put it into service.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #685

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I have the 510 system and the readings of the press and temp do not go in order. Seems they just jump around. Have not been able to figure our any kind of patent in what sensor will be next. Has anyone else had this problem?
Was at the rally last year and spoke with the sales person there. He changed our the monitor and some sensors but did not correct it.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #686

[QUOTE=mcbrian;1634060]
Quote:
Can you describe the problem in more detail. Exactly what is the malfunction.[/QUO TE]

Good afternoon Sir,

Whenever we receive equipment in for servicing and evaluation, we put the system through some very detailed tests.

We test and evaluate all facets of the system. Please give us a call so we can get this issue resolved.

We take these matters very seriously, and without knowing your identity, we cannot even look into the records to advise you.

The problem sounds like you might be running a 507 system, and upon completion of programming, you may not be properly saving your settings.

Please give us a call or email me and we will get this corrected for you.

We apologize for the issue, and we will make this right.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
Closed Thread