Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #715

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBolin View Post
I have to admit I purchased the TST 507's today based solely on this discussion forum. It's so refreshing to see so many positive comments of the TST system and the support from TST in such a public forum. :-)
Totally! Agreed. I ordered mine and they arrived today.

I also appreciate the way that Dan (TST's CEO) has supported iRV2. He was the first, or at least one of the first, vendors to step up and sponsor a TST system as a door prize at this years iRV2 annual rally. Come to the rally and you may just win a system.

I was looking at several options out there. But TST has shown me that they are ready to stand behind me with a solid product and second to none customer service. That made my decision on which TPMS I wanted on my RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #716

Hello All,

We are trying to entice followers on Facebook. Please like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tsttruck?ref=hl

Please check us out and let us know what you think.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
770 889 9102
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #717

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Hello All,

We are trying to entice followers on Facebook. Please like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tsttruck?ref=hl

Thank you!

Dan Covington
CEO
770 889 9102
Nice cover!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #718

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Hello All,

Thank you!

Dan Covington
CEO
770 889 9102
OK, did that as well as ordered the 507 RV system.

One thing nice is that you can mix the flow through sensors with the cap type. On our rig the flow throughs would stick out too far on front tires but would be fine on the rears so I ordered 2 caps and 4 flow throughs
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #719

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
OK, did that as well as ordered the 507 RV system.

One thing nice is that you can mix the flow through sensors with the cap type. On our rig the flow throughs would stick out too far on front tires but would be fine on the rears so I ordered 2 caps and 4 flow throughs
Hi Mr_D,

I did that as well, except for the toad, 6 flow through for the rig, four cap type for the toad.

My understanding is that the batteries for the cap type are not user replaced though, but they are supposed to last for several years. I understand that you need to return them to have the battery replaced.

Where as the flow through are user serviceable, but the battery may last only about a year.

Maybe Dan will correct me if I stated anything incorrect.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #720

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The new cap type also have user replaceable batteries, I hope that's what I get.

The cost of sending sensors in and paying for them again was one reason I quit selling/handling the Pressure Pro units.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #721

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Hi Mr_D,

I did that as well, except for the toad, 6 flow through for the rig, four cap type for the toad.

My understanding is that the batteries for the cap type are not user replaced though, but they are supposed to last for several years. I understand that you need to return them to have the battery replaced.

Where as the flow through are user serviceable, but the battery may last only about a year.

Maybe Dan will correct me if I stated anything incorrect.
The 510RV system comes with the cap sensors with non-user replaceable batteries, the 507RV that I ordered has the user replaceable batteries on all sensors, even the cap ones according to the TST web site. But maybe that's wrong and the web site needs changing. Guess I'll find out as they were going to try and ship them yet today.
I also ordered the repeater as I needed one for the old Pressure Pro system I had. Seems like Newmar adds extra bracing around the rear axle and, apparently it blocks the signals. Or at least that's what Spartan said about Newmar units.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #722

Carolina Campers
Great! I hope you are correct.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The 510RV system comes with the cap sensors with non-user replaceable batteries, the 507RV that I ordered has the user replaceable batteries on all sensors, even the cap ones according to the TST web site. But maybe that's wrong and the web site needs changing. Guess I'll find out as they were going to try and ship them yet today.
I also ordered the repeater as I needed one for the old Pressure Pro system I had. Seems like Newmar adds extra bracing around the rear axle and, apparently it blocks the signals. Or at least that's what Spartan said about Newmar units.
Hello All,

Please allow me to clarify this point. The 507 cap sensors do feature a user replaceable CR1632 battery as do the 507 Flow Through Sensors.

The 510 system features the five year military grade battery, which must be replaced at our facilities here.

The 507 and the 507 flow through sensors will work together on the same rig, and are interchangeable because they all operate using a 6 digit alpha numeric code.

The 510 sensors cannot be used with a 507 system because these sensors operate using a four digit code.

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
TST
770 889 9102
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #724

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My 507 system is working perfectly. I turn it on as part of my pre-start checks, within a few minutes I have a complete status of both my coach and toad tires. On the road, it's peace of mind ... it will even detect the tires on the sunny side of the rig getting warmer than those in the shade!

I went with a repeater, mounted in the rear bathroom, and flow through units on the coach, cap type sensors on the toad. The cap type are marginally lighter (less potential for imbalance) plus they're really easy to remove once we park the coach, using the tool provided. My understanding is once they're removed, there is no battery drain, so hopefully I won't need to change the batteries as often as those on the flow through units.

A really good system - performs as advertised!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #725

Dan, do the flow through sensors go to sleep when they are off the tire?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #726

Evergreen Owners Club
so far great system and great customer support

mike
Old 09-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #727

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Great! I hope you are correct.
Well, Dan answered the question. If you have the 507 system (6 digit code) then the cap type are user serviceable. Great!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #728

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked already. But with over 50 pages on this thread, I did not want to read every entry.

Question: Are stem extenders needed for the tires (back or front)? We have 22.5" wheels. I know just adding air has its moments, but was curious with the "stem monitors" added how much less space I'd have to work with when adding air.

I am looking at the TST 507 system.

THANKS to all for any info.
Closed Thread