Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #911
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCalif View Post
All set with my TST 507. Installed new tires and internal sensors on my 40ft 5th wheel by Less Schwab. Can't afford to get sensors for my dually at this time, but my main concern was my 5th wheel..
Sounds like a sensible plan.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #912

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just left the National rally at Myrtle Beach. I can't thank Mike enough for solving my issue with the inside duals not reading. He climbed under my bus with a broken hand I might add, solved the issue and thanked me as he drove away. Great company!!
Old 09-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #913

I'm only running with four of mine right now. Short of removing tires any ideas on installing the monitors on stem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	75233  
Old 09-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #914

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use a 180 degree valve stem extender which works well for my flow through sensors.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #915

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Just left the National rally at Myrtle Beach. I can't thank Mike enough for solving my issue with the inside duals not reading. He climbed under my bus with a broken hand I might add, solved the issue and thanked me as he drove away. Great company
Clay what did Mike do to solve your problem with the inside duals? It might help someone else with the same problem. :thumb
Old 09-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #916

Fleetwood Owners Club
The issue with our inside duals= the sensors would not read with the original Spartan valve extensions, I was directed to another type of extenders, they also did not work. Mike simply removed the valve extenders on the inside duals, their was ample room to attach the flow thru 507's and with my Milton air chuck I can inflate thru the outside dual rim. They work perfectly and the only hassle is taking off the valve cover to inflate but it's very doable. Hope this helps as most inside duals with 22.5 size tires will accommodate this installation.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #917

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
The issue with our inside duals= the sensors would not read with the original Spartan valve extensions, I was directed to another type of extenders, they also did not work. Mike simply removed the valve extenders on the inside duals, their was ample room to attach the flow thru 507's and with my Milton air chuck I can inflate thru the outside dual rim. They work perfectly and the only hassle is taking off the valve cover to inflate but it's very doable. Hope this helps as most inside duals with 22.5 size tires will accommodate this installation.
Clay thanks for the information, I have the 507 flow thru and the same problem with my inside duals, I will see if it works on mine.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #918

The inner duals seem to be a major problem for a lot of us and I had the same issues of not registering pressures. My issue was the Freightliner Haltech stems where the valve core was on the low end of tolerance and had to be replaced because they didn't make proper contact.

Replaced the cores and the 507's have worked since.

My latest issue is that the inners read 5 psi higher than the outer. Could it relate to the outer aluminum wheels vs. the inner steel wheels?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #919

Just traveled from Brigham City UT to Portland OR with my new Maxxis M8008 tires and new TST internal sensors on my 40ft 5th wheel, repeater installed in front cabinet and had a wonderful and safe trip. Very much unlike my trip from Portland to Brigham City where I had 3 tires go bad on me. Was able to monitor my RV tires all the way back and felt safe. Thanks Dan, Mike and the rest at TST.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #920
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had the 510 system for several years and I have been very happy with the system. I have had to replace some sensors but I believe that is normal for the time. I purchased a couple of rebuilt sensors and one needs the little O-ring replaced. I have never had to change one. I have some spares that Dan gave me when I purchased my system. If anyone has changed an O-ring how do you get the old one out? I was thinking of a small screw driver or a crochet hook. Thanks in advance for your reply;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 10-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #921

Monaco Owners Club
TST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I'm only running with four of mine right now. Short of removing tires any ideas on installing the monitors on stem.
Maybe some valve extensions that brings both stems back to the hub?
Thanks
Mike Benson
Old 10-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #922

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Clay thanks for the information, I have the 507 flow thru and the same problem with my inside duals, I will see if it works on mine.
Call me with any questions you may have
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 10-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #923

Winnebago Owners Club
I am a convert and staunch supporter of TPMS regardless of brands. We put a system on at the dealers. Within 4,000 miles we picked up a nail in the tag. We would have ruined a tire except for the losing air warning of the TPMS. We were able to get divert to a local town where we had the tire repaired. Without the system warning we would have driven another 500 miles before stopping for the night.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #924

mike brez,
The stems are rotatable 360d if needed--perhaps that would position the stem where you can install the sensor? That is what I did with the outers on my 450--inners I have a 4" fiberglass extension that is working very well.
Just realized you have a MH? Maybe the stems don't rotate, don't know.

Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
Closed Thread