Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
mike brez,
The stems are rotatable 360d if needed--perhaps that would position the stem where you can install the sensor? That is what I did with the outers on my 450--inners I have a 4" fiberglass extension that is working very well.
Just realized you have a MH? Maybe the stems don't rotate, don't know.

Joe
I have 22.5 Alcoa wheels and the aluminum stems on the outer duals point inward through the holes in the wheel. The stems have a hex lock nut and it would have made it much easier to rotate the stems 90 degrees but the RV Service Manager, where I bought the MH said they don't rotate. I took him at his word since I didn't want to create a problem. I used 180 degree adapters which I had to reform slightly to mount the sensors. It works but creates another potential leak point.

Bob B.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #926
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bainbridge here's sending you a belated

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 10-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainbridge View Post
I have 22.5 Alcoa wheels and the aluminum stems on the outer duals point inward through the holes in the wheel. The stems have a hex lock nut and it would have made it much easier to rotate the stems 90 degrees but the RV Service Manager, where I bought the MH said they don't rotate. I took him at his word since I didn't want to create a problem. I used 180 degree adapters which I had to reform slightly to mount the sensors. It works but creates another potential leak point.

Bob B.
Does this relocate it to another hole in the rim?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Does this relocate it to another hole in the rim?
Sorry for delay - I'm out of town for 2 weeks. No I had to flatten the 180 adapter a bit but it comes back out of the same hole. The holes are about 2 inches wide.
Bob B.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #929

Sounds like we have the same rims.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #930

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy everyone,

Well another item crossed off the "Bucket List", the wife and I have purchased a motor home.

It is a 2002 Dutch Star with less than 12K On the odometer. Never used, very clean, and has been checked out at Freightliner with no major issues. So we are "Happy Campers" as they say.

The coach does have a new set of tires and being somewhat knowledgable about keeping cars looking new and running well, I will keep them well maintained and covered.

I believe tires are the most important part of a vehicle, so with this said, I will be installing a tire pressure monitoring system.

I have settled on a TST system and would like to know the difference between the 507 Flow-Through and 510 systems.

Thaks in advance for your thoughts........

Angie and Glenn
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #931

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Howdy everyone,

Well another item crossed off the "Bucket List", the wife and I have purchased a motor home.

It is a 2002 Dutch Star with less than 12K On the odometer. Never used, very clean, and has been checked out at Freightliner with no major issues. So we are "Happy Campers" as they say.

The coach does have a new set of tires and being somewhat knowledgable about keeping cars looking new and running well, I will keep them well maintained and covered.

I believe tires are the most important part of a vehicle, so with this said, I will be installing a tire pressure monitoring system.

I have settled on a TST system and would like to know the difference between the 507 Flow-Through and 510 systems.

Angie and Glenn
The main difference is the 510 system does not come with a flow through option... meaning you must remove them to add or remove air from your tire.

What I recently found to be useful about my 507s is that the batteries can be changed, whereas the 510s must be returned to TST to replace the batteries.

Now, the 510s are supposed to last 5 years or so and the 507's batteries only last 10 to 12 months, but changing the batteries on the 507s is easy! OBTW, the two are NOT compatible with each others' systems.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #932

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmmw View Post
The main difference is the 510 system does not come with a flow through option... meaning you must remove them to add or remove air from your tire.

What I recently found to be useful about my 507s is that the batteries can be changed, whereas the 510s must be returned to TST to replace the batteries.

Now, the 510s are supposed to last 5 years or so and the 507's batteries only last 10 to 12 months, but changing the batteries on the 507s is easy! OBTW, the two are NOT compatible with each others' systems.
Ah - - - makes sense, thanks emmmw!

g
Old 11-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #933

New 507 TPMS Not working

I installed my kit Friday and can not seem to get it working. After the install 3 of the 6 sensors sent readings and 3 did not. Today when I went out to remove and reinstall like it says on the web site none of them are working. I removed and replaced 2 of them but still no luck. I will try to contact TST tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #934

I have a 507 flow through system. I tried to install new sensors on my 2013 Jeep unlimited sahara edition. the brass shoulder on the valve stem will not allowthe sensor 2 height without leaking air. has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?
Old 11-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #935

There are several differences between the 2 systems and part of them have been discussed here. [moderator edit] Hugs, Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Howdy everyone,

Angie and Glenn
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #936

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfauto View Post
I installed my kit Friday and can not seem to get it working. After the install 3 of the 6 sensors sent readings and 3 did not. Today when I went out to remove and reinstall like it says on the web site none of them are working. I removed and replaced 2 of them but still no luck. I will try to contact TST tomorrow or Tuesday.
Frank please post what you find out from TST on why some of the sensors are not showing up. I have the flow through 507 and I have similar problems. On my last trip I went from all six showing up to only 4 showing up. Never changed anything they just stopped showing up. I have a repeater for the system I am going to install when the weather gets warmer. I don’t think it will change anything but want hurt to install and see what happens.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #937
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Frank please post what you find out from TST on why some of the sensors are not showing up. I have the flow through 507 and I have similar problems. On my last trip I went from all six showing up to only 4 showing up. Never changed anything they just stopped showing up. I have a repeater for the system I am going to install when the weather gets warmer. I don’t think it will change anything but want hurt to install and see what happens.
How long have your batteries been in?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 11-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #938

Monaco Owners Club
Apprehensive potential customer

I'm doing some extensive steering and suspension upgrades and am due for tire replacement. I REALLY don't like the idea of screwing devices on valve stems that increase potential for leakage. I'm in total agreement with Theberrys who posted #72 to say he had way more leak downs with them than without. I wanted the Bendix SmarTire internal TPMS system, but alas, we RVers are no longer worthy to buy their product. In the 67 pages of this forum, only GoodbyeCalif has reported on the TST internal sensor system. Very nearly every other respondent applauds TST for exemplary customer support in replacing faulty components. That's great, but what I look for in a product is reliability. I want to buy components that work great from day one and last a long time. I want to buy things that don't need customer support. With an internal system, it's a big deal to replace a sensor that decides to flake out. In effect, an inoperative internal sensor renders the system worthless. I'm okay with that at 7 years when I need new tires again, but not before. I want to join this club of believers, but I just haven't seen enough encouraging evidence. Does the super support cover labor costs to replace failed internal sensors? I'd bet not. Maybe I need some trucking company experience testimonials.
Closed Thread