Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
TST's Dan Covington To Host TPMS Technical Chat

TST to Host Its Inaugural Technical Chat

You are cordially invited to join the fun in the Technical Chat Room in regard to Truck Systems Technology (TST), Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS). The chat will be hosted by Dan Covington, a TSTs owner and principal officer.

The Chat will be held on Wednesday evening, June 23rd, 2010 at 9:00p.m. Eastern.

I hope to see you there! I'm sure that current TST owners and folks that want to know more about TPMS will want to attend.

I want to thank Dan for the time that he will dedicate for the Chat and I'm sure that it'll be a big success!

See you there!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
looking forward to it.....!

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dan was a great help when I first bought his system. Customer service doesn't get better than that.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm also looking forward to it. I have the system and have had problems that I hope he can inform me about fixing.

Thanks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also plan to log on if I possible. I purchased my TST from Dan and I am happy with it.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hey Guys just a reminder to tune in for the TST Chat tomorrow 6/23 at 9:00PM Eastern.

The event will be held in the RV Technical Chat Room.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm in the market for a good system - I hope Ron will discuss the new 507 system. I want to learn how it compares to the 510. I know the 507 sensors have replaceable batteries, but would like to learn more.

It would also be nice if the 507 system went on sale, maybe like the 510 is now.

See y'all tonight . . .
Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
That was great! Thanks to all involved.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Dan, I want to compliment you for participating in your first RV Technical Chat yesterday evening and I as well as many iRV2 members are looking forward to our next event!

Thank you!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm having a challenge with my 2 outside tires pressure and temp not showing up. I just recently puy new tires on my RV. I changed senors an still no reading. All of the other senors (4) are working fine. Ihave a total of 6 tires . Can you please help me with this

THK'S
istumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by istumpy View Post
I'm having a challenge with my 2 outside tires pressure and temp not showing up. I just recently puy new tires on my RV. I changed senors an still no reading. All of the other senors (4) are working fine. Ihave a total of 6 tires . Can you please help me with this

THK'S
Thoughit's already a long thread, and you are waaaaayyyyy behind, this thread is worth reading about TST TPMS:
TST TPMS Systems

Pop
Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by istumpy View Post

THK'S
It sounds like you had 6 working sensors to start with...correct? I'm not sure I understand what you have done to trouble shoot so forgive me if you have done this but...

When I was setting up my system I had to do some trouble shooting. What I did was use the SAME sensor and program each each wheel to the same sensor. That, in effect, removed sensor locations from all wheels except for the last one. I was starting over on purpose.

Now...this was a tricky part until I figured it out but I recommend you do NOT try to program your TPMS from the kitchen table. LOL In other words, don't try to put all your sensors next to each other and program each one. I found that even though I was holding the targeted sensor right next to the controller, 1 or 2 sensors on the table would be stronger and override the one in my hand. So, I found that I would put all my sensors in a pile at least 10' away from my rig then 1 by 1 I would take a sensor, go the the wheel it was to be attached to and then program it. In the case of the duals, I would be at least 5' away from that wheel set when I programmed the second sensor for that dual set. I haven't had a problem programming the sensors since.

How do you know if this is your problem? You will notice that a programmed wheel drops off the display for reasons you can't figure out.

Now, if this is no where near your problem (you have 6 tires on the monitor) then PUNT! A couple thoughts here. Did you move your monitor to a new location? You could consider a repeater also.

I still notice that occasionally I lose connection between my monitor and a back wheel sensor. I will probably go ahead and add a repeater because of that and for when I add a toad too.

Good Luck!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flow through sensors

I have the TST 507 system, one of the sensors has failed and Dan recommended some ideas to see if I could get it to work if not he would send a replacement. After trying Dan suggestions the sensor still fail to read the accurate PSI. I am thinking of going to the flow through sensors that Dan now has. After doing some research I have read that the airing the tires with the flow through sensors on the tire is slow and removing the sensors is best for airing the tire up. If you have the flow through sensors do you have this problem? Would appreciate any comments on your results with using the flow through sensors. If filling the tire up with the flow through sensors is a PITA I will stay with the regular sensors that go with the 507 system. The reason I wanted the flow through was so I didnít have to mess with removing the sensors.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #14

The other evening, as I was going outside to shut down everything for the night, I heard a "beep, beep, beep" coming from within the trailer. I thought that perhaps something (like stale air?) had set off the carbon monoxide sensor, so I opened the door to air it out.

Lo and behold, it was the 507's monitor telling me that one of the tires had fallen below the "Low" threshold, to 44 pounds (cold is 50 for me). Good to know, but I just shut off the monitor. It runs off the television +12-volt plug anytime the rig is in the driveway and plugged into shore power (almost all the time).

This morning I fired up the air compressor to "top off" all the pressures.

Easy-peasy to use the lock to remove all four sensors, fill the tires, and pop them back on. It will also tell me soon-enough if I haven't gotten them properly tightened and thus sealed.

After finding an initial problem with the outer threads on my steel stems themselves, this TST-507 has been completely trouble-free.

I LOVE this system!

Pop

Tags
tpms, tst