Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #1

Two ways to remove water spots on your RV

Here at McKee's RV, we offer two approaches for removing stubborn water spots on your RV's exterior finishes.

What are water spots anyway?
Water spots occur because calcium and magnesium stay on the surface after the water evaporates. If left on the surface too long, water spots will etch unsightly rings into the surface that are nearly impossible to remove short of using a heavy cut compound. McKee’s RV Water Spot Remover provides a quick solution so easy to use that water spots can be safely wiped away in a matter of seconds, eliminating the chance of long term damage.

We have a spray on water spot remover, and a water spot remover gel. Pick your poison.

McKee’s RV Water Spot Remover

McKee’s RV Water Spot Remover is a non-abrasive, spray-on chemical cleaner dissolves water spot causing mineral deposits. This unique formula safely removes topical water spots without the need to use caustic acids or abrasive compounds. McKee’s RV Water Spot Remover is safe for all hard exterior surfaces including wheels, glass, chrome, paint, gel coat and fiberglass. It also works great for removing hard water stains from indoor showers. The Spray on and wipe off formula is easy enough that anyone can do it.

Simply spray on and wipe off to remove water spots!

It even works great for cleaning lime and scum from showers. Left side has been cleaned with McKee's RV while the ride side has not.

McKee’s RV Water Spot Remover Gel

McKee’s RV Water Spot Remover Gel is a thick cleaner that breaks up and dissolves stubborn water spots and mineral deposits on contact. This non-abrasive gel will not scour or haze delicate surfaces and is safe for use on paint, gel coat, fiberglass, chrome, glass, and any other hard non-porous surface on or in your RV. Using a non-abrasive approach helps preserve the affected surface.

Thick gel formula dissolves stubborn water spots

Pick up both products along with a handful of towels and applicators in this money-saving kit..

McKee's RV Water Spot Remover Duo

The Water Spot Duo contains everything you need to keep your RV water spot free. Featuring two water spot remover formulas along with the applicators and towels needed to effectively use them, water spots will be a thing of the past! Use the thick gel formula for stubborn water spots, and the spray-on formula for everyday use. Both formulas are safe and easy to use, making them the ideal choice for use on your RV. The Water Spot Duo helps you keep water spots at bay the easy way!

McKees RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #2

I just hook up my portable water softener and use that water to wash my RV

No water spots to contend with.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
I just hook up my portable water softener and use that water to wash my RV

No water spots to contend with.
That's great way to prevent water spots in a controlled environment. When you're out on the open road, it's not so easy.

We carry the complete line of CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems that not only prevent water spots during the wash process, but allow for a true spot free rinse!

CR Spotless Water Systems are portable de-ionization units that produce clean, ultra-purified water for washing your car, boat, motorcycle, or RV. Water purified by the CR Spotless Water Systems contains no minerals and therefore leaves no water spots! Now you can wash you vehicle, spot free rinse, and walk away. No water spots will appear. CR Spotless Water Systems provide the ultimate spot-free car wash!

Old 04-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #4

I think our water spots are under some kind of coating. Could it be that somebody applied wax/polish over old water spots? And what to do in case like this to clean them?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laara View Post
I think our water spots are under some kind of coating. Could it be that somebody applied wax/polish over old water spots? And what to do in case like this to clean them?
It sounds like the water spots on your RV are etched into the surface, not topical like these two products are designed to remove.

For that reason you'll want to use our One-Step Compound, Polish & Wax. It will:
  • Remove the water spots / oxidation / swirl marks
  • Polish to a high gloss
  • Add a durable coat of protection

...in one step.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:22 AM   #6

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #7

Just tried your water spot kit and I used the gel on my windows following the instructions on bottle and it didn't faze the water spots. I tried four times on the same spot with lots of elbow grease. Could I get some more pointers.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:57 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have had success with window spotting by rubbing the window with a cut lemon.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #9

I had really bad spots on my windows. I used Bar Keepers Friend and a scotch brite pad. I am now spot free. Also took care of water spots on my aluminum wheels.

2007 HR Navigator 525 Cummins, 2010 Dodge Journey, ReadyBrute Elite
Northernaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #10

I will try some of the other remadys but I was hoping that MCkees RV that sold the kit to me would support his expensive product and help me.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Water spots and streaks on exterior decals

I have just taken ownership of my 2014 Thor ACE 29.2. I spent all day Saturday washing and waxing it. I was able to get the gel coat on the fiberglass to come back shiny including the decals that are on it from the factory but the front of the RV decals are streaked and stained. Will this product work on my decals? If not, has anyone else been able to remove the stains on their decals? If so, what did you use?

Tags
water