Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #29

Can your cleaner wax and wax products be used in the sunshine?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyderwheels View Post
I'm surprised that no one has raised the issue of the cleaner/polish qualities of this product. My coach is only two years old and I keep it polished two times a year as well as regular washings. I never use a product with any abrasive qualities because I believe it will eventually degrade the clear coat and finally, the paint. I'd rather spend the extra time up front keeping it clean and waxed than risk damaging the finish with a cleaner/polish product.
The type of clear coat used on RVs is very, very hard. It's formulated this way to offer long lasting UV protection. The abrasives found in our polishes are so small that you can't even feel them. High quality products = high quality abrasive technology. You don't "feel the grit" like you would in a bottle of polish that costs $9 at your local parts store. Put it this way, such little material is removed (when using the proper foam polishing pad) that you can't even measure it with a paint thickness gauge.

We offer a non-abrasive wax, but if you never use any type of abrasive cleaner, then you're not getting the full benefit of the wax because you're simply applying it over embedded dirt, road film, etc. Unless your RV is brand spankin' new off the lot, then you should use our AIO Cleaner Wax & Sealant. Top it with our Carnauba Sealant Wax for longer lasting protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007dura View Post
Can your cleaner wax and wax products be used in the sunshine?

You sure can.

Here I am polishing Bob McKee's Newmar Dutchstar using AIO Cleaner Wax & Sealant.

McKees RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 AM   #31

Our new Salem Hemisphere 356QB has the duller finish fiberglass walls. Will using an orbital with a cleaner wax make shinier spots from different time and pressures used as you wax it? We've always had the high gloss sides on our RV's.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #32
Commercial Member

This is some great information. Thanks for posting it. I believe I will be a customer of these products!
niceguy9605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGFazio View Post
Our new Salem Hemisphere 356QB has the duller finish fiberglass walls. Will using an orbital with a cleaner wax make shinier spots from different time and pressures used as you wax it? We've always had the high gloss sides on our RV's.

Thanks
If it's dull from the factory, then that's just the way the surface is finished. Polishing it will not create a shiny surface. It's still important to wax it though. I would recommend using our Wash & Wax RV Shampoo and our Final Step Detail Wax if you want to take the simple approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy9605 View Post
This is some great information. Thanks for posting it. I believe I will be a customer of these products!
My pleasure!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #34

Who uses Zip floor wax on out side walls of your rig? I put it on roof, it's easy and looks great!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Who uses Zip floor wax on out side walls of your rig? I put it on roof, it's easy and looks great!
Find something you like and stick with it.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #36

Rexhall Owners Group
I received my "RV wash and wax in a bucket" care kit from Mckees today, and I am anxious to try it. However it is 32 degrees here, it it needs another 32 or so for me to do it. I think I will take it to Florida with me in January, and demo it for all of the other members of the RV park.
I used ZEP high traffic floor polish on my fiberglass roof last spring as it was in a mildewed and rough condition, and I was frustrated with the brown streaks down the sides after a rain. After scrubbing, I put on 5 coats with a floor mop, and the roof looks great, and there are no more brown streaks after a rain. However, as I expected, there has been a slight yellowing from sun exposure over the summer. It doesn't matter to me so much as it is on the roof, however, I would be upset if it was on the white sidewalls of the RV. I plan to put several renewal coats on the roof next spring. Warning: the roof is much more slippery when it is wet, than it has ever been before.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb.25 View Post
I received my "RV wash and wax in a bucket" care kit from Mckees today, and I am anxious to try it. However it is 32 degrees here, it it needs another 32 or so for me to do it. I think I will take it to Florida with me in January, and demo it for all of the other members of the RV park.
I used ZEP high traffic floor polish on my fiberglass roof last spring as it was in a mildewed and rough condition, and I was frustrated with the brown streaks down the sides after a rain. After scrubbing, I put on 5 coats with a floor mop, and the roof looks great, and there are no more brown streaks after a rain. However, as I expected, there has been a slight yellowing from sun exposure over the summer. It doesn't matter to me so much as it is on the roof, however, I would be upset if it was on the white sidewalls of the RV. I plan to put several renewal coats on the roof next spring. Warning: the roof is much more slippery when it is wet, than it has ever been before.
Bob
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Bob!

If your roof is fiberglass, I would consider applying our Carnauba Sealant Wax. I have a feeling this will work much better than the floor polish.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For quite some time now I have been looking for that miracle cure for my decals. If you click on this photo you'll be able to see the fading of my graphics much better. In you advertisement for the RV Vinyl and Graphic Restorer it mentions class B & C. No mention of class A ????? Regardless will it work on my class A and if so will it cure my very faded graphics ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3793.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	119813  

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
For quite some time now I have been looking for that miracle cure for my decals. If you click on this photo you'll be able to see the fading of my graphics much better. In you advertisement for the RV Vinyl and Graphic Restorer it mentions class B & C. No mention of class A ????? Regardless will it work on my class A and if so will it cure my very faded graphics ?
Sorry for the confusion, we'll have to update our website copy....

To answer your question, *YES* McKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer is safe and effective for the graphics on your RV.

I would plan on applying it heavy or wet, because the decals on your RV look very faded. It will absorb a lot of the product, so it will take several applications before the decals look like new again.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #40

I recently took delivery of a new Thor ACE and need to create an RV wash kit to maintain it. The plan at the moment is to store it outside uncovered. What products of yours would you recommend for a complete kit. Also are any of your products recommended for a non-fiberglass roof? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACE30.2 View Post
I recently took delivery of a new Thor ACE and need to create an RV wash kit to maintain it. The plan at the moment is to store it outside uncovered. What products of yours would you recommend for a complete kit. Also are any of your products recommended for a non-fiberglass roof? Thanks in advance.
Ditto with a Thor ACE 27.1.

Dennis and Carol
Old 02-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACE30.2 View Post

Bumping in the hope I might get a response from McKees RV