Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACE30.2 View Post
I recently took delivery of a new Thor ACE and need to create an RV wash kit to maintain it. The plan at the moment is to store it outside uncovered. What products of yours would you recommend for a complete kit. Also are any of your products recommended for a non-fiberglass roof? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for being so patient...

First and foremost, congrats on the new Thor! Those are very nice.

I would recommend our New RV Owner's Care Kit and our Wash & Wax In a Bucket Kit.

Both kits contain the essentials for cleaning, protecting and maintaining your new Thor.

This brush has also been very popular for washing the RV: Heavy-Duty Acrylic Wash Mop with Flow-Thru Handle

Let me know if you have any further questions.
McKees RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #44

Thank you!
COACE30.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #45

Rexhall Owners Group
Just a testimonial. Yesterday I washed our 13 yr. old 35 ft. Class A , using McKees "wash-n'-wax" and their roll around bucket on caster wheels. It was kinda hot here in Southwest Fl, and I was glad that I didn't have to tote the 5 gal. bucket around. And there is a good shine on the old gal after I got finished.
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb.25 View Post
Just a testimonial. Yesterday I washed our 13 yr. old 35 ft. Class A , using McKees "wash-n'-wax" and their roll around bucket on caster wheels. It was kinda hot here in Southwest Fl, and I was glad that I didn't have to tote the 5 gal. bucket around. And there is a good shine on the old gal after I got finished.
Thanks for the feedback!

Wait until you try out Final Step Detail Wax!

Old 03-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #47

Rexhall Owners Group
I have a bottle of the detail wax that I have been holding off on trying, until I got an answer to a question which I had posed to the customer information section of the McKees website. I have some graphics on which I was interested in trying the vinyl graphics restorer product. I had asked if since I had waxed over the top of the graphics with previous coats of wax over the last several years, if I needed to attempt to strip the wax coats with a detergent, or whether the vinyl graphic restorer product could be applied to the graphics as is, and if after using the restorer product, you should wax over the top of it.
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #48

Quote:
I have a bottle of the detail wax that I have been holding off on trying, until I got an answer to a question which I had posed to the customer information section of the McKees website. I have some graphics on which I was interested in trying the vinyl graphics restorer product. I had asked if since I had waxed over the top of the graphics with previous coats of wax over the last several years, if I needed to attempt to strip the wax coats with a detergent, or whether the vinyl graphic restorer product could be applied to the graphics as is, and if after using the restorer product, you should wax over the top of it.
Be sure to post pictures!
Old 03-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #49

X2 if you please
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Unfortunately I am not at all impressed with the restorer. I have tried in excess of three coats on my vinyl graphics and at best I can see a minimal difference if I look at it from about a 45° angle. I have done just a portion of the graphic to see if, after a couple of days there was any noticeable difference. While it may be a good product for some it was a lost effort on my part. I cannot recommend it.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
What is clay??????????????????
shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by shot View Post
What is clay??????????????????
i

I don't want to step in for the sponsor, but here is a very short description of what a clay bar does. If you google clay bar, you'll find many hits and even videos on how to do it.

I have been into serious auto detailing and doing car shows for almost 20 years, and while I am a "bit obsessive" on my RV paint, I can not reasonably maintain it like I do my cars. I don't clay bar my cars unless I am going to polish them as well (not wax, polish then wax). When I did my first full exterior detail of my new coach, I did not clay bar it; clay barring an entire coach would take the better part of a full day, followed by several days to polish and wax it; it took me about 25 hours just to polish and wax (not including washing it) my coach over multiple days. Clay baring is not hard, just messy. If you are not into serious detailing, and already have very good paint, I don't see clay baring an RV as something that would be practical........

And edited excerpt from a detailing site:

Regardless of how clean you think your paint is, contaminants are still stuck on the paint. Many enthusiasts don't realize polishing is for defect removal, Clay is for the removal of the roughness you can feel with your fingertips. After claying the surface should be evaluated for defects to determine if the next step is polishing or waxing. It is a pliable bar and its sticky nature enables the clay to pick up and hold onto contaminants as it glides across the surface. A lubricant like detailing spray is recommended to ensure clay slides smoothly. As the bar gets dirty, just knead it a bit and flatten it out into another fresh patty.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, I ordered some product and will give it a good try.