Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #1

Why you should WAX your RV!

I can answer any question you have about keeping your RV clean and shiny.

I would like to emphasize the importance of waxing your RV.

Waxing your RV is essential to maintaining the color, shine, and integrity of the painted or gel coat finish. Our line of RV waxes are very durable in order to stand up to the sun and airborne pollutants. RV wax also makes regular cleaning easier and can make it harder for grime to stick to waxed surfaces. To prevent gel coat oxidation and color fading, waxing your RV is a must. Normally if you've followed a multiple step process starting with either a dedicated compound and cleaner/polish or just a cleaner/polish, then you would apply a non-cleaning wax. In this case, you no longer need the cleaning power but instead want maximum protection.

McKee’s RV Carnauba Sealant Wax combines all-natural carnauba wax with super slippery synthetic polymers. While each component in this unique formula has its own strengths and weaknesses, when combined they create a blend that provides the glossy, wet looking shine of a high-end carnauba paste wax with the rock-solid durability of a synthetic polymer – with no trade off!

We can’t stress this enough – waxing your RV shouldn’t be difficult! Bob McKee, the owner and founder of McKee’s RV feels the same way, which is why he commissioned his chemists to create a synthetic wax that is thick, easy to apply, and most importantly, one that lasts.

Once you wax your RV, don't ignore it. Regular application of McKee's RV Final Step Detail Wax will not only keep your RV looking great, but it will extend the wax protection.

Why wax by hand when you can use a random orbital buffer like the FLEX XC3401! This tool is smooth and incredibly easy to handle, plus it doesn't create swirl marks!

What's a cleaner wax?

Cleaner waxes are designed to clean, polish, and protect the surface that they are applied to. While they all strive to achieve these goals, many formulas lack in one (or more!) of these areas. That’s not the case with McKee’s RV All-In-One Cleaner Wax & Sealant.This unique formula cleans to remove embedded dirt, polishes to remove swirl marks and oxidation, and seals for long lasting protection.

Apply a cleaner wax/all-in-one polish with a foam polishing pad. This gives the wax a little bit of cut to remove light oxidation and staining.

RVs are BIG, and performing multiple steps can take days or even weeks! Whether your RV is brand new or showing signs of oxidation and fading, save time and money by detailing it in one step with McKee’s RV All-In-One Cleaner Wax & Sealant. Apply by hand or machine – you’ll never find a RV cleaner wax or all-in-one polish that is easier to apply and remove. Apply with the lightweight FLEX XC3401 dual action polisher and you'll wonder why you ever polished and waxed by hand. Not only will this machine save you time, but it will also produce much better results because the dual action head rotates and oscillates. Fear not, this is not a rotary tool so you don't have to worry about inducing swirl marks into the finish.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #2

Nice, I have only one question, "Does your system have Remote Control?"

Old 10-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Nice, I have only one question, "Does your system have Remote Control?"
LOL! If you're not a do-it-yourselfer, a lot of RV detailers have made the switch to McKee's RV. If they don't already use our product, you can get a bottle from us and request that they use it.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #4

We prefer that if you have a question in regards to a product or application of a product, that you post it on the forum for everyone to see, as there may be other people that have the same question.

This morning I received a PM asking the following questions:

Quote:
Actually, I have bookmarked your site and plan to pursue further sometime over the winter. My coach is inside my heated garage and I try to give it a treatment at least once a year over the winter and then I use the waterless products for most of my needs during the rest of the year. The whole wash/wax project takes me a few weeks....

Presently, I am more concerned with the finish on my toad. After our trip to Alaska two summers ago the finish is full of swirls and scratches from all the mud and grime we encountered.
I am looking at the kit with the Orbitz machine or do you have a better suggestion?

Any chance of a price break for having to deal with the 30 percent deficit in our dollar?

I would personally recommend the FLEX XC3401 McKee's RV Polish & Wax Kit. Featuring the Mercedes Benz of polishers, the FLEX XC3401, along with McKee’s RV All-In-One Cleaner Wax & Sealant and McKee’s RV Carnauba Sealant Wax, this kit eliminates light oxidation and scratches, improves gloss, and protects the surface from environmental contaminants. The FLEX XC3401 McKee's RV Polish & Wax Kit even includes McKee’s RV Waterless Wash for on-the-go washes.

We offer several ways to save.

First and foremost, purchasing the kit above saves you over $92 versus purchasing everything separately. That's a great deal.

Second, we have a newsletter that you can sign up for. Sign up to Mckees RV's newsletter to get news about sales and new products delivered to your inbox. You’ll be the first to know what’s new in boat and RV care and you’ll get exclusive coupons and specials. Sign up today!

Last, but not least, we offer free shipping in the contiguous 48 states. No minimum required through October 31st.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKees RV View Post
I can answer any question you have about keeping your RV clean and shiny.
That's quite a remarkable article!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Though this is clearly an add for a product I will give you yet another reason to wax your RV. MPG..

Years ago (1976) I purchased the only new car I'll likely ever own, I kept MPG logs.. When I waxed it (Simonize since it was new and shiny) I was amazed at the improvement in MPG.

Well,,,, many moons later (2005) I bought what may be the only brand New Motor home I'll ever own... And likewise when I waxed it I saw an increase in the MPG. An AMAZING increase.

Now I will not tell you what that increase was. I have found when I do folks tend to not believe me.. but I have confirmed it and so have others.. Instead I will make this recommendation.

Fill 'er up.. Full.. Drive and keep MPG logs WRITE IT DOWN

now give it a bath and polish (Wash and wax) and keep logging MPG
Then do the math

100*({Waxed MPG}-{Unwaxed MPG})/{Unwaxed MPG} = Improvement%

If you dare, Post the results.. If you don't PM me with 'em.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #8

Good info to have
Old 10-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I use the flex orbital on my cars and motorhome, it is a great tool but a little on the heavy side. With the right products and the right pads it will take the swirls out very easy.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
IC2

Gotta ask - are your McKees wax products any better then my usual pro level Meguire's? How so?

No Flex Orbital for me at 418 AMAZON bucks (incl taxes) vs a $124 w/taxes Porter Cable at Home Depot.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:26 PM   #11

I was also curious as to what the Flex Orbital had going for it that my Porter Cable did not.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 PM   #12

Do you recommend using a clay bar once or twice a year on an RV. I even did a clay bar application on my brand new 2015 Ram 2500 and it made a world of difference. Just don't know how it would work on a fiberglass clad RV. I would think the same but thought I'd get your opinion.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:05 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
I was also curious as to what the Flex Orbital had going for it that my Porter Cable did not.
It is heavier so you don't have to put as much pressure when taking out swirls and scratches. Also the flex covers more area in its orbit than the Porter Cable. If your happy with your PG I certainly would not buy a Flex even though I love mine.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:10 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
Do you recommend using a clay bar once or twice a year on an RV. I even did a clay bar application on my brand new 2015 Ram 2500 and it made a world of difference. Just don't know how it would work on a fiberglass clad RV. I would think the same but thought I'd get your opinion.
It is always important to clay any vehicle first before you put a wax or sealant on it. I wash with a vehicle soap that will remove any sealant or wax, then clay. I put a sealant on first then a good carnauba wax. I hope this helps.