Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #1

02 Freightliner XCS Chassis Dash problems

Hi
Started the 02 damon today and the dash did not energize at all. None of the lights or gauges. Nothing? But it runs fine. I found 1 fuse tat was for dash but it was fine. Any ideas where to start on this problem?
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 07:09 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
The dash gets it signal from the VDC. It is 12 x 12 black box, with a red and green (Think) air hose attached to it.
Next I would also call 24/7 freightliner.
I think the VDC for your rig COULD be locate in a compartment near the rear time? At least for mine it is.
Now I would also look at the grounds and connectors

gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:32 AM   #3

Dry camp I had a similar issue last year, after getting a jump start on chassis batteries, it was the 150v fuse that is between the solenoid where your emergency start circuit relays are . On my unit it was in the electrical Bay where the inverter sits.
Try this after you get your unit started hit the auxiliary start or emergency start see if your dash lights up, if it does that may be the issue.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #4

Still looking

Thanks,
I have found a few suspect wires. (Corroded bad) by the batteries. I will fix them today in the rain. I am a boating transplant, So I am used to hunting things down. 33 yrs boating time to try something a little dryer. I am surprised at the fit and finish of this Damon. They just stick electrical stuff anywhere,weather exposed or not. Kind of weak. Maybe its just Damon.

Tags
chassis, dash, ems, freightliner, problems