Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #1

04-06 Country Coach Inspire vs Fleetwood Discovery / Excursion / Expedition

Hi everyone... It's been a while since I've been here... been paying a lot of time and looking for my first RV. Of course, since I first started paying attention to what I might want, things have evolved. I know now that I'm going to go after a diesel pusher... I really need the load and tow capacity over gas.

My ideal floorplan is fairly common with 3 and 4 slide coaches, however the shorter vehicles are much harder to find... so I'm probably going to be forced to get a coach a bit larger than I want. Anyway...

I haven't really been able to find much about the Country Coach Inspire.. by all means it looks as nice or nicer than the Fleetwood Discovery / Excursion and better than the Expedition. I see the pictures and I see their original MSRPs and stuff like that.

So is there anything anyone could tell me? Is build quality of the Inspire worth the premium over the nicer Fleetwoods?

Anyway, thanks for any comments or suggestions or whatever.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here's a link to Damon Rapozo's site that has a lot of the info on Country Coach. We bought our Magna from him at Premier RV in Junction City OR.

http://damonrapozo.com/model_history/

We think the premium is worth it, your opinion might be different.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My simple answer is yes. It is better, the country coach.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #4

Well we have a Country Coach and love it. The ride is great even being at the lower end of the pecking order it still has all maple wood inside, slides that work some other make they have big problems. In the Inspire if you want a 4 slide you have to go 36' mine is 40' with 3 slides. I ditched the Norcold and installed a RR frig (love it) this is not my install but looks the same
Samsung Refrigerator Install
Had all my windows resealed (most coaches have that problem) and had a few other things fixed. The radiator was replaced just before we got it.
When I got it 3 years ago it had 17,000mi on it, we had new tires installed first thing plus I love the air leveling .
If you have any questions, PM me
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
" Is build quality of the Inspire worth the premium over the nicer Fleetwoods?"

Yes it is. The DynoMax chassis is heads above the Freightliner or Spartan chassis used on the class of coach you are looking at.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:50 PM   #6

Cant say much about the fleetwood products but when I first started looking at rvs years ago I did look at a discovery and ended up buying an inspire. The inspire is an entry level rig but its just missing fluff and glitz really.The bones are basicly the same and the chassis came out of the same shop as far as I know. Country coach always uses good component's. If you want a little nicer machine you might give the intrigues a look.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:29 PM   #7

Well, yeah, I understand the Inspire is their budget line, but I've never even seen one in person. I have a good idea what I'd be getting if I bought one of the nicer Fleetwood badged lines or a similar Itasca/Winnie Meridian Journey whatever.. and CC's budget appears to be a little nicer in most regards to the Fleetwood Winnie models I've looked at.

I don't need fancy recessed wood and mirror ceilings with LED glow strips. Just something comparable to the Fleetwood or Winnie/Itasca lines I mentioned. There are a couple of beaters in the $60k-ish range on ebay/rvt that might be acceptable for my use. I dunno.

So I'm looking primarily in the 2004-2006 model years in the $60k price range, I don't mind moderately used with some wear and tear. I do plan on spending a good bit on solar and lithium batteries and know if I sell, I won't get a return, so having to DIY

Mr_D thanks... I found that site a few days ago and it didn't really help much.

I really wish I could stick to 34-35', but yeah, it looks like I'd be lucky to get a 36' and probably end up with 39' just due to availability.

FWIW, I have been actively paying attention to a number of sites over the last 10 months or so and am getting really close to buying. Prices are starting to come down and nice older units are starting to show up. So I'm ready to buy right now, but I'm being patient.

One thing I did like was the pass thru storage. A lot of DP coaches don't seem to have it these days.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
"I don't need fancy recessed wood and mirror ceilings with LED glow strips."

Well, that's good as you won't get that with an Inspire
Old 08-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #9

A method I use in order to SWAG relative nice-ness of coaches is their NADA pricing. I use the original MSRP. If one coach's MSRP was $259K and another one you're looking at was $349K, you're pretty sure that there's a good bit of difference between them.

Low Retail isn't always accurate. It's close with higher volume and current manufacturers, but can be pretty far off with low-production and NLA manufacturers. Low retail is a math function based on MSRP instead of an average of sales figures.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #10

Well I really like the aspect that the chassis is better on the CC. I did a bit more reading last night and yeah, that sounds like a worthy and significant upgrade over Freightliner.

Yeah, I've been looking at NADA MSRPs, but it doesn't really help me determine worthiness... I had my eye on a few Thor Mandalay but couldn't commit because I've heard too much bad about Thor, for example.

So many choices... I didn't even have CC on the radar before. But I'm looking for a full time and with most differences being minimal, the starter model CC is starting to stand out.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bartelt View Post
Well I really like the aspect that the chassis is better on the CC. I did a bit more reading last night and yeah, that sounds like a worthy and significant upgrade over Freightliner.

Yeah, I've been looking at NADA MSRPs, but it doesn't really help me determine worthiness... I had my eye on a few Thor Mandalay but couldn't commit because I've heard too much bad about Thor, for example.

So many choices... I didn't even have CC on the radar before. But I'm looking for a full time and with most differences being minimal, the starter model CC is starting to stand out.
If you are looking to go full time I would definitely give the Inspire a good look. You will appreciate the quality of the components and their durability.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:09 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I wouldn't eliminate Monaco from your search. Ours was a 2005 Monaco Diplomat 36', three slide. It had the Roadmaster Chassis and came with a 400ISL. Price wise, it went for about $95K and had a Winegard satellite, flat screens, residential refer, 6 batteries and new tires.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #13

Might also want to check out the Alpine's, as the have some 36' coaches with mid entry door. Pro's and Con's on mid vs front doors, and it comes down to floor layout and how you care to use a coach. Alpine's were well built, and also had a unique peak chassis.

Inspire's are a solid coach.

Suggest you also consider how you will use the RV when you are traveling. Will you be always in the warmer climates? Or, will you want to do some winter camping or cold weather camping too? If so, then dropping down a few years to remain in budget, and looking for a coach with Hydro/Aqua Hot heating, and possibly electric floor radiant tile heating, is a nice feature to consider.

The Country Coach Allure line upwards, can bring those to the table. And Allures, as well as a few years of the Intrigues, can be found at between 32-36'. (Personally, I feel 36' is the sweet spot on not being too big for many of the parks that a 40'+ will not fit in, and livability for longer periods of time, say over a 32-34'.

And while not in the same league as the Country Coaches, another often overlooked coach is the Rexhall on the Spartan Chassis. Many of them were made with unique interiors, as well as super slides. And Bill Rex really made a good slide, he was the industry leader on many innovations. And a final few plugs to the Rexhall is that they have a steel cage assembly, that provides an enhanced safety margin over many other coaches.

Happy hunting, and for sure, the Inspire is a fine coach. It is one up from he Tribute, which was CC's actual entry level coach on the pecking order of CC's. Not made for many years, and that is where the Inspire is often mentioned as the entry level into CC's.

Smitty
Old 09-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #14

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the help.

I ended up getting the 2005 Country Coach Inspire 330. It doesn't have an oven, but it has everything else I wanted, and an extra slide. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. It's needs a bit of work, most of which is superficial and can be ignored.

So I think I got about as close to perfection as a first time RVer can.

It's amazing how my needs and desires changed just from seriously researching and paying attention for a good year. I started this search last September, looking for a Winnebago 35". Progressed to wanting a 34" Fleetwood Diesel. Ended up with this.

I'm really happy but really freaking scared. Big life move for me alone. Should be interesting!

Tags
fleetwood