Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #1

04 Alfa See Ya I need an owners manuel

I just bought my first rv after reading a lot about the alfa's and peoples negative opinions i decided to go with an alfa because we just really liked that one the most. Really the main reason I joined this is i need an owners Manuel and cant seem to find one if anyone has any info on how i can get one i would appreciate it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by APlusParts View Post
I just bought my first rv after reading a lot about the alfa's and peoples negative opinions i decided to go with an alfa because we just really liked that one the most. Really the main reason I joined this is i need an owners Manuel and cant seem to find one if anyone has any info on how i can get one i would appreciate it.
I just traded my '05 Alfa See Ya fiver having bought it new. Don't get your hopes up about the owner's manual, it's nothing to write home about. You can probably find what you need on the Alfateers web site. Below is a clicky. I learned quite a bit about mine over the last 7 years so if you have any questions I will be glad to share what I know. Which one do you have?

http://www.alfateersrvservice.com/

Gary

Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #3

I appreciate the reply i bought 2004 alfa see ya gold it has 11,000 miles inside and out like new no fiberglass blisters the leather still smells new so i am very pleased. I wanted the owners manual just really to have it. I am having 2 problems now when i purchased it the generator which has 157 hours was fine. after a month i went to get it ready when i pushed the button to start the gen the starter just clicked but did not engage and did not turn the motor over. On mine it also has this digital thing to the left of the steering wheel which allows you to set when the gen comes on off (a reason i wanted the manual not sure how to use it) but after playing with the digital panel i got the gen to start no problem and the same day it would not start from the gen start button. 1 week later last night now i cant get it to start from either controls. Im not sure if you know much about cars but it reminds me of an old ford starter that when you banged it with a hammer it would then turn over. I would say the starter was bad but because it started from that digital thing i can only believe its something with the coach. my other problem is the satelite system i just dont know how to use it. mine has 4 tv's and next to the front tv is a box that allows me to controls what tv displays what it doesnt seem to work i think if i tinker enough with it i can figure it out. Also do you know where the fuse box is. thanks for any help
Old 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #4

owners manual

Welcome to Alfaville, the most negative response rv out there!
The wife and I love ours. Hey, they all need repairs!
From the Alfa posts I see, I could copy my manual and make a fortune.
Where might you be located.
Bozo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #5

I'm wondering if items like the digital "thing" that controls the automatic on/off cycle of the generator would be covered by the Alfa manual anyway. I would doubt that the satellite system would be covered in the Alfa manual either ...just guessing not, though. Most manufacturer's owner's manuals are pretty generic and unless the item is an exclusive system that is proprietary to that manufacturer, the owner's manual usually does not go into detail on how to operate that item.

I'm wondering if that digital control is an actual Onan remote. Is it moveable or is it attached permanently to the left of the steering wheel?

Take a look at this page > (click here) and see if it's either the autostart Onan digital remote or one of the Onan Energy Command digital control panels. If it is, you can download the operating instructions from that webpage/site.

-harry
Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #6

Also check your gas gauge
Bozo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo13 View Post
Also check your gas gauge
Also check the Gen oil level. Make sure the vehicle is sitting level. Must be pretty exact on the full line, not over, not under.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer, Sam, Judy, Grand Daughter - Kenzie, 3 spoiled Pomeranians, Bella, Tinker and Aurora - 1 spoiled JR terrier, Mayzee - 1996 Ford Explorer, Sport 2 Door, 4 wheel drive, pulls 4 down like a dream.
Sam Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #8

first of all i would like to thank everyone for all the help. i will start by saying i am a mechanical guy i have worked in a salvage yard all my life and i build all the motors for my dirt bikes. with that said i didnt realize the gen button was a toggle and i was pushing off. as soon i pushed forward (start) it started up no problem. I seem to have worked out all the bugs except one. mine is the king dome in motion satellite and it has a satellite controller i do have the instruction on how to use it but the problem is i cant get power to the controller which could be as bad as a burnt out controller or simply an unplugged cable i took the back panel off to try to see where the wire goes but there is just to many and i dont want to mess anything up. if anyone has experienced this or just has some suggestion i would really appreciate and in reference to the owners manual i think you are correct that i dont need one.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #9

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by APlusParts View Post
I seem to have worked out all the bugs except one. mine is the king dome in motion satellite and it has a satellite controller i do have the instruction on how to use it but the problem is i cant get power to the controller which could be as bad as a burnt out controller or simply an unplugged cable i took the back panel off to try to see where the wire goes but there is just to many and i dont want to mess anything up. if anyone has experienced this or just has some suggestion i would really appreciate
I also have a King Dome system, I currently don't use it but my hand controller does not power up. I checked my unit on top and it has power to the control board, I too would like to know if the hand control unit should work without a dish receiver hooked up to it. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdaniels View Post
I also have a King Dome system, I currently don't use it but my hand controller does not power up. I checked my unit on top and it has power to the control board, I too would like to know if the hand control unit should work without a dish receiver hooked up to it. Any info would be appreciated.
how do i check on top to see if mine has power to the control board and what is the control board