Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
04 Revolution Wiper Problem

Does anyone know where I can find the fuse for for the wiper's on a 2004 Revolution. Traveling today in the rain, and the wipers will not work. I looked in the fuse panel outside below the D/S seat, and the rear on the front of the bed. There are not any fuses marked wipers. I have looked in the manuals, & can not locate it!

Any help would be appreciated!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have you looked near the battery storage and fuse block? Under the Hood so to speak.
Good Luck!

Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

That would be a chassis fuse rather than the house system. Have you looked under the entry step? Fleetwood diesels often have a major chassis & dashboard fuse panel under there.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just left a message for Fleetwood. I have check the main 12V fuse panel, & the one by the bed. Gary, I will go look under & around the dash area for another fuse panel. I have looked under the steps, they are just storage boxes.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Under the inside entry steps is where they are on my '04 American Tradition. Thought the Revolution might be the same, since they were built on the same assembly line. Sorry that was no help.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I talked with Fleetwood to locate my wiper fuse. They told me to look under the steps, as Gary did. We finally located them under the driver seat, in a different enclosed box. The slow blow fuse was good, pointing to a problem with the wiper motor. I undid the 4 wire connection to the wiper motor, and had 12v present. I noticed the wiper motor was extremely hot. That is not good! I guess I will remove the wiper motor for a closer inspection.

Any suggestions for locating a cheap replacement?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Take the old motor to a NAPA store and see if they can match it up?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Take the old motor to a NAPA store and see if they can match it up?

Thanks Gary,

I was hoping that would be possible. It looks pretty similar to others that I have seen. Once I remove the old motor, I might take it apart to see if the brushes are bad. It was getting hot, but not turning. Maybe I will get lucky!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

There is little unique about an RV chassis - the components are all purchased from regular component suppliers. It's just a matter of identifying the component manufacturer, or figuring out the specs to get an equivalent product.

If NAPA can't help, try a truck parts place.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #10

You might also try carefully removiing the motor housing and pull it apart. Those mototr do not have a very good seal and build up rust if they are not used often.If you are good with your hands hands you can fix it in about 5 minutes by cleaning the inside. When you put it back together make sure to wrap wear the motor head and body set together.
If it is broken you can not break it any more, so might as well see how it works.
Good luck
Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I got the wiper motor off today. It is a Denso Wiper Motor 159100-7370. The only place to purchase it is ASE Supply for 113.00 + shipping. Around 130.00 total.

I am going to take the motor apart & tinker with it before I order a new one. Hopefully it just needs cleaning up.

Thanks for the help
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #12

Good for you and good luck.
Where the housing comes together there are two little holes, they can let water in and rust. A good shot of WD40 and start moving to back and forth and I beat you will have a working motor and save you some beer money.
Good luck
Old 10-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Be sure to clean out the dried up grease in the gears and housing. You should have few problems
Good Luck
Paul
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
I took the wiper motor apart today. It had quite a bit of corrosion inside. One end of the motor had a ball on the end of the shaft. It had seized, locking down the motor. No sign of grease on this end. I got everthing apart & cleaned up. The tricky part will be installing the springs on the brushes. Someone seems to have been in this motor before! Duct tape was covering parts of the motor.

I should get the motor back together tomorrow, & then I will test before putting it back on the MH. Hopefully it will work!