Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
The slide cut outs are pin switches in each cargo compartment. The 2001 Landau manual shows the complete wiring diagrams.
http://www.coachmenrv.com/downloads/...s/14128237.pdf
The Diagram for the slides is on page 20 and the overall electrical layout is page 23.
This diagram is close to my actual 2000 Landau diesel wiring layout but the wiring codes (colors) are different... (Diagram that came with my MH was the "rat's nest" or ball of twine version below)

Hope this helps..

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Thanks Koda, will give them a call.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hello I have a 06 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster with 3 slides try this, pull out the drawer between the sink and stove to gain access to the passenger side wall and their should be 2 control boxes. These are for the slides. Each control box should operate 2 slides. I had a problem about 3 years ago when one side of a control box went out. I will try to find a wire diagram I have of this and try to post it. The motors for the slides are pretty simple also. I don`t have any relays just these control boxes. I hope this helps.

Good Luck JP
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
06georgieboy attached (I hope) is the wiring diagram for the 05 Landau. Hope this helps lets us know what you find.

Good Luck
JP
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slide Wiring Diagram.pdf (520.8 KB, 176 views)
File Type: pdf Slide Operating Instructions.pdf (1.18 MB, 169 views)
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
2005 georgie boy bed slide manual bolt location

I have had the same problem with my bed slide for 4 years. Yesterday it quit working. We first pulled the wall switch panel off and switched the wires from the wardrobe to bed switch and the wardrobe still worked. So we knew it was not the switch. We tried the manual overide while i pushed and pulled on the bed slide that was open an inch. Wouldnt budge. After quite a bit of searching I learned the manual bolt was located behind the LOWER bed board on the right. I removed the 2 wooden plugs at the foot end on right side and removed the 2 screws behind them. The board pried off easily. NOTE. This left a few sharp screws sticking out which the top of my hand discovered by accident if you know what I mean, so take care. With a 17mm socket, a 6 inch ext and a 3/8 drive it was relatively easy to crank out the slide manually. Remember you must have someone press on overide. Next step is lifting up bed and removing the motor cover. Will post my experience with that because these forums have helped me numerous times and I want to pay it forward. FYI. The manual to our rv was easily downloaded from coachman.
Bnb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnb144 View Post
I have had the same problem with my bed slide for 4 years. Yesterday it quit working. We first pulled the wall switch panel off and switched the wires from the wardrobe to bed switch and the wardrobe still worked. So we knew it was not the switch. We tried the manual overide while i pushed and pulled on the bed slide that was open an inch. Wouldnt budge. After quite a bit of searching I learned the manual bolt was located behind the LOWER bed board on the right. I removed the 2 wooden plugs at the foot end on right side and removed the 2 screws behind them. The board pried off easily. NOTE. This left a few sharp screws sticking out which the top of my hand discovered by accident if you know what I mean, so take care. With a 17mm socket, a 6 inch ext and a 3/8 drive it was relatively easy to crank out the slide manually. Remember you must have someone press on overide. Next step is lifting up bed and removing the motor cover. Will post my experience with that because these forums have helped me numerous times and I want to pay it forward. FYI. The manual to our rv was easily downloaded from coachman.
The proper socket is a 5/8 and the location is on the right side looking at the bed from foot end.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #21

Are any of you aware of anyone coming up with a permanent fix for this shear pin breaking problem on the slide out for Georgie Boy motorhomes? Mine would not go in all the way at the bottom and the manual pipe handle is worthless for getting it in or out. When I headed out for home, it popped out while driving down the interstate.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #22

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnb144 View Post
The proper socket is a 5/8 and the location is on the right side looking at the bed from foot end.
Today I couldn't operate either rear slide. All I heard was clicking, so immediately checked my digital battery monitor for all batteries that is connected to our solar array. All batteries were fine - this is not an idiot light monitor but one that shows amp hours, voltage to the 2nd decimal and of course solar charging info. Then I went back and cranked out the bed slide manually using a 16 mm socket - I had said before that it was a 17mm and I was wrong as pointed out above. I couldn't find a 5/8 so I used a 16mm. Then I found my own post and was reminded where the control boxes are located. Each slide has its own box under the drawers next to the stove as stated above. I jiggled the wires and presto.

FYI I highly recommend solar panels, we have never had a battery problem since they were installed.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRay043 View Post
Are any of you aware of anyone coming up with a permanent fix for this shear pin breaking problem on the slide out for Georgie Boy motorhomes? Mine would not go in all the way at the bottom and the manual pipe handle is worthless for getting it in or out. When I headed out for home, it popped out while driving down the interstate.
I replaced mine with an industrial grade bolt and nut from Lowe's - the goldish colored bolts. I realize this could break something else if the slide was jammed, but guess what? It has been in for 2 years now. I replaced at least 3 shear pins over a 1 year period. The dealer checked the slide and said there was no reason for the pins to break...well they did
Old 01-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #24

Mid Atlantic Campers
Control box location

I posted additional info somewhere in this forum, but I just discovered a new problem One which made me manually crank in bedroom slide. Now I don't.

Today I discovered both of my control boxes had broken solder joints on the board where the ground plugs in. Very Simple fix:
*Locate boxes under lower sink drawer. They are identical boxes and are labeled dual slide out control
*Box closest to wall is for bedroom slides. Of course the one closest to you is the living room slide
*Unplug all wires on box needing repaired by pinching sides of plugs and pull them out. No need to worry which one goes where as they can only go in one way
*Have fun removing the screw closest to furnace. (Only 2 screws)
*gently pry the black back plastic plate off. (There are no clips. Just simply pry lightly a little at a time from each corner)
*The one marked ground had the bad solder joints in each controller.
*Using very thin resin core solder repair the break on the rear of the board
*Let it cool and set, then replace
*Enjoy your slide out....if this was the problem.

It took us less than 10 minutes to complete this repair.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:57 AM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
06 georgieboy slideout problems

I finally just took mine to camping world since I had bought an extended warranty.They said my inverter was trash and the battery voltage was all over the place,they changed it out and they work smoother than they ever have.We will find out for sure once we start camping this year,I really hope this fixes it.
06georgieboy
Old 06-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #26

Having a problem with my 2004 Landau 2450 front slide. I think I need a new slide switch. Has anyone had this problem, if so can you tell me what the part number of the switch would be. If so please E-Mail me at gmcz7155@comcast.net
Thanks,

Tags
georgie boy, slideout