Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #1

0NAN Quiet Diesel 10000 Model 10 HDCAA11506A

Any knowledgeable techs in Palm Springs?. Idles forever but under any load, dies in 10 to 30 minutes. getting to accept warm food. btw ,iSUZU 3 CYL ENGINE.
Passing thru quartzsite en route
ISM500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar experience with my genny 10kw Isuzu diesel. It took a control module for 800 + and 2 hrs labor to fix the issue. Find Cummins that has the module before stopping. We wasted 2 trips to Cummins before it was resolved.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Would you have the part number handy?
Old 11-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
yes i can find it, but our model numbers are not exactly the same. I would hesitate on saying it would work, it would be better to call cummins on monday and get it from them. any coach care or genny cummins has the info. I'll look to see if i have a copy of your manual ....

kerry
Old 11-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
service manual available via email if you send an address, it exceeds the 3.0 Mbyte limit on this site by 0.08 Mbytes....
Old 11-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #6

Are you sure the fuel filter is good? Sometimes when filters get too clogged, engines will run at idle or slow, but not under load.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
service manual available via email if you send an address, it exceeds the 3.0 Mbyte limit on this site by 0.08 Mbytes....
Thanks again. Check your private messages.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martind4 View Post
Are you sure the fuel filter is good? Sometimes when filters get too clogged, engines will run at idle or slow, but not under load.
That and a restricted exhaust (plugged or crushed) will stop engine under load.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martind4 View Post
This is in fact a replacement filter. Thanks for the reminder to add a fuel flow check to the diagnosis process. Had jumped the gun and replaced the lift pump with the filter.

Fuel lines (feed and return) have been checked and rechecked for leaks which could add air. Nothing obvious.

No trouble codes show up.

This has given us TOOOO much hassles to date.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
ISM500,

We have had some issues with our 10KW Onan.

If you are traveling through Tucson, call Simonsen Generator Service 520-889-9581. Very experienced, very fair prices.

We also had good service on our Onan at Cummins in Avondale. AZ. They have coach hookups in their parking lot, too. I was underwhelmed with Cummins in Ventura, CA. They broke our generator, but did stand finally stand good for the repair.

Cheers,
Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
That and a restricted exhaust (plugged or crushed) will stop engine under load.
You know it never crossed my mind to check the exhaust. Of course if it is severely restricted the engine cannot exhale. Might be dating myself but remember the old prank of stuffing a potato into an exhaust pipe and watching the poor fellow try to start his car!!

Thanks for all the great responses. Might finally be able, with all this advice, to get that Isuzu to wake up.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
ISM500,

We have had some issues with our 10KW Onan.

If you are traveling through Tucson, call Simonsen Generator Service 520-889-9581. Very experienced, very fair prices.

We also had good service on our Onan at Cummins in Avondale. AZ. They have coach hookups in their parking lot, too. I was underwhelmed with Cummins in Ventura, CA. They broke our generator, but did stand finally stand good for the repair.

Cheers,
Appreciate you sharing your findings. Saves me from re-inventing the wheel. Looking to be in AZ in April.

If some of the DIY suggestions are beyond my pay grade, it's good to know where to shop and often more important,where NOT to go. Most everyone has experienced expensive repairs which were short lived and off the mark.

Tags
diesel, quiet